Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

I've been subscribed to Play! for a year now, and this has to be the worst box so far. We seem to get primers every box, and this one I've gotten so many times I'm just giving it away now. I do like the eyeliner and the fragrance this month.

If I can make a suggestion: Please don't add primers every month.

So I received my box today (#591) and for the most part I'm happy / okay.  This hasn't been my favorite box, but it's not terrible for me. 

The biggest thing that I am actually pretty upset about (like another bt-er mentioned in a comment previously) is that the 50 extra points play pass has to be used by the end of this month.  I think that's crazy!  I just got it today meaning that I only have 13 days to go into store to use this pass.  There are no Sephora stores in my town.  I live 45 min to the closest one.

I'm really hoping this is just a slip up this month or something, because if it's not then I'll have to consider canceling.  It'll really bum me out not getting to earn my extra points every month but there's no way I can always make it to Sephora in that time frame......now if they would let you redeem the passes online that would be amazing!

It seems like it might be a typo/something that wasn't corrected when updating the card from March - I just checked and it is the same exact text from the back of the March card. Wonder if a Mod can confirm this? @KatieBT @candacebt

@KatieKabam @CaityLaine hi there! You should be able to use the pass until the end of May. There may have been a typo and I'll be sure to forward this. Smiley Happy 

XOXO,
Marieke

you're the best @KatieKabam Smiley Happy
I didn't even think of comparing last months to this months.  I really hope they haven't switched to this strategy and it is just a typo.   I hope you're right and thanks for tagging them Smiley Happy 

aww shucks @CaityLaine!

They've mentioned in the past that they know the boxes come in a varying time frame for everyone, which is why they allow extra time to redeem the card, so I really can't see them now deciding it's in everyone's best interest to shorten that window. Fingers crossed until we can get confirmation!

I try to be optimistic when it comes to the Play! boxes and I don't usually complain. But I have to admit to being a little underwhelmed by this particular box. Mine was #609. I've already gotten about 3 of the make up removers from various giveaways and the same with the Smashbox primers (which I can't use) but the thing that really ticks me off is the single use fragrance towelette. Really? This is right up there with the time you sent the empty sample container in a Play! box to be used for a foundation sample at a local Sephora.

They don't need to be filled to the brim with all the newest and coolest things, but it is getting a little boring with so many redundant products. And can we please skip single use items? I need to use something at least a few times before I decide to purchase it.

Totally agrees, I felt like Sephora just put all the left over samples into this month play box. Especially the primer, eyeliner and makeup remover... I get these items all the time from their gwps.

Yeah, this was the worst box I've received so far, I believe. Made me rethink continuing... but I probably still will because I just go with the flow on things.. haha

FYI...someone on reddit pointed out that the play passes expire at the end of THIS month this time, not the next month!  Kind of crappy since my box doesn't usually show up until the 20th or later, so it gives me like...a week to use it.

I got 583 too. And I already owned all six of the products. Maybe this is a sign I should cancel.

A really disappointing first box for me (583). Wish I would've signed up in time to get last month's box because it looked AWESOME. Oh well...at least I'll use the Peter Thomas Roth Cloud Cream and the Purity?

Got box 583. I don't see myself using anything:/ Maybe the eye makeup remover in a pinch. That particular Smashbox primer breaks me out. 

This month was a big ol boo!

(0) Hearts

My crappy 583 box is not even shipped yet. Wish that I can cancel this useless order... It's already mid of the month and my monthly subscription box is not even shipped lol! Hopefully they will lose my box like old times or miss some items in my bag so I can call and get a refund!

BOX 583 Very sad...I won't be using anything.  I don't like the bag either.  Reminds me of Wendy's.  All I wanted was he fresh vitamin C...SO SAD.  Anyone want to trade.  I wished I could have gotten box 609.

[ Edited ]

BOX #609 credits to MSA

• Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
  • Make Up ForeverAqua XL Waterproof Eye Pencil in m-10
  • Dr Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Wrinkle Recovery Peel
  • Pinrose Secret Genius Towelette
  • Fresh Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy Boosting Face Mask

Screen-Shot-2017-04-14-at-1.43.44-PM.png

Wished this box have the truth serum with the fresh mask, I have so many samples of the peel already!!!

That Fresh mask is the best! I always see immediate results when I use it. Jealous.

Box 591 spoilers are posted on MSA!!! 

Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 12.31.16 PM

I'm so excited!!! YES YES YES! Truth Serum AND the DDG Retinol Peel Pad!!! ^_^ YES YES YES!!!!

Image result for daniel bryan yes gif

BLESS YOU @lylysa Smiley Happy

I am actually super excited for this box as well.  I've wanted to check out the Juliette perfume for a while.  I am thrilled with the truth serum and the peel pad!!

I don't mind the smashbox even though I have a ton of that, and I can use the makeup remover.

I am actually excited for the eyeliner as well.  Thanks for posting!! Smiley Happy