cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Sephora.com Site Issues

Hey BeautyTalkers,

We want to make sure you know that we are working to fix the site issues affecting Sephora.com for the past couple of weeks. Some of the fixes we are working to restore include 404 error messages and "All Brands" page access. While we work on these fixes, please try clearing your cache/cookies and updating your browsers for a better experience. 

We're starting to see improvements and are hoping everything will be working properly in a timely manner. If you see any issues please report them below. 

Thanks!
Katie

EDIT: Please include screenshots of the issues you're seeing if possible! It helps us out a lot 🙂 

Re: Sephora.com Site Issues

Not sure I understand why Sephora redid their site. It's extremely difficult to use and navigate compared to the old UI. As others have mentioned, reviews are completely MIA - for me, it's across devices and browsers. I'm also having a difficult time logging in and stuck in a neverending refresh loop when it comes to certain login use cases. Also, please add brands a-z back to the brand drop down menu without making us have to click to a different page. Just a very inefficient shopping experience and the reason why you went from my favorite e-commerce site to one I no longer use. 

Anonymous Insider

Not sure what's going on with the website, but I've noticed (its been about a week or more) than reviews load and disappear after a couple of seconds. I thought it might be because I wasn't signed in, but it does that when I'm signed in as well. Is there a glitch? I find the whole new revamp of the website to be quite annoying & top heavy. It used to be a lot of fun to browse the Sephora website in my spare time & binge shop. Now I find there's so much going on, its overwhelming, that I literally only go on there if I know what I want or if there's a review I'm interested in. Good job Sephora! 

This happened to me when I was browsing on Safari, but then I loaded the site on Chrome and the reviews stayed up. I feel like Sephora.com is way more glitchy on Safari than other browsers for some reason.

I'm on Chrome and I have the same problem...

ashanizer wrote:

This happened to me when I was browsing on Safari, but then I loaded the site on Chrome and the reviews stayed up. I feel like Sephora.com is way more glitchy on Safari than other browsers for some reason.

Anonymous Insider

I have another problem with the Sephora website. When I'm looking at product reviews, they'll load fine, but they'll just disappear after 5 seconds. I don't know why, but it's quite annoying. Also the average rating is not showing up.

Fix the website already please. It takes FOREVER for pages to load! If you want people to keep shopping, make it easier not harder. I've been trying for 20 just to the get travel size page to load. So frustrating!! 

I still cannot log into my account 😞

@hellocupcake I also experienced problems in the past as well but found work arounds that helped.

Do you see an error message when you attempt to log in?

Also, do you have the latest version of browsers installed (Chrome, Firefox, IE)? 

I am still unable to login via Chrome along with a host of other issues on the site. It is so frustrating when you are trying to checkout and you cannot.  

I can't login/checkout with chrome either, get a 'bad request' error page. Often when attempting to view the basket too.  Had to use firefox to complete an order.

Also, I keep getting emails about things left in my cart when my cart is empty.

The automatic dropdowns for all the categories below the 'sephora' blocking the page as i'm browsing it is somewhat frustrating as well. 

sigh 😞 

I am still unable to log into my account on my smartphone (Android) if I pick the desktop version. I wish this would get fixed as I've not been able to get onto BT as much 😞 @KatieBT

This is an annoying little bug I continue to experience with the app (as I compile my dream shopping basket for the sale):

Let's say I'm scrolling through all the products on the Make Up For Ever page. I click into one of the products to read more about it, reviews, etc. When I click BACK out of the product page I'm brought back to the VERY TOP of all the Make Up For Ever products so I have to scroll down and find my place where I last left off browsing. Since some brands have hundreds of products this is super duper annoying and a bad user experience. It really hampers my deep searching and kinda makes me not want to explore around. Hope you guys can look into it! Thanks! 🙂

(I'm on an iPhone 7+ that auto updates all my apps so whatever your latest version is, is what I have installed!)

Hmm actually you can maybe scratch this because after several days of experiencing this it's no longer happening. Awesome! 

I am experiencing a weird problem today. I can open BT home page only if I come through Sephora.ca clicking the option to head to Beauty talk. I can open threads directly through email link but can't go to the home page from there.

Anonymous Insider

Im trying to buy some blush and i keep getting error 404 😞 whats going on :'( Sephora take my money!

So, any chance of fixing these problems before the sale? Yes, I still have major issues on all browsers. Anyone else? Am I the only one still having issues? So annoying. Shopping should not be this stressful!

Spoiler
upload_6236683492594781539.jpg

Thank God, I thought I was the only one experiencing this... At first I thought maybe Chrome was the problem, so I went to Safari and it was fine. Then Safari started going all ape poop so I thought maybe, just maybe, there would be a thread about it here...

At least I'm not crazy!

And as @Anonymous said earlier, I too feel like it's getting worse and worse.

The last time I was on the receiving end of this many sorry's I got a box of Timbits. 

😉 

Overall the site's been working better for me, but I've had a weird new issue today... I seem to have difficulties accessing BT using community.sephora like I always used to do. I now need to go to sephora first and then go through the drop downs to get to BT. 

THere's absolutely no way for me to access BT on my phone (using Chrome, not app). It used to work  just fine by going to community.sephora.com, but for some reason it started to redirect to an error page (community.sephora.com/t5/errors/errorpage) that reads as follows:

Spoiler
An Unexpected Error has occurred. Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: (whatever alphanumeric combo I get). Click your browser's Back button to continue.

I've cleaned the cache and cookies and whatever, but whenever I try to access BT by either typing the URL or clicking on the "BEAUTYTALK" link it still gives me the same error page. 

Anonymous Insider

The problems are getting WORSE AND WORSE!! I can't even access my cart anymore. I cannot checkout or buy anything. All I get now is a WE'RE SORRY PAGE on what appears to be a mobile site. I also am still getting a 400 error code. I am beyond right now. Its been a week and nothing is improving only getting worse. How can customers not be able to look up products, get information and check out?!?!?!

I am in the same boat as you! I can't do anything!!!

testing