Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

[ Edited ]

If I do get bound I will put it aside for you.  Smiley Wink I got you girl!!  @wheeeee

(0) Hearts

I hope you get the Bound!  teee-heee! @jen143xo

@wheeeee If your friend doesn't get Bound I can trade with you.  I already own the full size.  PM me if you are interested.

(0) Hearts

This is so sweet!  @mishanyc

@mishanyc  if you end up not trading your bound, i'd love to trade something for it! i've been after it forever Smiley Happy

I just received my first bag and, aside from the Lip Injection (which I know I dislike from a previous Ipsy bag) I was very happy.

My question is regarding the Play Pass- do you only get the 50 points if you buy a full size of one of the products featured in the bag or do you get the points with any purchase?

Any purchase! Some people just buy a Sephora face mask with their pass since it's the cheapest thing they can find in stores to get the points lol.

Thanks, @Tofu! I always have something that I "need" from Sephora, so this is cool.

[ Edited ]

Box 591 posted by MSA 

591.JPG

Clinique Moisturizer Pep-Start HydroBlur
Origins Refreshing Eye Cream
Too Faced Lip Injection Glossy in Milkshake
Sephora Collection Lashcraft Length & Volume Mascara
Tarte Lipstick
Prada Candy

What is the with the Clinique (and Origins)? I received the Almost Lipstick (in Black Honey) last month.  For me, it's a bit retro, but not in a glamorous or fun way.  Both lines are just solid basics from my middle school and early high school years.  I'd rather receive items from new/luxury/unique brands.  ~end rant~ 🤓

Meh... This is my first box and I don't like it. I hate anything Origins because it never gets along well with my skin and same goes for Clinique Smiley Sad Those will be in a STB for sure and the rest is just ok.. hopefully next months is better. What I'm really excited about is the bag lol

I got so excited that I *thought* I was getting box 575, but I actually read wrong and my tracking number for another order also ended in 575. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad heartbreak!!!

Alas, getting box 591.

Meh, not excited about Too Faced or tarte lipstick. Honestly not excited about anything in this months box. 

(0) Hearts

I know, right @jen81 & @misscg?  I had my fingers crossed for the multi-stick.  000000000.JPG

(0) Hearts

I need to update my profile to something else because this month's bag sucks. I ended up buying the sijcp lip favorites to FINALLY try bound and bought a multistick in a color I've been wanting to try (honey wheat?)

Those lip colors are too light for me.

😞☹️ tarte though? How is that on par with bite and nars? This is the first play box I don't want at all 

[ Edited ]

Spoilers and value breakdown of all three box variations:

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 6.50.49 PM.png

Omg!! I'm so excited!! I've gotten the dud boxes the past few months and for once I'm getting the box variation I want!!! I'm getting 583. I already have Bound from a point perk and didn't much care for the formula anyway. I would have been okay I guess with Tarte because I like their products but the Bite multistick has been on my radar for a while. YAY!! And it was an awful day today too so a small bit of good news is so very welcome!!!

I'm getting 575 but already have a mini Bound from the holiday set! If anyone wants to trade for the Bite Multistick let me know Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

PMd you @MK89 !