Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

LOL!! If that was a real box... I don't know WHAT I would do!!

[ Edited ]

Hi!

Had good fortune trading from PLAY in the past, so this has help with the 'not for me' factor!

Getting Box 306

Trading
MILK Makeup Blur Stick
Tata Harper Resurfacing Face Mask
GRANDE Lips

ISO
Sunday Riley Clay Cleanser
RAHUA Hair Mask
Belif Essence

I know Play boxes get sent based on the little surveys we fill out, but I wish they'd allow us to customize them just a wee bit more - like noting allergies or being able to opt out of certain types of products.

For example, I've been considering opting out of the subscription because I haven't been in total love with my last few boxes...BUT if I knew I could opt out of getting perfume samples every month (I have 2 scents that work on me, most others make me sneeze or don't agree with me so it's a wasted sample every month) I may stick around longer.

I'd love to be able to opt out of getting black eyeliner. I rarely use black liner and already have too many of them.

[ Edited ]

I'm so sad....my box was missing the Sunday Riley product, which is the one I was most looking forward to Smiley Sad  I sent an email to CS...are they usually able to sent you a replacement?  I'm worried they'll just give me points instead :/

EDIT:  Less than an hour after sending my email I got a shipping confirmation sending me a replacement sample Smiley Happy  Yay!  Thanks for the awesome customer service!

Finally revealed! 😁 box 306

Thx MSS

Screenshot_20170517-075107.jpg

Thank You!! @ZombieMetroAnt

I am so happy to see spoilers for 306 finally here!!  I thought I was going to get my box earlier this week, but now it's saying it'll be delivered today.

I'm actually really excited about the Milk Makeup blur stick and was hoping my box would have that, mostly because I've really wanted to try that brand out for a while now and just haven't yet.

I have so many highlighters lol.....that being said I love the travel size ones so I'll use the trestique in my makeup bag at work. 

I'm also really really really excited about the Rahua hair mask and the Tata Harper resurfacing mask. 

I would've liked the Sunday Riley in my box, but I'm still really happy with what I got.  Clean Reserve looks like something that I would like / wear.

The only thing I'm not totally thrilled with is the GrandeLips....I'm not a huge fan of lip plumpers and rarely ever use them.  I would've preferred the nudestix that I think most of the others got. 

All in all, I really have to say that I think Sephora Play definitely upped their game with the boxes this month.  It seems like for the most part they included different things / brands than they usually do and from higher end brands as well in my opinion.  I'm very pleased with my box this month! Smiley Happy

I'm liking the change in pouch this month. I love repurposing any of of the Play baggies.

The Tata Harper mask is probably the only thing I'll use. My cousin (who I always split the box with) will probably take the Rahua as she's always on the hunt for hair masks to try. I've got plenty of highlighters so maybe she'll take the TreStique, but she's also pretty relaxed when it comes to makeup and she's got the Benefit Watts Up highlighter from an older box that she's still using, so I'm not sure if she'll take another highlighting stick. I'm not exactly jumping for joy to try the Milk Blur Stick, so maybe that'll get set aside in my sample pile and given to someone at some point. Same goes with the Clean fragrance, normally I gift all fragrance samplers to one friend but I just got her the Clean Reserve gift set for her birthday so she's in no shortage of this scent so into the generic holding pile.

(0) Hearts

I hate my box. #280. I was really loving Play, but my last box sucked and this one does too. This month and last I got highlighters and face wash. I think I've gotten highlighters the last 4 months in a row, no lie!  If next month's isn't better I'm gonna cancel.

That Nudestix pencil--ugh. Flaked right off all over my teeth, felt gummy and gross. Pretty color but nasty application, had to clean it off.

Wanted the Beachwalk, got stanky Stella. Peeeew, smells like old lady perfume (I'm old so I can say that, lol).

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but after last month's lousy box was hoping for better! Smiley Sad

(0) Hearts

Um, I really like Stella. It's actually one of my favorite fragrances. But I am old so I guess it makes sense. 

(0) Hearts

I agree with you on the Nudestix Magnetic lip pencil.  It covered well but it felt like putty on my lips so I had to rub it off within a few minutes of putting it on. 

If you want Beachwalk, you can have mine.  I don't wear perfume due to allergies so it's just wasted on me.

[ Edited ]

Hellllllllloooooooooo!!!  Box 306!

Reveal yourself!

Mine has delivery for Saturday! 

LOVE that we get Hair Care in this box!!!!  My fave category!

But, if I get something LP or Dry Shampoo.......I am gonna SCREAM!  hahahahahah!  

ISO: SR Clay Cleanser in case someone doesn't like theirs!  

You're the ones getting the Milk stick!!! Full spoilers from MSA: Smiley Happy

http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2017/05/play-by-sephora-may-2017-box-306-full-spoilers.html

thank you @jriskus

I Really do not want the MILK highlight thingy . It will literally go into a pile of unused highlighters. and I was really hoping for the  nudestix . but the rest  seems ok . I haven't tried the fragrance and I am just very happy it isn't warm cotton . All in all I'm not over excited but it is a fair box for me . 

the Milk product is actually a pore blurring primer type product, from what I understand @Tstorm. Sorry it's not the box of your dreams Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Ok that makes a difference , at least it is something I would like to try . Thank you for clearing that up 

I even scoured the #sephoraplay tag on IG in hopes of seeing box 306... it is really playing hard to get!

Speaking of IG, has anyone else been getting annoyed with the Adore Box spam that takes over the hashtag? 

Yes very annoying, I want to see play by Sephora boxes! @txcatx

Same here!!! My box is will be delivery on Saturday too.