Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Yes. I used mine at sijcp. The girl at counter didn't know how to do it but then the manager stepped in and taught her how to do it and what it was. 

The girl said she was jealous about the extra points and play subscription. 😜

(0) Hearts

Well that's upsetting. I had a SIJCP associate tell me they simply could not do it. Smiley Sad

(0) Hearts

I used mine the weekend that I received mine, luckily a SIJCP associate is subscribed to Sephora Play and everyone in the store knew how to do it. Perhaps I was lucky.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi ladies! Glad you are all enjoying your PLAY! boxes.

For all of you who have received a box, don't forget to RSVP for an upcoming PLAY! date in Houston, Boston, Dallas and Cincinnati on Thursday, October 8th. PLAY! dates give you the chance to hang out with fellow subscribers and Sephora's beauty experts to share tips and tricks for getting the most out of your PLAY! box.

Visit this link for more information to and RSVP: http://playbysephora-september2015.splashthat.com/

We're excited to meet you!

play date.jpg

Did anyone else have issues with the MJ liner? Mine seems dry, patchy, and flaking off in little chunks when I try to apply it. Any tips on how to make it work?

(0) Hearts

Same, it was unusable for me. 

(0) Hearts

I have the same problem too. It tugs on my eyelid every time I try to use it. I just given up on trying to make it work. 

(0) Hearts

Mine was fine, as was my recently purchased Highliners set.  However, I noticed MJ Highliners are not currently available on the site.  Initially, I thought they were so popular they sold out, but then I read another post that there was a bad batch that was too dry/crumbly so they were pulled.  Anyone know if this is correct?

Interesting.  It seems like if that is the case you wouldn't want them in the box because it risks the chance you send people defective product and it makes it impossible to buy the full size for those who like it.

[ Edited ]

Sharpen it. The formula underneath may not be as dry. I know there are sharpeners inside the bigger ones, but I am unsure there are any in the small ones.

Thanks! Had to shave off quite a lot but works better now.

I'm super impressed with the box. I'm not in their test areas so I was excited when I got invited. I love that's it's common brands, not the random brands ipsy usually finds. 

Was anyone else curious as to how much this box technically came out to, price-wise? I did a little bit of math and here was the breakdown I got: (we're also considering the fact that the fragrance sample was a freebie)

BB Hairdresser Invisible Oil: 1 oz = 4.50

Sephora Rouge Infusion in Peony: 0.068 fl oz/2mL = 6.26

Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation: 0.25 fl oz = 7.00

Glamglow Supercleanse Daily Clearing Cleanser: 1 oz = 14.00 (whoa)

Marc Jacobs Highliner: 0.37g (full size is apparently 0.5g?!) = 18.50 (??)

Total = 50.26

I'm not sure if I want to believe this. Someone help me out here.

(0) Hearts

Seems like a great value and will probably continue to be a pretty great value considering the products/brands Sephora stocks.

I got my box at the beginning of the week and I am super excited. 

As a total Sephora addict, I already have all of these products (in fact, I believe the Peony Lip Stain came in the recent Rouge event bag?), but am super excited anyway! 

I think the quality of this month's Play box far surpasses the quality of products in my other subs (Marc Jacobs?  Yes, please!), so I am quite happy!

I also noticed that the MJ Highliners are totally out of stock on the site now!  Guess the Play strategy worked well!  I am glad I snagged the LE set a few weeks ago!  Smiley Happy

IMG_1013.JPG

[ Edited ]

UPDATED: 28 Sept

Edited comment, because my box has arrived!!! Smiley Very Happy 

According to the tracking information it is still in nowhere land, but regardless of the tracking info it made it to my door. 

Supposedly, Amazon is using US Postal Service.  They are swamped!!!  At least my local post office is as this just started not too long ago.  US Post Office did not hire more people, but instead staff is working late into the  night.

This is info straight from my US Post Office when I had problems getting my last  4 packages on-time or at all if I did not go looking for them.  Get this.  All they had to do was put them in my PO Box. Still my 2 Day Priority Mail was not in my box after 2+  more days. More annoying is that their website never updates so you cannot track your package.

This gives me the sads because before Amazon hijacked the Post Office this summer my local branch was A+!!!!!

Sephora shipping is the best! Flash shipping, regular shipping all because they use UPS!  This sub box should stay UPS....never ever......US Post Office.  

Or, that crap that 

Ulta does. Half UPS and then US Post Office. Nothing is MORE annoying than this shipping option. This is why we get our packages in 14 days! 

That's what this Sephora box did; UPS at first and transferred to the USPS. No tracking worked after it got to USPS. Definitely not my favorite form of shipping, but it could be worse I guess?

Smiley Sad  I hope they find it for you, soon!

UPS has completely lost my packages a few times, including a rush Amazon order with goodie bag stuff for my daughter's b-day party last year.  We keep joking that it will turn up at our house when we least expect it.

That's super bizarre.  I get a lot of stuff through Amazon and they do something similar with both UPS and Fedex.  Same with the packages I get from Julep.  Usually it's pretty reliable but when it's bad, it's bad.  I had a situation with Fedex & USPS where I was given completely different answers and no one wanted to be accountable.  Also had an issue recently where I tried UPS Access Point for the first time.  Never again.  Someone else's package from a completely different store with a completely different tracking # was in my box while my package was MIA.  They finally located it but then it got sent back to Sephora rather than to me even though it was 100% UPS's error and my address was 100% right.  And wouldn't you know it, it was a Bite LE lipstick.  Sigh.  I can relate to your frustration.  So much time wasted on hold and talking to different people.  Hang in there!

(0) Hearts

thanks!