Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

😞☹️ tarte though? How is that on par with bite and nars? This is the first play box I don't want at all 

[ Edited ]

Spoilers and value breakdown of all three box variations:

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 6.50.49 PM.png

Omg!! I'm so excited!! I've gotten the dud boxes the past few months and for once I'm getting the box variation I want!!! I'm getting 583. I already have Bound from a point perk and didn't much care for the formula anyway. I would have been okay I guess with Tarte because I like their products but the Bite multistick has been on my radar for a while. YAY!! And it was an awful day today too so a small bit of good news is so very welcome!!!

I'm getting 575 but already have a mini Bound from the holiday set! If anyone wants to trade for the Bite Multistick let me know Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

PMd you @MK89 !

Thanks @Tofu! So glad you posted this! I just checked my account and I'm getting #583. Yay! So excited to try the Bite Multistick!

Love excel. Love rosy color coordinated excel even more!

I was trying to match it to this month's bag hehe.

[ Edited ]

Odd, I found my 575 box at my front door despite getting a shipping notification just last night. Pleasant surprise!

28FF5E43-1B24-4F26-BB00-624D8677228B.jpg

I really love the blush shade of the bag. So cute!

714AB3DD-2C1E-4043-BA7C-C4CFB46169AA.jpg

I don't think there's much shade variation in 575β€”I also received Lip Glide in Bound and Lip Injection in Milkshake.

Update: Everyone was rightβ€”the Lip Injection is very uncomfortable. I don't think it's painful per se.. but it's definitely an uncomfortable burning sensation (kind of like when you accidentally get hot sauce on your lips?). Smiley Sad

(0) Hearts

i will be getting the same bag too it seems! the bag is so cute and i have been wanting to try the lip glide! overall pretty stoked!

@myumew That pouch is so pretty!  I am sorry to hear the Lip Injection didn't work for you.  Smiley Sad

Thanks for the information on the Lip Injection. I have not tried it before, but it sounds like I will not want to.

[ Edited ]

The Lip Injection formula is definitely more on the burning/stinging side of sensations versus many lip plumpers of today which have more of a tingling/cooling effect. Def not for everyone, and if you haven't tried a lip plumper before, maybe do a test patch because I've known folks who have had allergic reactions to the TF formula specifically to where their lips got all puffy and the skin around their mouths became red.

@lylysa I bought it in TJMaxx full size for about 5$ without knowing what a lip injection was and I had a horrible reaction to it, my lips peeled and burned for hours... Now I stay away from every lip plumper :s

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Ouchies, YoiFran! Your reaction sounded like one my friend had (she tried it right before a date...needless to say it got cancelled).

Lip plumper formulas can be quite....stimulating. When they first launched it seemed most formulas went for that burning/stinging feel because many used cinnamon or other "mild" irritants to stimulate blood flow to lips to thus make them appear fuller and more engorged with blood so they'd also be more rosy and full of color. Like I mentioned, then there was a transition to more cooling/tinging versions that often used mint or menthol extracts to still stimulate but cut down on discomfort. Of course the use of mint doesn't immediately make the formula "safe" for everyone, so test patches/applications are always recommended. I remember Lip Fusion was another brand that really focused on plumpers and eventually launched more user-friendly formulas. Their Lip InFATuation line uses marine botanicals that bind moisture to lips to "plump" them and peptides to smooth lines and their texture, these didn't sting or burn.

(0) Hearts

is the lip injection feeling something similar to like buxom lip glosses?

(0) Hearts

The Buxom glosses use methol/mint in their formulas so it's more "cooling" compared to the TF Lip Injection. 

If anyone remembers DuWop's Lip Venom, the TF formula is more along those lines. I've personally used the TF formula before and I don't mind the sting/burn sensation (it's like if you ate too many spicy, hot cinnamon candies versus eating a peppermint), but I know it's not a sensation that many people are game for.

(0) Hearts

I always loved the Lip Venom, so I'm actually excited for the Lip Injection in my box.  I'm unsure about the shade, but I'm sure I can manipulate it to get a more wearable color for me.

Ooooo, that bag is beautiful! I love the color, I hope Sephora continues to change up how the actual bags. I loved the December black/rose gold bag, and I love to repurpose them as goodie bags for friends and family when I give samples.

Oh my gosh!  That bag is so cute @myumew  Thanks for the pics!

Need info on 591????  Lol!!!