cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Sephora.com Site Issues

Hey BeautyTalkers,

We want to make sure you know that we are working to fix the site issues affecting Sephora.com for the past couple of weeks. Some of the fixes we are working to restore include 404 error messages and "All Brands" page access. While we work on these fixes, please try clearing your cache/cookies and updating your browsers for a better experience. 

We're starting to see improvements and are hoping everything will be working properly in a timely manner. If you see any issues please report them below. 

Thanks!
Katie

EDIT: Please include screenshots of the issues you're seeing if possible! It helps us out a lot 🙂 

Re: Sephora.com Site Issues

The reward page won't upload for me. I am unable to see all the point perks.

Thanks for the update! I've been having trouble on almost all my browsers/devices even after updating and clearing cache/cookies. It makes me happy though knowing it's getting worked on! 

Would one of the things you guys are working on happen to be the issue of the Play! area not being updated? It still says the current box is February and when I click on the March page it is blank, nothing at all. 😮 

Not sure if this is related, but I'm signed in on the website and the app, and it's telling me I'm not a Beauty Insider.. But I'm already signed into my account (as you can see, since I'm posting...) so it won't let me redeem rewards or anything. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm having the same issues. 

Thanks! Websight works nicely on firefox but terribly on safari

Thanks so much for the update @KatieBT That's great news, as I've only been able to make purchases on the app (not the website).

Thanks for the update, I'm glad the issues are being worked on! I keep getting logged off and it is a pain to keep logging back in all the time.

Thank you so much for the update! @KatieBT 😘😘😘

Thank you for the update @KatieBT I'm on Safari (iPad) and I've cleared cookies and history several times. I'm still having the 404 issue on some pages. Seems to happen when I search a specific brand. Just wanted to give you an idea of where there might be a problem. Thanks again for updating us, it's appreciated!! ❤

Thank you for the update @KatieBT.

I've seen the issues being fixed, for example, I'm no longer getting the Bad Request error when trying to log into BT.  🙌

Unbelievable this hasn't been fixed yet. It has been over a week now. It doesn't work using safari. We shouldn't have to keep clearing cookies. Changing browsers. Disaster

Thank you for the update @KatieBT

@KatieBT, Thank you for letting us know.  🙂

Thanks Katie! This will be helpful.  I've had to make my orders through the app and through ebates for anything to work properly since the website is going bonkers.  I do also hope that the sign in issues with BT will be fixed quickly! 

Thanks for the update @KatieBT 😃

Are you working on fixing sign-in issues?  In the past we could sign in once, and check the "stay signed in" box and could close the browser, then reopen later, and we would still be signed in. This is a good feature as it is a pain to have to sign in every. single. time. we want to look at the Sephora.com or BT site. Lately I've been having a hard time staying signed in, even without closing the tab, if I look at another tab, the site can sign me out and I have to sign in all over again (didn't close browser, just looked at other tab).

@KatieBT - First and foremost, thank you for the update!

Today, I clicked on a link via a Sephora e-mail.  It took me to the page.  When I got to the bottom and clicked on page 2, the website dimmed out.  I waited a while and then clicked the refresh icon on my (Windows 10) laptop, I then got a 404 error.  I tried getting back to page 1 via the e-mail, but it took me to what looks like a mobile menu not related to what the link goes to. I closed the e-mail and tried again getting the same result.

I've had this problem when more than one page of items shows.  If changing the "results" to alpha by brand or cost low to high or high to low, or requesting all items on one page, the page will dim and clicking the refresh icon will produce the mobile-looking menu or a 404 page. 

I am using the current version of Google Chrome (for Windows 10) and I cleared my cache, cookies, history, and download files.  It has reduced the number of 404 errors, but clearing those files will increase your computer's performance regardless.

Anonymous Insider

I am super frustrated with the site!! I literally just bought a brand new 27" iMac which uses Safari. I am on the Sephora site multiple times a day. However, the past few days its been almost unusable for me. Every time I try to select an item to look at or purchase I get the 400 error screen or something else. Its beyond annoying - not to mention the sales I am sure that have been lost!! I don't understand what is taking so long for these issues to be fixed!!

Anonymous Insider

Today is by far worse than any other day I've experienced with this new site. I have been trying to place an order all day from my laptop and the site keeps kicking me over to what looks a mobile site and then it gives me an error message and won't even let me see my cart any longer. I need to place an order that I need by Friday for an item that is not stocked in my local stores but am unable too. This is extremely frustrating. Nothing has worked to fix the issue on my end like clearing cache/cookies etc... I JUST WANT TO PLACE AN ORDER PLEASE.....ugh

Thanks so much for the update. There is another problem I'd like to make you guys aware of. I've reported it before but its been a few months and it hasn't been fixed. Your website on mobile devices does not let you sign in. It sends you into an infinity loop of sign in pages. Even when signed in on the app the mobile browser does not recognize it and sends you back to sign in page. Tried using different sign in links and all of them sent me into the sign in loop. (Beauty talk page, homepage, links from product/brand pages). 

I'm using a samsung s7 with the native browser newly updated. I'm currently using Android 7 (nougat). 

testing