Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

PLAY! by SEPHORA has some exciting news to share with you. Starting in May 2016, we’re expanding PLAY! to the lower 48 states and giving our PLAY! boxes a makeover!

For those of you already on the waitlist as of April 8th, 2016, we will be sending out invitations in waves until all available spots are filled. Invitations will be sent based on when you joined the waitlist. Spots are still limited, so please act quickly if you receive an invitation. As a reminder, when you receive your invitation to join, be sure to enter the same email address used to join the waitlist. If you don’t receive an invitation this time around, or you joined the waitlist after April 8th – don’t worry! As more spots open up each month, we’ll continue to send out invitations on a rolling, first come, first served basis.

If you would like to join the waitlist, please enter your email by visiting www.sephora.com/play. You will be included in future months’ invitations.

Q: When will invites be sent out to people who are on the waitlist?

A: The first wave of invitations for signup will be sent during mid-April 2016. They will continue to be sent out in monthly increments as the program grows.

Q: Where does PLAY! by SEPHORA ship?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is currently only available in the U.S. and can ship to any address in the contiguous 48 states.

Q: If I do get an invite, am I guaranteed a box?

A: Box quantities are limited each month. If you are invited to subscribe to PLAY! by SEPHORA, please redeem your invitation and claim your spot as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out on that month’s box.

Q: Will Canadians have an opportunity to subscribe?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is not currently available in Canada; however, we will keep you posted on any plans for expansion.

Q: I am a US resident and do not live in one of the contiguous 48 states. When will PLAY! be available to me?

A: We are currently exploring ways to expand our shipping capabilities to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and US Military Bases. We'll be notifying clients as soon as we have an update and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For more PLAY! by SEPHORA FAQs please visit the following link> http://www.sephora.com/play-faqs

Re: PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

Disappointed...I'm in one of the test market areas and I've been invited twice.  I IMMEDIATELY put my email address into the field only to get a response stating there are no more spots available.  I literally sign up the moment I see these invitations come across...UGH!  I want in soooo bad!

😞 It has to hurt to be oh so close........

Silver lining? At least you've gotten invites, guess there are a lot of people waiting on this. But the good news is that it is going on in your area. Hope you get another invite and that you're able to secure a box next time......they say, "The Third time's a charm!" I hope that is so. 

I'm so ready for them to expand their market for this launch. Being in Knoxville sucks so much right now. This subscription seems great.

My friend got 3 invite codes. She sent in my address for one of the codes 3 days ago yet I have not received any invite/set up/information via my email address that was used? Did I miss out or does it take a while to come through - if so, about how long?

Anonymous Insider

I am so new here I am raw.  I would not know about what the codes even seemingly were or appeared as though I signed up.  Hope I don't miss the meaning if so.  I just keep taking a look at what I get sent and browse through what is being said here.  I thought maybe say hello to all, well wishes for what you desire in this mysterious play. 

Are you Rose Red as in the Rose Red, who virtually nobody remembers? (except Joeanne ❤) Poor Rose Red was so shoved aside and dissed! 😟 She was one of the very, very, very few (okay, nearly non-existant) 

red-headed 'icons' growing up. That was before Ariel hit the scene.

I was so happily floored when I saw your name. 🌹🌷(No red rose emo to post here, so those flowers will have to do.)

If she was an icon, why was she dissed and forgotten? (Real question.)

Hi rydia - Poor Rose Red was the redheaded stepchild, so to speak. When I was really little I checked this book out of the school library all the time - it probably spent more time at my house then in the library. Nobody else I know (even family) remembered her. But I remembered her. Although there was no trace of her for years. 

Rose Red was the sister of Snow White. A PM friend remembered her and found a Wikipedia page about the story. She also was kind enough to send me the book when I suffered a loss a while back - the book still sits on my bed. Sounds silly, but it still brings me comfort. (Sadly, that also tells you that this Rose Red has not yet found her Prince Charming. 😣 Nobody's sleeping in my bed, oops, sorry, that's Goldilocks. 😉)

It was also nice to be vindicated and show the book to all of the non-believers in my family. (Boo-Yah, In Your Face! ~ sorry, that's a little rude, but for years they made me think I was insane or just plain lying.)

I just googled 'Snow White and Rose Red' - to my great surprise it says there is a movie! Have to check that out. Found the Wikipedia page (maybe you can take a quick look) and went on Amazon, there is one book that has a beautiful picture of Rose Red on the cover, in all of her auburn haired glory. 

So, don't know why Rose Red was forgotten and dissed over the years. Nowadays we could possibly chalk it up to her being a 'Ginger'. Rude.

So that's the basics of that Rose Red who was, and always will be, cherished and remembered in the heart of this Rose Red - auburn haired little old me. 👸 (Geez, can't even find a redheaded emo! :p)

EDIT - Are you a redhead too?

No, I'm not a redhead, but my boyfriend is and he has gotten a lot of grief for it over the years, even though he is insanely handsome! I had heard the tale of RR and SW before but it was different, just a short story. 

I don't think that was rude to your family -- it was like freedom!

It's not easy growing up as a redhead. 😞 I feel your boyfriends pain, big time.

True story - when I was born with carrot red/orange hair, my Mother cried! 😭Then she prayed and begged God to take it away. (and my Mom didn't 'waste' prayers, only for major things.) There are no redheads in my Mom or Dad's families, not in any generation - but I did have a cousin with tons of freckles and a bright orange afro, no excaggeration (from her Moms side, not in our DNA) So guess my Mom was a bit nervous - put that hair on the whitest skin ever.........oh, my poor Mom. Luckily, I quickly turned to Auburn with no freckles. (Phew! A big thanks to Mom & God.)

