Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

PLAY! by SEPHORA has some exciting news to share with you. Starting in May 2016, we’re expanding PLAY! to the lower 48 states and giving our PLAY! boxes a makeover!

For those of you already on the waitlist as of April 8th, 2016, we will be sending out invitations in waves until all available spots are filled. Invitations will be sent based on when you joined the waitlist. Spots are still limited, so please act quickly if you receive an invitation. As a reminder, when you receive your invitation to join, be sure to enter the same email address used to join the waitlist. If you don’t receive an invitation this time around, or you joined the waitlist after April 8th – don’t worry! As more spots open up each month, we’ll continue to send out invitations on a rolling, first come, first served basis.

If you would like to join the waitlist, please enter your email by visiting www.sephora.com/play. You will be included in future months’ invitations.

Q: When will invites be sent out to people who are on the waitlist?

A: The first wave of invitations for signup will be sent during mid-April 2016. They will continue to be sent out in monthly increments as the program grows.

Q: Where does PLAY! by SEPHORA ship?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is currently only available in the U.S. and can ship to any address in the contiguous 48 states.

Q: If I do get an invite, am I guaranteed a box?

A: Box quantities are limited each month. If you are invited to subscribe to PLAY! by SEPHORA, please redeem your invitation and claim your spot as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out on that month’s box.

Q: Will Canadians have an opportunity to subscribe?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is not currently available in Canada; however, we will keep you posted on any plans for expansion.

Q: I am a US resident and do not live in one of the contiguous 48 states. When will PLAY! be available to me?

A: We are currently exploring ways to expand our shipping capabilities to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and US Military Bases. We'll be notifying clients as soon as we have an update and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For more PLAY! by SEPHORA FAQs please visit the following link> http://www.sephora.com/play-faqs

Re: PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

Very disappointed that I got my email saying I was off the waiting list, to find out I am back on the waiting list. Very unprofessional Sephora!!!!!

Anonymous Insider

I've been on the waiting list for ages. I've received several packages from Ipsy and Birchbox in the meantime as I've awaited for my invite off the waiting list.

It had been so long I even tried with another email address, in case somehow I'd missed my invite.

But finally after months of waiting I recieved not one, but two invites, one for each email address I gave. Even though I applied a month apart, both requests to join were accepted at once, who was I to argue. Now I have an even better shot, or so I told myself.

Both told me I had just over a week to accept.

I was beyond thrilled at the news, even more so to hear that you allowed us some time to reply, as I was waiting for a replacement debit card in the mail and was worried I'd miss my opportunity.

By sheer luck I recieved my new card this morning, "just in time!" I say to my soon-to-be hot self, thinking about all my sweet new makeup that's about to arrive.

Log on to accept my invite...and I bet you know where this is going.

That's right, not one, but both of my invites were apparently withdrawn.

Even though I still had about a day left to respond to each, I was taken off the list and put on hold, yet again.

Worst. And latest. April Fools joke ever.

You can only imagine the disappointment of myself, and my fellow Sephora-lovers here who were also let down, when we were turned away from something we were told we had.

I understand, life isn't always fair and all that jazz, but this is just bad business, and quite frankly rather rude.

I do hope this is just a mistake, or at the very least an issue that will be addressed and fixed. Preferably before the new box comes out.

As we have all done our parts here, it's time for you to come up with yours.

HBO NOW already let a lot of us down this week, man.

Don't be that guy.

I was truly excited to finally receive my invite to get the Sephora box. Only to my disappointment that I had to be added back to the waiting list, even though my email stated I had over a day to respond to get my box.  Maybe you should have have enough boxes for all the people you invited to get the box or allowed people the time allowed prior to inviting more people as i have been on the waiting list for months. Poor customer service with Sephora on this one. Truly disappointed VIB rouge member!!

Anonymous Insider

I am still upset with Sephora but I can say that they at least did better than Allure. Apparently people were charged for the May Allure box, and are now being told they won't receive a box until June! So far only new subscribers are getting that news, but apparently last month old subscribers got screwed over!

What is with these companies not being honest and not coming forward/talking about issues? Like, if you have a problem letting us know will keep us a little less mad than if you just stay mum on the subject.

So disappointed, I have been waiting to join forever, received the email while out of town and when I went in to claim the spot was added back to wait list. Oh well guess I'll have to join Ipsy or Glossy Box.

Anonymous Insider

Same deal as everyone else.  Got an invite then it says they're all full up.  Maybe don't go sending invites to all these people when there are not actually that many spots! Thanks for nothing Sephora! p.s. This whole thing is pretty on par with what I've come to expect from Sephora customer service: an exclusive, uppity, we're better than you, you can't sit with us attitude. Its getting old. 

Yeah, I was so excited to get off of the waitlist too. I was traveling last week and saw that I still had time to accept the invitation, but when I clicked on the link it said I had to get back on the waitlist!  SephoraPlay.jpg

The same thing happened to me and I was very interested in the May box as it is supposed to be only natural products.  This experience has made me rethink my opinion of Sephoa.Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 1.02.32 PM.png

yeah whats the deal.

i came to claim my spot and now it says no more spots.

Anonymous Insider

I received an email saying I had so many days to claim my spot.  I just tried to log on to claim my spot since I still had time left and I'm told there are no available spots????

Same thing happened to me. Got an email invite but no spots were available. Awfully frustrating and disappointing, and so unlike the Sephora I've loved for so long.

Anonymous Insider

Also got an email invite but no spots were available. Have been on the wait list a long time as it is. Do not appreciate just being put back on. 

Anonymous Insider

Shame on you Sephora!  I would like to see how you plan on making this right.  Until then, you have lost my business, which is unfortunate because I have been a customer for 10+ years!

Anonymous Insider

Send them an email and you might get some points. At least they didn't take your money like Allure did to some customers. After seeing what Allure did I'd rather just be denied the box straight out than be lead to believe I'd be getting May's box when I wasn't.

I received an invitation...how I claim my sport

Anonymous Insider

Lol @ Sephora. The only thing they did was change the date in their FAQ from April to May. As a person who works in public relations, I can't say that that was probably NOT  the best way to handle the situation. It's always better to own up to your mistakes. I think that if Sephora would have simply sent out an email or even just replied to our comments explaining the accident, they wouldn't have hundreds of angry customers, like they do now. Not only are they just any customers, but we are some of their most valuable and reliable. Some of the ones that ALWAYS come to Sephora for their makeup needs. I'm sorry Sephora, but you might need a new PR person after this incident because they just lost you a lot of faithful customers. 

Anonymous Insider

Well ... I finally got off the wait-list ... Tried to subscribe and was immediately put back on the wait-list. I think I'll just continue to spend my money at Ulta Cosmetics. 

I was so excited to get my invite! When I click the link, I get a message saying I have to go back on the waiting list. What's up Sephora?

I replied to the e-mail about the subscription box within 10 minutes and still was told that the spots were full. I'm sorry but how do you give your customers 8 days to reply to an e-mail to savor your spot and then within less than 10 min your opportunity is already up? It does not make much sense to me.

I have to say I am pretty disappointed. I signed up for this list several months ago and I was thrilled when I opened the e-mail saying that I was finally off the waiting list. I am disappointed because this was a false hope and I have yet to read any kind of explanation as to why many of your customers would receive a very misleading e-mail. I hope this issue gets addressed sooner than later because it is upsetting many of the customers, including myself.

I tried signing up, after reading the comments about being put back on the wait list I'm not too hopeful. There's always Glossybox and Birchbox. 

testing