Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

PLAY! by SEPHORA has some exciting news to share with you. Starting in May 2016, we’re expanding PLAY! to the lower 48 states and giving our PLAY! boxes a makeover!

For those of you already on the waitlist as of April 8th, 2016, we will be sending out invitations in waves until all available spots are filled. Invitations will be sent based on when you joined the waitlist. Spots are still limited, so please act quickly if you receive an invitation. As a reminder, when you receive your invitation to join, be sure to enter the same email address used to join the waitlist. If you don’t receive an invitation this time around, or you joined the waitlist after April 8th – don’t worry! As more spots open up each month, we’ll continue to send out invitations on a rolling, first come, first served basis.

If you would like to join the waitlist, please enter your email by visiting www.sephora.com/play. You will be included in future months’ invitations.

Q: When will invites be sent out to people who are on the waitlist?

A: The first wave of invitations for signup will be sent during mid-April 2016. They will continue to be sent out in monthly increments as the program grows.

Q: Where does PLAY! by SEPHORA ship?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is currently only available in the U.S. and can ship to any address in the contiguous 48 states.

Q: If I do get an invite, am I guaranteed a box?

A: Box quantities are limited each month. If you are invited to subscribe to PLAY! by SEPHORA, please redeem your invitation and claim your spot as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out on that month’s box.

Q: Will Canadians have an opportunity to subscribe?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is not currently available in Canada; however, we will keep you posted on any plans for expansion.

Q: I am a US resident and do not live in one of the contiguous 48 states. When will PLAY! be available to me?

A: We are currently exploring ways to expand our shipping capabilities to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and US Military Bases. We'll be notifying clients as soon as we have an update and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For more PLAY! by SEPHORA FAQs please visit the following link> http://www.sephora.com/play-faqs

Re: PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

Were there any spots left to join when these last batches of emails were actually sent to customers??? Looking back on older posts, 3 days ago customers were reporting here that when attempting to join Play from an email invite from Sephora, that they were placed on the waiting list again. Yet a large number of customers have reported on this thread, that they received an email invite from Sephora within the last one day. So. Were these last email invites sent out AFTER all the Play spots were full??? image.png

Anonymous Insider

The email invitation was a huge lie.

From the moment i received an invitation saying i was off the wait list i have tried to subscribe. the first few days i kept getting an error message that the registry was down and to try again later. i tried again this morning and it says all spots are full. this is very unreasonable. i tried to sign up but i couldn't and now that i can't, tough luck? totally lame sephora.

I, too, am having the same problem. I called and was told that it is first come first served and this may keep happening every month. I understand that this is a new roll out and things do happen. I asked if I could have some type of message on my account to make sure I get one next month and was told they can't do that. I get it that glitches happen. I am willing to wait my turn. But when I am told it is my turn and go to claim it, only to be told I have to take my chances next month as well- that is a problem. Obviously, please fix the problem. But please reach out to those of us that are frustrated to let us know what Is going on. We were told it was finally our turn only to be told we were too slow and they are gone. My countdown ticker is still going on right now on my invite email.

This is crap, stop sending out freaking invites if you don't have boxes to give out! 

Same as everyone else, I too got the email with the countdown to purchase a box. Less than 24 hours after receiving the email, I excitedly tried to purchase the box and got placed on the waitlist again. I have been on the waitlist for almost a year. Seriously?!

Just wanted to add to the list of frustration. Sephora, you need to hire a new Marketing Director. This poor customer service experience will ruin your company's reputation. How unfortunate it is for all these people, including myself, to fall for this propaganda. The results of your invite is something we would have expected if you were giving away a completely free product. However, that is not the case with this subscription as there is a monthly charge these customers are willing to pay for. 

Anonymous Insider

Yeah, I tried to get one a day after I got the invite because it said I had 8 days to. Yet, I get placed back on the waiting list. Very disappointed. 

Why bother having a countdown saying I have 8 days to claim my box when clearly you only have 2 spots open? I would have preferred to not even get an email. I get that you want to create all this hype but you don't need to treat your customers badly to do so.

I keep trying but keep getting the message there are no spots open.  Do I need to keep trying for the 7 days or should I give up?  

Bad Marketing Sephora! As a VIB member, I received an invitation to play. Unfortunately, I tried to register and was placed back on the wait list. Please do not invite so many people if you have NO intention of allowing all members a fair chance to register. I have been a VIB for several years and this ludicrous process makes me want to no longer shop at Sephora. VERY disappointing!

I see that I'm not the only one with the problem. I've received an email notification that I am off the wait-list and have 7 days to subscribe. However, as I click on the link, it directs me to the Play homepage and notifies me that there are no spots available when I put in my email address. 

I received an email message stating I was off the wait list. When I followed the link to sign up, I was told I was back on the wait list. Very disappointed.

Please don't inform people that their spot has been reserved if it hasn't been. That's not cool. 

Why tell us that we've been chosen from the waitlist and direct us to a page with a countdown timer when there are no boxes left? This whole promotion seems ill-conceived and destined to result in much unhappiness. 

Very, very disappointed by the misleading invitation email. It appears I didn't have eight days to confirm, or even one! I was so looking forward to the April and May boxes in particular. It's not good business to mislead your customers nor make it so difficult for us to give you money!

my invitation hasn't expired, but I'm now back on the waitlist.  What gives?  Very disappointing.  I'd prefer not to be contacted unless I'm guaranteed a spot, like Birchbox, IPSY, etc.  Bad customer experience, since I've been waiting a LONG time already to be put back on the waitlist!!!

RE: Re: PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

I am having the same problem as everyone else. It said I am off the waitlist but its not letting me sign up. 

I am having the same problem. I got an email saying I was off the wait list and a countdown with how many days I had to accept it; however when I put my email in to subscribe it says there are no available boxes and I'll be put on the wait list. 

I had tried to sign up for Play within hours of receiving the invite - and just like everyone else I was unable to join. This is disappointing - and really a poor business practice.  Why sign up for a wait list if this is how it will be handled. Very poor customer service Sephora. 

testing