I think there are some Hot male redheads, but some people are prejudiced, lame. Nice knowing someone else remembered RR, there are different variations of the story.

Thank you for thinking my comment/feeling towards my family wasn't rude, it was liberating - 'freedom' was a good description.

Forgot to tell you, I really laughed when I 'red' your post, the "real question" comment at the end just tickled my funny bone. 😁

Don't know if this is true, but a redheaded girl who auditioned on American Idol last night told the judges that by the year 2030 redheads would be 'extinct'. 😒 "Extinct"? Things that make you go hmmmmm.....

Sorry so long, again. Hope you're not in a state that will be hit hard by this blizzard 😝 - ugh. Have a good one. 😊

Freckles are a big trend this spring. For once I do not have to purchase anything. I saw a freckle stick that is being marketed.

Anonymous Insider

Thanks for sharing that!  I am a warm brunette, yet freckles run in the family.   My brother near same color of hair had freckles all over his body.  Me just across my nose.

I even remember when I first got them. I was about three and had been outside most of a sunny summer day playing.  

I cam inside to wash my hands before dinner and looked in the mirror (had a little stool I could stand on so to get to the sink)...when I looked I thought how did that dirt get on my nose?  Then I tried to wash it off.  They did not budge which alarmed me...bugs? permanent dirt?  I ran crying to mommy and said look look my face has spots and they won't come off.  She bent down and looked, with a little grin said, oh honey those are called freckles.  They came out from playing in the Sun and someday will fade as mine did.  

So they have as I try to stay out of the hot sun and do protect myself.  My brother though, his never faded or went away.  It was maybe a gene he had more propensity to freckle than me and he had curly hair and mine was just wavy.  DNA stuff I guess. Thanks those who shared their freckle stories as it brought back a sweet memory!

I guess if they are going to be in, then I will have to bring out my faded ones "maybe" , makeup covers what is faded so I would still see them if not.  Wonder, anyone ever tried to play connect the dots//freckles?  

My mom was a redhead with freckles. She used to tell me that my dad used to like to play connect the dots (freckles) when they were younger. What I do not like are the freckles that collect into large patches. I do have a couple of those on my face and one on my arm.

Between my mom and her sister who were both redheads five of the six children were born various shades of redhead. I am auburn with red highlights. Of all of the grandchildren born, my son is the only redhead in the bunch. He only has freckles across his nose and shoulders. 

Anonymous Insider

That a cute story...I was always teased by my uncle, come here let me connect the freckles.

Speaking of the big ones, I can relate, I had one HUGE freckle on the end of my nose sorta reminded me of Rudolph in the summer.  Even in my early 20's it was so obvious,  many would tried to wipe my nose off  thinking it was dirt saying something to the likes of that.  I was like "get away, it's a big freckle". To which I got a lot of really? and snickers. Makeup did not help just made it darker. Guess I did not know the proper way to hide such as many do now even with tattoos.  

Think it  came from Irish on my paternal side and so I think it is where my brothers freckles came.  All on the Irish side had curly curly hair. Me? paid for perms. Not now tough.  I was born with black hair like my pops, had enough to make a pony tail when they got home, first thing they did with me.  Then as some do it got lighter as years went by  it went more to warm brunette color.  

One of the whole bunch...both sides was a boy with hair so blonde it was almost white. We all wondered at that some recessive gene.  He was the cutest thing...I used to just coo over him when I was 8 or so, when I saw him for the first time I was shocked with his blonde white hair.  Still has it, never did change. Must have some Swede gene somewhere way way back.  

I best not write my memoirs and mindful to share but keep Topic on PLAY.  It has my interest and it's fascinating to read others posts.  It would be nice, like to see more of what products others are getting...think I will scout that out. 

Hey Loretta, Nice to see you. I heard that freckles are going to be "in". It always makes me laugh when I hear about things like that. Who decides that freckles are now in vogue? Weird. A freckle stick?! After all those who tried everything imaginable for years, just trying to hide their freckles. Crazy.

Now everyone will be trying to be just like you! You're a trend-setter! I have very few lightly colored freckles, likely from years of trying to tan......stoopid!

I found the greatest mug quite a while ago, it says, "These aren't freckles, they're just a whole bunch of teeny-tiny tans!" That's totally me! You too?

How did you make out with snow so far? Airlines shut-down or anything near you? Believe it or not, no snow here yet........yet!! I'm sure it's coming. I pray for no power outages.......I will cry!! 😭 The hotel gets wicked expensive! Think we will be doing a lot of layering and have tons of blankets out. Plus, my tablet will die. 😦 I bought these mini chargers over the summer in preparation for potential power loss this winter, I was so proud of me. Bad news, cannot find them anywhere! Soooo not proud of myself right now, dope!

I am home. No flights are operating today. Jealous that you have no snow. I am not sure how much snow that we have received so far but I can not see my car clearly which is parked in my driveway.

I am pampering myself. I am doing a mask and I covered myself in JM Whipped Argan Oil. Also, I need to stop shopping on line. I have purchased too many cashmere sweaters.

Anyone in Ohio get an invitation yet?

Hi just now got a invite.  Near Columbus Ohio.  Good luck.  

I know they had it in Cincinnati, but I'm in Cleveland and haven't gotten one

Why are people that are subscribed already being able to invite friends to be subscribed, but there are tons of us who have been on the wait list that are still waiting to get it?

The invite a friend email mentions the invite will only work for those in the same geographical area as you.

Btw, I learned the hard way. I got the email and typed in an email address thinking I could go back later and invite more but you can't. You can only fill out the addresses once so make sure you have them all!!

1 Reply
testing