Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Oh this is a bummer.  Really happy I saw this post. I'm gonna be super careful opening mine. Sorry that happened @wheeeee πŸ˜°

Yea, I think the problem is that it just sits on top.   It is not twist-y like the BB/LM sticks.

That little bottom nub is not holding it in.  lol!!!!  Plus, it being a 'soft product' well it is messy!    @pixiedust2

@wheeeee Ok because of you I was prepared. I opened it super slow over a paper towel. It didn't fall out but was very wobbly in the stick. I pulled it out to see how it fit in. Then I just squashed it down in. So thanks for the warning. 

Glad to hear this!   @pixiedust2

this same thing happened to me, but I was able to gently place the product back in the stick and it works ok-ish now.

still not ideal :/ it's a really pretty color though!

Received my Play box and my highlighter too was broken.  The entire thing popped off when I opened the cap.  Not cool.

Did anyone else get this yet?

IMG_8868.PNG

IMG_8869.PNG

I was able to successfully RSVP at a store I am located about an hour away from. This was the closest store I could find. It did take a few minutes (under five) to load the actual site.

I've been trying to RSVP for the past hour or two.. can't seem to get the link to work past selecting my store. Any tips ladies? :/

Annoying the closest one is 500 miles from me. Can they not expand the locations or rotate through some different locations.  Would have been nice if everyone got an extra item in their box instead. 

Thank you! I'm not driving 3 hours for what may turn out to be a DS of Smashbox primer. I've been subscribed from the git go - that email just made me angry. I don't care about the play "dates", but I like freebies just as much as anyone else. How about a unique promo code for those of us who can't make it there?? That's the least Sephora could do.

Received the email a few hours ago & had some issues with the RSVP link.  I had to go through the Play section of the Sephora website to actually RSVP.

I seriously hope their "exclusive gift" isn't like the last one they gave out that consisted of a double sided mirror, note pad, & a pen.....

Saw the email and it honestly annoyed me, the special gift should've been an extra item in everyone's box as opposed to something you can only get by going to a play date.

I got this too and tried to rsvp, the site was down at first and now there are no reservations left for my store apparently. Smiley Sad

(0) Hearts

The same thing happened to me and I'm quite perturbed.  I tried to RSVP via the email and the Play! section of the site and it didn't work.  I was finally able to see the stores and there was one for all of NYC so of course there weren't any spots left.  Very frustrating! 

I got my box yesterday, two days earlier than expected. I didn't have any issues with the highlighter like everyone else seems to be having other than it doesn't look that glowy on me.

The Nudestix lip color is UGLY! I only swatched it on the back of my hand to see what the color truly looked like. Something I want to to try is to see if it can work as a contouring stick. I'm going to try that this weekend.

Ok, so I tried using this as a contour stick. Nope. It would not blend out no matter how much I buffed and I used a dense brush. I wiped off what I could and fortunately my usual contour hid the evidence.

@shyvicki the lip pencil is eye safe, so you could also use it as a shadow stick Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

I wondered about that. Thanks Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

I'm not even opening it -- in fact, there is ONE item in this box I can use, or want to use.  The skincare both break me out, and I almost always throw away the perfume, because it never smells good.  The last thing I need for my oily skin is a stick highlighter.

The hair mask is the only item I'll be using, which in my opinion, is not worth $10.  

But yeah, that lip pencil is fug-lee.

I totally agree about the Nudestix color. I tried it on hoping it could look cool...nope makes me look scary!

I got my box yesterday and my highlighter stick is totally unusable :-(. The whole product came out of the tub is is squished/melted into the cap. I don't even think I could get it out to shove into the tube-----deciding whether or not I should contact them i've never received anything broken before but reading people's comments it seems like a lot of people experienced the same problem.