Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

PLAY! by SEPHORA has some exciting news to share with you. Starting in May 2016, we’re expanding PLAY! to the lower 48 states and giving our PLAY! boxes a makeover!

For those of you already on the waitlist as of April 8th, 2016, we will be sending out invitations in waves until all available spots are filled. Invitations will be sent based on when you joined the waitlist. Spots are still limited, so please act quickly if you receive an invitation. As a reminder, when you receive your invitation to join, be sure to enter the same email address used to join the waitlist. If you don’t receive an invitation this time around, or you joined the waitlist after April 8th – don’t worry! As more spots open up each month, we’ll continue to send out invitations on a rolling, first come, first served basis.

If you would like to join the waitlist, please enter your email by visiting www.sephora.com/play. You will be included in future months’ invitations.

Q: When will invites be sent out to people who are on the waitlist?

A: The first wave of invitations for signup will be sent during mid-April 2016. They will continue to be sent out in monthly increments as the program grows.

Q: Where does PLAY! by SEPHORA ship?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is currently only available in the U.S. and can ship to any address in the contiguous 48 states.

Q: If I do get an invite, am I guaranteed a box?

A: Box quantities are limited each month. If you are invited to subscribe to PLAY! by SEPHORA, please redeem your invitation and claim your spot as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out on that month’s box.

Q: Will Canadians have an opportunity to subscribe?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is not currently available in Canada; however, we will keep you posted on any plans for expansion.

Q: I am a US resident and do not live in one of the contiguous 48 states. When will PLAY! be available to me?

A: We are currently exploring ways to expand our shipping capabilities to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and US Military Bases. We'll be notifying clients as soon as we have an update and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For more PLAY! by SEPHORA FAQs please visit the following link> http://www.sephora.com/play-faqs

Re: PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

Same issue here. Why can't it just send you to a link to sign up???

Anonymous Insider

The reply I received from customer service. I wonder if we get first dibs next time, or now we're at the bottom of the list?

image.jpeg

Love how they didn't bother answering your questions! Not...

Anonymous Insider

When I got the email last Friday saying I was finally off the waitlist after months of waiting, I was ecstatic. I tried to subscribe as soon as I got home from work that same day and was crushed to have the same issues that I am seeing so many others have had as well. I wasted over an hour being run in circles by the woman at customer service. No, I don't want points added to my account. No, I don't want to take some automated survey. Are you kidding me!! Stop lying. Stop attempting to pacify me. I can see right through it. I am utterly disgusted at this point. Fix this. Please.

Anonymous Insider

Add me to the list of getting and email telling me I am off the wait list only to have it not work.  Disappointed!

Welp, looks like everyone else is having the exact same issue. I too received an invitation to join only to be told upon visiting the website that there are no spots available. The invitation emails were either sent out erroneously, or they were misleading. Either way, not a good look for Sephora customer service.sephora.PNG

Anonymous Insider

Had to wait to accept invitation to the subscription because of finances, only to find out that not accepting the invite right away kicked me off the actual waiting list I was just on for months. Why isn't a waiting list spot guaranteed a box? Isn't that the whole point of a waiting list? Disappointed. No point in giving us 14 days to accept anything if it isn't guaranteed after waiting a few months. Sell waitlisters guaranteed boxes!

I received an email saying that I was off the PLAY! waitlist and had until 4/30 to join...I just tried to subscribe but was told that I have been added to the waitlist?! SO frustrating 😞

Same thing here! There's even a timer saying I have 4 days left to sign up. Pretty disappointed.

Anonymous Insider

I am having the same problem. This is incredibly frustrating to send out more invites than you can afford to. We've waited months to get off the waiting list - only to be put on another one. What if we are going to be at the back of the waiting list when we've been loyal customers from the beginning!!

What a horrid roll out, Sephora. I called in to customer service when i was able to reach the checkout screen but unable to complete the purchase of the play subscription due to an "error" on the webpage. The customer serivce representative could not grasp my issue and after half and hour insisted that my email invite just had a broken link and that I would receive a new email withing 5 days.

After reading these comments I know that this rep FLAT OUT LIED TO ME so that she could hang up the phone! well its been more than 5 days and I'm still waiting.

I'm very dissatisfied with the program and furious that I was lied to because you planned this so poorly. I can only hope that no one has to have this false excitement for the next round of shipments and that you will fix these issues with the website. 
I don't even know where to start with the customer service call center.

Why send us invites and say the invitation expires in so many days if you are just being put back onto the waitlist.  That's just too ridiculous!

Sorry for the confusion! Our Play! subscription is full for the May box. We will be sending more invites next month, so please add yourself back to the wait list and keep an eye out. 

So, does this mean we are again at the bottom of the wait list??

Anonymous Insider

Hi there - just some feedback - if you send out an invitation with an expiration date then that spot should be held for that "subscriber" until the expiration date expires.  Don't be like the airlines and over book - just think about it - so excited to be going on a trip - get to the airlines to be told you don't have a seat on the plane even though you have a ticket?  You'd be frustrated right?  So are we - alot of us are youtubers and informed our subscribers we were off the waitlist and would be reviewing boxes....well now we have to tell them why we can't 😞  not cool Sephora

So i get an email saying I'm off the waiting list but then says There's No Spots Available when I try to set up for the subscription.... if i have to wait months again to TRY and sign up, I'll be pissed. I just cancelled my other subscription for this!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I'm having the same problem!!! It's very upsetting

I too received an invite and was not able to successfully register for the program. It is very annoying and I hope that Sephora does something to fix this issue. It is really ridiculous.

I'm getting the same runaround as well. Bummer.

Just received an email saying I was off the waitlist and when i clicked to sign up, it told me I have been added to the waitlist. Really frustrating.

Anonymous Insider

Same thing happened to me.  I sent an email through their "Contact Us" link at the bottom.  Hopefully they'll have a good explanation for this nonsense.

testing