sportygirly

Review not being posted

Who else has posted a review on a product that they didn't really like and it never got posted?  I submitted 2 reviews regarding Bobbi Browns gel liner at 2 different times and I have not seen my review posted or on my beauty profile.  I gave it 3 stars.  I posted another review after for a different product and that one got posted.  I find it odd.

brennab

Re: Review not being posted

Thanks Lylsa - but there is no drop down box to choose a board. And I've been trying for days :-(

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Have you tried a different browser or contacting a mod? I'm hoping it's just a glitch!

brennab

(0) Hearts

I'm trying to start a new conversation but it's saying a have to choose a board before it posts...but I don't see where to choose a board...there is no option for that. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

<3

B

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Near the bottom right underneath the text/body box near the red "Post" button is an area with a drop down menu of the boards you can categorize your conversation in, if that doesn't appear you might try using a different browser, I know Beauty Talk can look differently depending on the browser (there was a thread about this) and certain kinks are still being worked out. Maybe it's even a system glitch if that doesn't appear.

catherineu2

(0) Hearts

I've recently tried to post a review 3 different times for the same product.  The first one disapeared and the other 2 were never posted. The thing is it was a good review for the product, 5 stars.  I don't think I mentioned any other products or anything like that so I don't know what happened. Oh well, I guess I'll keep trying as I LOVE the product.

cherrybombtastic

That has happened to me several times especially when I compare another brand with the product, but I'll notice that other reviewers do that without a problem. I honestly think sometimes it's because Sephora just switched over to a new platform, where you have to empty the cache on your browser. I don't think it's a rating thing because I have posted 3 stars or lower reviews before without a problem.

anaa

I posted a one star review a while ago.  I think it's the website, I would bet some good ones get inadvertently deleted too.

katie1724

It's not the rating system -- I've definitely posted one-star reviews that have posted -- but Sephora does have guidelines for reviews. I noticed a few of my own were not posting, and I believe it's because (before I read the guidelines), I was referencing other products in them just as a comparison (seems logical to me). You can't mention other products, or non-Sephora products. I remember comparing something to Neutrogena (that one didn't post) -- and even when I compared a Dior mascara to Too Faced Lash Injection (both Sephora products), I don't think that posted, either. I think they want to keep the reviews based on the product itself, not a comparison or a promotion of something else.

btmod1

Hi everyone,

We definitely love to hear (and see!) all of your feedback on the products you've tried.   As a few have mentioned, there are a few guidelines that the reviews need to follow in order for them to be posted.  If you have some concerns about a review that you think might have been removed, I suggest taking a look and reviewing the policy here> http://bit.ly/MDVXBy.  Good or bad, we love to hear it all :smileyhappy: 

xo, Mia

makeupobesessed

I've noticed that my reviews won't post if there is a link to another website or if I refer to a different store tmakeup similar to Sephora.  Otherwise, even my reviews that are given a poor rating have been posted in the comments section.

kalex

That happens to me sometimes too.  I typically will post several reviews at once and sometimes a few of them will get posted almost immediately and others not until the next day or never.  Often if I go back and rewrite a not-so-great review to "soften" it, it will get posted the second time around.  I don't know if the system automatically flags certain words or what (I never simply bash a product or use fowl language) but I've never had that issue with glowing reviews so I'm thinking it's got to have something to do with wording.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • btmod1
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • cherrybombtastic
    • anaa
    • lylysa