Review not being posted

Who else has posted a review on a product that they didn't really like and it never got posted?  I submitted 2 reviews regarding Bobbi Browns gel liner at 2 different times and I have not seen my review posted or on my beauty profile.  I gave it 3 stars.  I posted another review after for a different product and that one got posted.  I find it odd.

Re: Review not being posted

Thanks Lylsa - but there is no drop down box to choose a board. And I've been trying for days :-(

(0) Hearts

Have you tried a different browser or contacting a mod? I'm hoping it's just a glitch!

(0) Hearts

I'm trying to start a new conversation but it's saying a have to choose a board before it posts...but I don't see where to choose a board...there is no option for that. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

<3

B

(0) Hearts

Near the bottom right underneath the text/body box near the red "Post" button is an area with a drop down menu of the boards you can categorize your conversation in, if that doesn't appear you might try using a different browser, I know Beauty Talk can look differently depending on the browser (there was a thread about this) and certain kinks are still being worked out. Maybe it's even a system glitch if that doesn't appear.

(0) Hearts

I've recently tried to post a review 3 different times for the same product.  The first one disapeared and the other 2 were never posted. The thing is it was a good review for the product, 5 stars.  I don't think I mentioned any other products or anything like that so I don't know what happened. Oh well, I guess I'll keep trying as I LOVE the product.

That has happened to me several times especially when I compare another brand with the product, but I'll notice that other reviewers do that without a problem. I honestly think sometimes it's because Sephora just switched over to a new platform, where you have to empty the cache on your browser. I don't think it's a rating thing because I have posted 3 stars or lower reviews before without a problem.

I posted a one star review a while ago.  I think it's the website, I would bet some good ones get inadvertently deleted too.

It's not the rating system -- I've definitely posted one-star reviews that have posted -- but Sephora does have guidelines for reviews. I noticed a few of my own were not posting, and I believe it's because (before I read the guidelines), I was referencing other products in them just as a comparison (seems logical to me). You can't mention other products, or non-Sephora products. I remember comparing something to Neutrogena (that one didn't post) -- and even when I compared a Dior mascara to Too Faced Lash Injection (both Sephora products), I don't think that posted, either. I think they want to keep the reviews based on the product itself, not a comparison or a promotion of something else.

Hi everyone,

We definitely love to hear (and see!) all of your feedback on the products you've tried.   As a few have mentioned, there are a few guidelines that the reviews need to follow in order for them to be posted.  If you have some concerns about a review that you think might have been removed, I suggest taking a look and reviewing the policy here> http://bit.ly/MDVXBy.  Good or bad, we love to hear it all Smiley Happy 

xo, Mia

I've noticed that my reviews won't post if there is a link to another website or if I refer to a different store tmakeup similar to Sephora.  Otherwise, even my reviews that are given a poor rating have been posted in the comments section.

That happens to me sometimes too.  I typically will post several reviews at once and sometimes a few of them will get posted almost immediately and others not until the next day or never.  Often if I go back and rewrite a not-so-great review to "soften" it, it will get posted the second time around.  I don't know if the system automatically flags certain words or what (I never simply bash a product or use fowl language) but I've never had that issue with glowing reviews so I'm thinking it's got to have something to do with wording.

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 10 in conversation