lilyyy

Please combine online orders!

[ Edited ]

photo.JPG

(typical day for my online shopping household)

Since joining the Flash Shipping program, I have been treating it like my Amazon Prime account--ordering non-stop, sometimes multiple orders a day.

I am very happy with the program except for one worrying issue. I had read on Beauty Talk about accounts getting flagged for too many orders. (This is odd in itself because the BI program advertises for beauty "addicts.)

I'm sure that multiple shipments are costly to Sephora and honestly, it is more annoying to receive 8 boxes rather than one. Amazon combines orders when possible and ships them together. I hope that Sephora would implement this system soon to save themselves, money and me, time.

insertcornyname

Re: Please combine online orders!

I understand that Sephora incurs a cost whenever we get a load shipped to us. However, we do that because we're not allowed to stack codes.

Rather than penalizing the customer for a perk that they're entitled to, why don't they just add a limit to the # of codes you can stack (i.e. 3 per customer) or guarantee extra freebies for Sephora Rouge members so that we don't do that? If they flag their most valuable customers it's basically driving them away. That part......I don't really get.

shapeshifter

(0) Hearts

OMG, I started using UPS MyChoice just so I can have all my online shopping boxes sent to the UPS store near my house instead of having 10 boxes waiting on the lawn every other week!

vanillammm

[ Edited ]

I absolutely agree that with the addition of the free shipping benefit for Rougies Sephora needs to revamp their shipping process internally. Combining multiple orders from a single client would save them money on packing materials, shipping costs, and it would help improve their carbon footprint.

All of those issues are things that Sephora should care about improving upon.

jaimelove

and i honestly don't mind it taking a little bit longer for the packages to ship if they start implementing this. because usually i'll place 3 orders in a day, and maybe a couple of stragglers throughout the month if there are good samples. if people place multiple orders in one day it shouldn't be that difficult to combine them. i understand that sometimes things are sent from different warehouses so those items wouldn't be able to ship together (if, say, something was out of stock in one warehouse but not the other), but many times my boxes are all shipped from the same place. i don't know that anyone else would mind giving up the 2 day shipping while they worked out the kinks, if it meant less garbage for them to deal with and less waste, not to mention less humiliation when their ups guy walks up to their door with a million boxes for them :smileywink: (i know, at least in my case, vib week was pretty embarrassing! haha) 

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

i was surprised to find that they DIDN"T combine orders, since i am so used to amazon prime. i agree, it seems costly and wasteful, and i too hope that they implement that soon. 

jojobe

If Sephora would allow us to stack codes for each 25.00 spent, then I think that would eliminate a lot of problems with the small orders for the most part- or if you are vib you get 2 codes vib rouge 3 codes max- that i think is the main point Sephora keeps missing on. I shop other companies because i don't need codes or can stack them to get more for my money. I should not have to pick between a fragrance GWP code i can get without the code at any other site - Just saying

lilyyy

I don't like that the fragrance GWP is a code. On beauty.com it gets automatically added to your cart so you are still allowed to use another code... and therefore, won't be tempted to split up orders,

shinybananas

(0) Hearts

I agree.  From an environmental and business standpoint, I think they should just let people stack promos.  It's evident that people are doing this in order to qualify multiple times for special offers.  Just let the people have at it!  Personally, I don't do it, but I can see why others do.

lilyyy

I think it is your right to split it up--it shouldn't really matter at all. However, this is a problem with how Sephora processes their orders and how their system works. The Amazon Prime system obviously is still able to ship quickly and combine orders coming from the same account.

jellybean917

If I'm planning on buying 4-$25 items, I'm going to split it up to get 4 promos and 12 samples instead of 1 order with 1 promo and 3 samples.

It'd be a great idea to stack promos, and even samples too. If there are good samples, I'm more determined to place more small orders to get more of them. If the samples are really bad, I don't even order.

lilyyy

(0) Hearts

I vote that VIB Rouges get 2 promo codes per order! (even with a minimum purchase is fine with me)

annonymous1

I agree with you so much, like i ordered a sharpener and a single eyeshadow and a palette in one day, they could have easily placed these things in one box but instead they sent 3 small boxes making it look like i bought way more then i did, i have no idea why someone would flag your account for using the either flash or vib rouge free shipping too much, they offered it to us for free as a perk...

misscg

My thoughts exactly. But the problem with sephora shipping multiple orders in the same box is that each order is handled and boxed at a different time. I can place 3 orders within minutes of each other and at least one won't get processed until a day after the others. There should some type of profile that shows when someone has multiple orders placed so everything can be boxed together.

garnett

Postage and shipping costs are high, even for a big company like Sephora.  If people continue to place teeny tiny orders in order to get more free samples I would expect Sephora to discontinue free shipping without a minimum purchase. I am not trying to be the voice of doom-just looking at that the big picture.

lilyyy

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Why don't they just put a minimum purchase for the samples? The dinky samples are a like to have, not a need to have for me.

misscg

It depends on which is more profitable for sephora. With customers places multiple orders, even for $1, if shipping is free for the customer then we will likely spend more money and impulse shop online. I've spent way more money than I intend to because as soon as I get the urge to buy something i can without having to budget in $6 for shipping. On the other hand how much does shipping actually cost For sephora? Without the free shipping option many consumers may talk themselves out of ordering stuff because they either have to spend $50 at one time and get one promo code or spend $12 just to get 2 promo codes. I rarely ordered online before because of this dilemma and spending $50 was more than I was willing to spend so I'd wait to shop in store or get it somewhere else with better perks. Now I'm spending more than the $50 I didn't want to spend initially because whatever I want I can have, no dilemma besides all the boxes and weird looks from my ups man and husband.

Also, I do think this little cohort of us only may not be representative of all sephora customers who are rouge or have flash shipping. We may place more orders than the average customers since we're already online and on sephora constantly.

ghkim

i don't know, with places like nordstrom and neimans/bergdorf offering free shipping and returns, i think sephora has to do so as well in order to compete, particularly for its rouge members.

mommyto4

(0) Hearts

My thoughts exactly!

kalex

I love Amazon.  From a "save the planet" point of view, following in their packaging footsteps this would be beneficial as well.  Sephora is ridiculous in terms of packaging.  A shoe box sized box for a tube of mascara and sample packets is beyond wasteful and unnecessary.

warriorwitch

If Sephora would invest in having a better range of packaging options their shipping wouldn't cost so much. I understand that makeup and other delicate items shouldn't be jostled in transit too much but there is no reason to pack 6" x 6" eye shadow palette in a box big enough to fit Mr. Husband's size 18EEEE work boots in. I know that its possible to send fragile objects in tiny boxes without them being damaged. I get my perfume oils in boxes similar in size to a single serve cereal box and none of the glass bottles get broken. It requires less padding/packaging because there isn't as much room for them to roll around. If Sephora feels the need to revamp their shipping program they need to start in the warehouse.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 44 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • kalex
    • misscg
    • jojobe
    • annonymous1
    • lilyyy
    • mommyto4