Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

I'm not thrilled with my box (591), but I will say this I LOVE the bag it comes in! I wish I had pj's made out of this stuff Smiley Very Happy

Nars bound- first time trying these, love the color. At first i was sad to not be getting the multiple stick, but now that I've tried the nars, happy to have it.

TF lip injection- DO NOT try this on the back of your hand first, it burned my skin. Not a fan on the lips either. I thought this was going to be like the lip venoms, but these sting much more. I had to take it off.

Sephora Lashcraft- interesting wand, will give it a try

Clinique pep start hydroblur moisturizer- tried it on my hand, had a blurring effect. Skin was left soft. Looks like will be good for travel, won't have to pack a primer.

Origins ginzing eye cream- with how many times sephora offers this i want to like it but it makes my skin all red and puffy.

Marc jacobs divine decadence - a nice date night scent

You got the same box as I did...

Am I the only one completely over the perfume samples they include in the Play boxes?

I DON'T NEED MORE MJ OR ELIZABETH AND JAMES PERFUME SAMPLES!

[ Edited ]

Box received today....pretty meh about it TBH. Typically when my box arrives it sits, unopened, on a table for a couple weeks.  This time around the bag caught my attention & I wanted to feel the quality, not too shabby.

How are you all using each month's bag? 

My box is out for delivery, yay!

I can't say I'm super excited (I'm going to just sell/trade my Nars, and I don't care much about the clinique or origins) but it's my first play box so it's still exciting to see and open it Smiley Very Happy I hope the lip injection gloss doesn't burn my lips tho hah.

[ Edited ]

Well, that is a wrap!  NARS Bound and me gonna never be together!  Please bring this to 100 point perk online.

If anyone wants to trade Tarte lipstick for NARS Bound lemme know.  

Sephora....please!  Enough of the GinZing!  We know it is a cheap filler item! 

*whispers into the void* I love the GinZing eye cream...

But I don't get the Play box anyway, I just stopped in to see the pictures. Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

PM your address and I will mail GinZing to you!

I trade all the time here....so,  I am not a weirdo, btw!  ;')  

@LolliLove

[ Edited ]

If I do get bound I will put it aside for you.  Smiley Wink I got you girl!!  @wheeeee

(0) Hearts

I hope you get the Bound!  teee-heee! @jen143xo

@wheeeee If your friend doesn't get Bound I can trade with you.  I already own the full size.  PM me if you are interested.

(0) Hearts

This is so sweet!  @mishanyc

@mishanyc  if you end up not trading your bound, i'd love to trade something for it! i've been after it forever Smiley Happy

I just received my first bag and, aside from the Lip Injection (which I know I dislike from a previous Ipsy bag) I was very happy.

My question is regarding the Play Pass- do you only get the 50 points if you buy a full size of one of the products featured in the bag or do you get the points with any purchase?

Any purchase! Some people just buy a Sephora face mask with their pass since it's the cheapest thing they can find in stores to get the points lol.

Thanks, @Tofu! I always have something that I "need" from Sephora, so this is cool.

[ Edited ]

Box 591 posted by MSA 

591.JPG

Clinique Moisturizer Pep-Start HydroBlur
Origins Refreshing Eye Cream
Too Faced Lip Injection Glossy in Milkshake
Sephora Collection Lashcraft Length & Volume Mascara
Tarte Lipstick
Prada Candy

What is the with the Clinique (and Origins)? I received the Almost Lipstick (in Black Honey) last month.  For me, it's a bit retro, but not in a glamorous or fun way.  Both lines are just solid basics from my middle school and early high school years.  I'd rather receive items from new/luxury/unique brands.  ~end rant~ 🤓

Meh... This is my first box and I don't like it. I hate anything Origins because it never gets along well with my skin and same goes for Clinique Smiley Sad Those will be in a STB for sure and the rest is just ok.. hopefully next months is better. What I'm really excited about is the bag lol

I got so excited that I *thought* I was getting box 575, but I actually read wrong and my tracking number for another order also ended in 575. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad heartbreak!!!

Alas, getting box 591.

Meh, not excited about Too Faced or tarte lipstick. Honestly not excited about anything in this months box.