Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

PLAY! by SEPHORA has some exciting news to share with you. Starting in May 2016, we’re expanding PLAY! to the lower 48 states and giving our PLAY! boxes a makeover!

For those of you already on the waitlist as of April 8th, 2016, we will be sending out invitations in waves until all available spots are filled. Invitations will be sent based on when you joined the waitlist. Spots are still limited, so please act quickly if you receive an invitation. As a reminder, when you receive your invitation to join, be sure to enter the same email address used to join the waitlist. If you don’t receive an invitation this time around, or you joined the waitlist after April 8th – don’t worry! As more spots open up each month, we’ll continue to send out invitations on a rolling, first come, first served basis.

If you would like to join the waitlist, please enter your email by visiting www.sephora.com/play. You will be included in future months’ invitations.

Q: When will invites be sent out to people who are on the waitlist?

A: The first wave of invitations for signup will be sent during mid-April 2016. They will continue to be sent out in monthly increments as the program grows.

Q: Where does PLAY! by SEPHORA ship?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is currently only available in the U.S. and can ship to any address in the contiguous 48 states.

Q: If I do get an invite, am I guaranteed a box?

A: Box quantities are limited each month. If you are invited to subscribe to PLAY! by SEPHORA, please redeem your invitation and claim your spot as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out on that month’s box.

Q: Will Canadians have an opportunity to subscribe?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is not currently available in Canada; however, we will keep you posted on any plans for expansion.

Q: I am a US resident and do not live in one of the contiguous 48 states. When will PLAY! be available to me?

A: We are currently exploring ways to expand our shipping capabilities to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and US Military Bases. We'll be notifying clients as soon as we have an update and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For more PLAY! by SEPHORA FAQs please visit the following link> http://www.sephora.com/play-faqs

Re: PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

Im happy I was able to sign up! I can't wait for my 1st box to come in!

I've also been trying all day, different browsers, different email addresses, signed into my acccount, signed out of my account, and nada. Nothing works. Guess I am one to remain on the waitlist. If it's true that others who were never on the waitlist were able to get in before those waitlisted, well, that just doesn't seem fair.

Sorry about that! I'll PM you shortly to help!

I am in the same boat. I have been on the waitlist forever & I have tried for three days & still can't get a box. Many of my friends had no problem getting one recently 😞

Hi MrsLisha,

I'll PM you in just a moment as well!

This so confusing. I don't know how they decide who gets it and who doesn't because it's not by area or first come first serve. I tried signing up with the email I use for my Sephora account with all my points and purchases and it tells me I'm on the waiting list, like it has been for a while. Then when I use a different email address it magically says I can sign up? I didn't sign up though because I want to make sure I get those extra points on the right account etc, but I don't get why one email would just work over the other?

Hi ThatGurl16,

I'll PM you to help with this shortly!

This definitely isn't first come, first served. I've been waiting for months and people who never tried before today got in immediately. I tried and still got the message saying no spots were available. Would be great if you could make this more fair...or at least stop misrepresenting the process. 

Hi carrie77,

I'm going to send you a PM soon to look into this for you!

Kindly,
Nika
Anonymous Insider

Won't let me sign up despite being on the wait list for months but I'm seeing in beauty groups that people who never signed up for wait lists are getting subscribed immediately today. I messaged Sephora and was basically told "too bad." Awesome customer service. 

Hi Chelsea1981,

Looks like you contacted us on Facebook and we've begun investigating this for you!

Kindly,
Nika

same here. got the invite (after enrolling onto their waitlist last year) and could not add my email address to the subscription. hopefully i did not get kicked to the back of the queue again.

i was just able to add my email address to the subscription. i succeeded via the mobile app site. not sure if the app vs desktop site vs other options makes a difference in terms of a person's success for signing up (for those who got the invitation).

i am curious about the intel that the statements regarding sephora letting new people in and not letting people on the waitlist in first: how do you know that the people who just enrolled weren't on the waitlist before you?

Anonymous Insider

Because people were commenting on the website Subscription Addiction that they got in and were never on a waitlist.

Anonymous Insider

I'm seeing people in beauty groups who say they never signed up initially getting subscriptions today, as well as people saying they signed up for wait list this morning and already received invitations this afternoon.

thanks for this info. i have a better understanding of the frustrations that have been voiced here by many BT'ers.

it seems to me then that the rolling out of the invitations may not depend on when a person enrolled and may instead depend on the person's geographical area? originally this was only available to certain geographical test markets.

I got my email invite and when I typed in my email it let me subscribe.

I just received an invitation after being on the waitlist for months, so I clicked to subscribe and it says all spots are filled! I am confused?  I thought I was being notified of my spot opening up?!

Hi collclarks - I'll send you a PM regarding this now!

Kindly,
Nika

I also JUST got the email 5 minutes ago, saying that I was "off the waiting list", because a spot opened up, but when I clicked on the link, it said ALL SPOTS ARE FILLED. 

Hi mary3rodriguez, it looks like you might be located outside of the contiguous US (for example in Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico). Currently Play is not available outside of the contiguous US, I apologize for the inconvenience!

Kindly,
Nika

So I finally got invite email, when I tried to subscribe it didn't even let me put in my address. So I couldn't even subscribe. 

1 Reply
testing