iknowitstoday

Reviews I want something MORE

I find reviews are often lacking I want to know:

What color or sent you purchased

How much you paid for it (was it on sale did you pay full price?) It was'nt worth the money doesn't cut it.

How long you used it (did its novelty wear off)

Anyone else want something more from some of the reviews?

AmelieLandry

Re: Reviews I want something MORE

(0) Hearts

I like to know longevity, skin reactions (if any), value (like is the size right for the price), was it easy to apply, how did you use it in the first place, and what skintones and undertones would look best with the product.

pastelflower

I want people to give an adequate trial period. I've seen so many reviews that say, "I used this for one day...," and I wonder if they're meant to be serious reviews. I think anyone that's seriously interested in beauty products should know that some things need a longer trial or should be tried in different ways.

I also want a reviewer to be a Beauty Insider+ and I wouldn't mind if Sephora had a little "Verified Buyer" logo like on Amazon. Some products have PAGES of reviews where not one person is registered with Sephora and then there are reviews like the one on the Smashbox BB set page where someone claimed to have used it on their turtle. XD

kenny

(0) Hearts

The other day I was reading a review of tarte's Golden Opportunity To-Go Kit. With travelsize Park Ave Princess Bronzer and Marajuca Self Tanner. The reviewer disliked the park ave bronzer, then mentioned they didn't even bother to try the "liquid bronzer" (their words, although it is a self-tanner not bronzer).

Even if you disliked the one product, you shouldn't review the whole set if you didn't actually try the whole set.

lylysa

*I'll just leave this here*swfupload_1812912241453034492.gif

Did anyone else think of this scene when you read the title of this thread???

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

hahaha yup! 

AmelieLandry

"Look at this stuff, isn't it neat/wouldn't you say my collection's complete?"

NOPE

DrWould

What what what I had no idea we could link GIFs! swfupload_3388733445658690794.gif

nebel

GIF party!swfupload_8482180990305265812.gif

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

i think i just got a bit of a fangirl crush on you for this :smileywink: 

love love love love! 

roxystar4

yes!

DrWould

The one thing that irritates me the most about reviews is people never write what color they got. They just say "I hated the color" or even if they liked it, they'll just say "I liked the color".... Tell us which color it is!!! 

I also don't like when people just dislike the color they bought and give the whole product one star, even if the product itself is good. 

nebel

Exactly! What looks great on me (pale, cool toned skin with purple hair) will look terrible on someone else!  Like, oh, I'm sorry you bought a color that doesn't work on you, how is that the product's fault?

Same thing with perfume.  People will give perfumes one star because "I didn't like the scent"   not helpful!!!  Talk about fragrance notes or staying power or packaging, but personal subjective preference isn't useful in a review!

DrWould

I know! I was reading reviews for a lipstick and rather than saying it was moisturizing/drying or how long it lasts, it was all about how people didn't like their unnamed color. So frustrating! 

Peoples' reviews should have to be approved by us at BT :smileytongue: 

jellybean917

If Sephora doesn't want to add more boxes, they could at least give suggestions for what to put in the reviews.

I don't understand how people can just say "OMG I LOVE THIS" or "This is the worst product ever!!!11" and call that a review. That's a conclusion. The review is supposed to be an evaluation. I'd hate it if my work evaluation was "This employee does not work." Uh, can you tell me more?!

violalea

(0) Hearts

haha its funny :smileyhappy:.

lolo01

[ Edited ]

Lmao..."This employee doesnt work... that's hilarious. ." She spends all her time on Beauty Talk.. lol

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Oh i HATE reading reviews. Never enough information, especially skincare reviews, something that's meant to be used to weeks before seeing results, people write reviews after like 3 days saying it didn't do anything. And the ones the one that say HORRIBLE product, didn't work, no results, Well uhm how exactly were they using it? They could be using it once a day every couple of days, when it's meant to be used everyday twice a day or something, well no wonder they didn't like it. And with makeup products i like to include a swatch of it, especially lipsticks! And i say how i apply. 

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

Well i dont know if it matters to me how much they paid for it, but I would like to know what color or scent because Sephora compiles all the reviews together no matter the color or anything for the same product!

But i agree with the how long you use it! and how did you use it!

DTalksAll

It would be great if they had a little pre-made box/check list; Date purchased (items are often reformulated/packaged), Color/Shade/Scent, Pros, Cons, Final words. 

I HATE when people review a skin care item that they've only had for few days saying it doesn't work. Or they thought it was supposed to do something else, didn't read the description so gave it a 1 star. 

DTalksAll

Or they give it 5 stars. "I haven't received the product yet, but heard really great things about it. I'm soooooo excited to try it! Must be worth 5 stars!" 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 45 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • malday
    • lylysa
    • roxystar4