Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

This should probably go on the Trade thread but I'll ask here, just in case....if anyone wants to trade their KVD lippie KDub for Lovesick, lemmi know Cat LOL  I already have Lovesick in my collection of KVD minis.  

[ Edited ]

@ZombieMetroAnt PM me. I have it and it can be yours!

OMG @jozkid I'm so excited! I'm doing a jiggy....

funny-dance-dancing-animated-gif-image-5.gif

Heart thank you!  

She's stealing my moves!

MSA Spoilers for the Iconic Bag 

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 5.53.29 PM.png

Looks good! My only complaint is that the original play is supposed to be non exclusive - it'd be nice if they included from these brands occasionally too, which I never see.

[ Edited ]

So I received my Play box today (#075) and I am actually really happy with it!  It has actually been possibly my favorite box that I've received so far.

I received the KVD in lovesick (the shade I wanted) and I'm happy with the color and will wear it.

I love the scent of the setting mist and I love that it has SPF in it.  It'll go in my travel bag and I'm happy with it.

I did receive the POREfessional primer and while I don't love this item I will use it and it's functional for me.

I am thrilled with the hair care samples that I received!

I have not yet tried the Madam CJ Walker Curl Whip or the DevaCurl super cream and am excited to have both to try now.  I am super impressed with the sizes of both of these samples.  I'm also really happy that Sephora listened to my play profile and sent me items for curly hair instead of just dry shampoo or something lol.

I was pretty disappointed in the Rahua hair mask I received a month or two ago, not because I didn't like the product, but because I have extremely thick massive coarse curly hair and I need a lot of product.  I'm glad that's not an issue for me this month.

I really like the Bright Crystal scent although it isn't my favorite, I will wear it and I am happy to have it. Smiley Happy

MSA spoilers posted for #075 + #091 (top to bottom) 

Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 6.16.15 PM.png

[ Edited ]

Didn't we JUST get that Porefessional in one of the last boxes?! WTH?  I'm sick of getting their left over stock.

Same with that Versace Bright Crystal, ugh

Edit: Thanks for posting @xcicee

No problem! I always stalk to see what I'm getting as soon as possible xD 

I hate tinted stuff too but the BB don't blow it is something I want to try! People posted here that it's really nice for air-dried hair. 

[ Edited ]

Wow my box is horrible. 91. I only like the lipstick and perfume. I have hardly any hair and it certainly isn't curly. And I hate tinted stuff, especially tinted to dark. Smiley Sad boo. 

My play box # 67 Full Spoiler

19114772_10154817954008719_135709398_n.jpg

KVD Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lovesick

Verb Sea Spray

Klorane Dry Shampoo

Coola Makeup Setting Spray

Benefit Cosmetics POREfessional

Versace Bright Crystal

(0) Hearts

Yay I have this box and I'm happy with it. Not psyched about the porefessional + Coola (can't use the coola, have DS porefessional already) but I like the other items.

I was hoping for the Lovesick shade and I heard the Klorane is a good dry shampoo so I had been wanting to try both Smiley Happy 

Did we post box #042 yet?

im pretty happy with it. I reluctantly looked because I always like to be surprised lol. The only kings im disappoints about is porefessional and the fragrance.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Screenshot_20170611-173422.png

I'm getting 42.. and have mixed emotions.

I strongly dislike IGK products.  They are overpriced, and don't work.  The last time I was at the beauty supply the girl was saying how they can't clear it from their shelves, even on clearance.  Even at 75% off retail price, pros aren't buying it.  

Perfume is a bust.  But scents are personal preference.  I wish there was an option in the quiz to state what type of fragrances each person prefer.  But I also have my own conspiracy theories about Big Perfume.

I absolutely detest FAB products, and this is not a product for acne sufferers.  Coconut causes breakouts.  'Nuff said.  

I'm not going to address Porefessional other than it's a lazy addition to the box.

The hair oil will be interesting.  I love the smell of roses but rose breaks me out.  I'll have to be careful how I apply it, but I'd like to make it work.  Maybe leg oil?  But with summer coming up and bees outside, I don't want to be swarmed by bees.

I'm happy for the KVD.  Bright colors are happily accepted, I think it'll pair nicely with the UD lipstick from a recent box.

I'll keep Play! through August, at least, because summer products are my fave, but I don't know how much longer I'm keeping it.  Boxes are way to disappointing to spend $10 (+tax) on deluxe samples I just give away unopened.

There is a rouge exclusive luxury box available in the app. Double the price of normal boxes and 4 deluxe samples and 2 perfume. IMG_3616.PNGIMG_3617.PNG

[ Edited ]

I almost bought this as an impulse buy, but I held off. I'm still debating. I feel like I'm going to be very disappointed for the $20, but I'm tempted. The 2 Perfume samples really turn me off.

I doubt they will. but i really hope they make this available to non-rouge too. la mer, yves saint laurent, i'm incredibly envious haha. I'd buy it in a second if i could

but like last month, i got 2 dior fragrance samples with my purchase. So, I wonder if some of these are leftovers

Any thoughts on what the products might be? My guess is recycled promos or perks...

*the La Mer skin cream sample from a few months ago

*YSL mascara or lipstick

*Burberry bronzer or nude lipstick

and the 2 fragrance samples: will it be deluxe or just a vial? I'm thinking vial if it's Tom Ford

im tempted, but think I'll wait to see what comes out

Please not that brown lipstick I just got as a promo 😂😭 not my color

The description says 6 deluxe samples.