cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Sephora Virtual Artist Is Here!

Happy Friday, BeautyTalk!

Sephora has a very exciting launch you may have gotten a sneak peek of on our Snapstory the other day: Sephora Virtual Artist! 

In case you haven't heard, Sephora Virtual Artist just launched and allows you to try on, no joke, THOUSANDS of lip shades from anywhere. It's super easy to use and pretty addicting once you start swatching because you can compare multiple shades and even share your favorites. Best part is you're trying on TONS of shades without having to clean off all the pigment in between swatches 🙂

Sephora Virtual Artist_V2.jpg

Here's how to use Sephora Virtual Artist:

• Step 1: Head to our app and scroll to the bottom or head to http://www.sephoravirtualartist.com/
  • Step 2: If you're on the site you'll need to take or upload a photo (well-lit and high res is best!) and confirm where your lips are outlined.
  • Step 3: Start playing around! You can pick from lipsticks and glosses, filter your preferences, try on according to shade family.
  • Step 4: Compare! You can compare four shades at once. 
  • Step 5: Share! Once you've picked 4 lip colors you can save the image, share it with friends or upload to your social media accounts (Instagram for the app and Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and email from the site). 

Oh and, of course, feel free to share your favorite lip shades here on BeautyTalk. You wouldn't buy a lipstick without asking your community first if it looked fierce, right? Didn't think so 😉

Spoiler

EDIT 7/14/2016: We have an exciting announcement about Sephora Virtual Artist! You can now try on lip shades through Messenger!

iPhone Chat Bot.png 

Here's how to use Sephora Virtual Artist from Messenger:

• Step 1: Open Messenger
  • Step 2: Search for ‘Sephora Virtual Artist’ within Messenger or type in me/sephoravirtualartist to access via the short link
  • Step 3: Start chatting! Send the bot any lip brand, shade or color to start.
  • Step 4: Browse lip products 
  • Step 5: Shop or send a selfie to see what the lip shades look like on
  • Step 6: Download the image to share with friends

Fun Tid Bits/Hacks:

• Type in 'Surprise Me' and the bot will send back a random lip shade 
  • Type in the lipstick emoji and the bot will send back lipstick results
  • Type in ‘New' to see new products
  • Send a new selfie at any time to see what the lip shades look like on a different person or photo! 

Re: Sephora Virtual Artist Is Here!

I tried it out last night and it turned into hours of fun (I'm ashamed to say).

Is there a way to look up certain brands and shades? Besides just clicking the colors hoping to find the brand and shade you are looking for?

Yes... where it says "See All Products" you should be able to see a little circle on the side with an arrow inside it... click that little circle and a drop-down lets you filter results... good luck 🙂

Wow am I blind, thank you!

This is a great tool. I uploaded my pic and it was fun to play with different shades. I noticed that some of my favorites didn’t look to well on me. And some I would never would considered look gorgeous on.

Well, I love this. It works beautifully.  So many lipsticks to try in the store now! Some I would never have considered.

However, the first thing I did was find my go-to lipsticks.  The ones I own, love and wear the most and see how they looked virtually.

They didn't look that great, kinda pale and unflattering, although they have better colour in real life.

Anyone else find this to be true?

I absolutely love this tool.  It's more fun than playing paper dolls when I was young.

Are there some technical limitations to this feature that aren't being disclosed?? Just like the pocket contour feature, this one won't access the camera or gallery to upload pictures on my Android device. 😒

Not working on mine either.  It probably only works for iDrones, a lot of features are like that.  Cheap always wins with Sephora and apps are cheaper to develop on apple products.

Anonymous Insider

Hi @HoneyBrownBunny, sorry to hear it's not working for you. You should be able to use the web version at sephora.com/virtualartist Let me know if you have any luck or find any great shades!

same thing is happening to me 😞 

Spoiler

Anonymous Insider

Hi @marielgc10, you should be able to use the web version at sephora.com/virualartist Sorry to hear it wasn't working for you!

I noticed it yesterday and it is really fun. I spent good 15 minutes trying every single Color on myself.

@Katie, Do you by any chance know what is the Color and product used in upper right corner picture. 

image.jpeg

I know it's addicting isn't it?!

Trying to hunt down that lip shade... I'll let you know if I have any luck 🙂 

Thanks Katie! I'll buy it in a heartbeat .

I love this shade!

Anonymous Insider

Me Too! Can you share what it is? Reminds me of a plum color of which usu. always look nice on me, most wear plums well I would think.  

Maybe I should know already?  I am new so forgive me if I seem clueless at times.  This is maybe my 4th post here.  I feel a bit shy, suppose I will for awhile. 

I was trying to mess with it last night. I was wondering if the pic should be one sans lip product, or doesn't it matter? In all my selfies I have lip color on.

I would go without any lip product just to make sure it doesn't affect the color!

@KatieBT - Is the picture just of your lips or is it a head shot?  Yea, trying lipstick on a close-up of your lips can help, but you've got to see your entire face to really know if it's right (or wrong).  At least I do!

Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 25 Hearts Given
  • 17 Contributors
Photos5
  • Sephora Virtual Artist_V2.jpg
  • IMG_0995.JPG
  • IMG_0995.JPG
  • image.jpeg
  • iPhone Chat Bot.png
testing