melde

OnTrac?

With my last few shipments I noticed that Sephora started using OnTrac for rouge free three day shipping. I don't like the OnTrac online tracking system because it doesn't list an estimated delivery date. So how am I supposed to know if my package is.... on track?

If anyone has any advice on how to fix this, I would love to hear it. :smileyhappy:

SnowxWhite

Re: OnTrac?

Sephora please switch back to UPS. Ontrac is horrible and has a horrible record of not updating tracking, lying about deliveries, and carelessness with packpackages from damage to complete loss. I would rather pay for shipping as a Rouge member than deal with Ontrac. I was very disappointed when I saw they would be delivering my package. Go back to a more trusted carrier, any one but Ontrac!

BrideSona

(0) Hearts

I'm with you. The last time ontrac delivered for two days they claimed to make delivery attempts at 9:30pm the first night, and at 10:45pm the second night before finally delivering the third day. Another time they claimed to have delivered a package when they had not. I hate having to deal with them. 

annypoo

(0) Hearts

same, I've had an incident where it said delivered but I never received the package. I called their CS and they said they will contact me back after they talk to the delivery person. Never called back. I also had another incident where I had a sign on my door stating to deliver all packages to the front office. They still left it at my door.

katiewa

What ended up happing with your order that was never received?  I recently had the same thing happen where Ontrac said it was delivered to my front door and I never received the package. I contacted Ontrac and they gave me the standard reply that they were "researching" it.  I called Sehpora customer service hoping they would be of help but they were just as bad.  The lady told me with a laugh it would take Ontrac at least 7 days to look into it and didn't even ask me for my name or order number.  I emailed Sephora with my complaint and they replied that Ontrac sent someone out to look into it and I should be hearing back from Sephora whether my order will be cancelled or reshipped.  It's been over a week now and no word from Sephora or Ontrac and two weeks since I actually placed the order...so much for the perk of 3 day shipping as a VIB Rouge member.  I expect this from Ontrac since I've had issues with them in the past but am extremely disappointed with Sephora's customer service or lack thereof.  

annypoo

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I would contact a mod on here in then customer service threads. They were able to help me out with my order in a timely manner. I also contacted OnTrac and they never got back to me like they said they would. Horrible service from them.

annypoo

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

UPS usually drops off my packages at the front office (I live in an apartment complex). OnTrac delivered it to my front door and my package is no where to be found. I checked with the front office and they didn't have it either. I called OnTrac's customer service and all they could tell me was what I already knew. They said they will check with the delivery person and call me back. Never called me back. Thanks for the update. Luckily, I contacted one of the mods on here and they took care of it. I now have a note on my door saying all packages must be left with the front office, but with my experience with OnTrac, I do not like it. At all. 

soulever

(0) Hearts

Your post gave me some hope.  I just an order and was horrified to see that the carrier would be OnTrac, aka "your package was delivered - but not in your city!!".   I'm anticipating that the order I just placed will likely also be mis-delivered, but if that is the case I will contact a mod here.  

With OnTrac as the carrier, it looks like I'm going to be doing a lot less shopping online. 

Pricette

(0) Hearts

I haven't ordered anything online from here since they switched to Ontrac.

Back in May, I ordered Prada Candy for Mother's day, about a week beforehand. I saw it was being shipped by Ontrac and after a quick Google search, felt super sick to my stomach.

Turns out my feeling was right. First of all, a  week after it shipped, it said it was out for delivery in Vancouver, WA. Well I live in Oregon, about an hour and a half south of Vancouver. Second of all, it said it'd been delivered already. Except, it hadn't been. It said it'd been delivered at 2:00 pm, which I knew was totally wrong as I'd been outside warming up my car to go to the store at 2:00. 

Called OnTrac and they explained that Vancouver was where their facility was, fair enough. They said that it was delivered and I told them that it wasn't. After a bit of back and forth on whether I was sure, they told me to call Sephora.

So then I called Sephora, who promptly marked the other package as lost, replaced my order for free, and gave me some points. Since Sephora can't sent lost packages to the same address, I had it sent to my grandma, who only lives a few minutes away.

My replacement came on time. Two days later, we saw that a plant in our courtyard had been knocked over. There was the first package. Not only was it almost two weeks late, they delivery guy threw it over our 6 foot fence.  

Since then, I've straight up refused to ever order online until Sephora stops using OnTrac. With as much money as I spend, I want my products to get here on time and in one piece. 

MK89

(0) Hearts

My orders have been slower and slower getting in, I really wish there was a warehouse on the West Coast :smileysad: I don't like this promise of "3 day shipping", when in reality it's always longer than that. