Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora

PERFUME SAMPLES

I would love to have the option of getting samples of perfumes I am interested in thru sephora.com. Many of the perfumes I would like to sniff are not sold in my local stores and are not the typical rewards or weekly special offerings. I wish that for any perfume available on sephora.com - you could get a sample ..... even for a sample price or point purchase. I do like that some lines have discovery sets, but that is often way too much for me to see if I like or don't like a perfume (which is often "don't"). I am unwilling to spend $100+ on perfume if I can't smell it first, and I am not one to buy and return willy-nilly as that just seems irresponsible. Would love if you would consider adding this service for customers!

Re: PERFUME SAMPLES

@SaltWaterLover This is a great idea!  Especially since the freebies with purchase tend to be repetitive.  I've gotten so many Marc Jacobs Daisy and Juicy Viva La Juicy.  

Also, I wish Sephora had more lipsticks/glosses as the freebies with purchase.  I rarely see them!  It's a shame, because you can get samples from the store of fragrance and skin care but can't take home lip products.  I've tried so many in the store only to purchase them and find the color looks so different at home, at work and in the car.

@SaltWaterLover I know Atelier Cologne offers sample vials for $3 each. My store only carries some of the core from their line, so if you wanted to try one of their other scents, going direct may be the way to go. I'm not sure if that was one of the fragrance lines you were looking at, but that is an option! 

Great suggestion! I'd totally take advantage of such a service through Sephora, since I've used and loved similar services through the perfumed court, surrender to chance, and the forementioned lucky scent sites.

I would love this! I'm one of the few that actually like the perfume samples over the skincare ones. 🙂

Yes!!!  I would love this.  For example, Lucky Scent offers 1ml samples, and they're usually $2-6

Honestly I think this would be a game changer for Sephora's fragrance sales.  Plus fewer returns when people just buy the whole scent to sample it and return it when they don't like it

Hi SaltWAterLover,

This is a great suggestion especially considering that some of our fragrances are only available online! I'll gladly pass this along to the appropriate department for future consideration 🙂 Thank you for sharing this with us!

Always,

Danee

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing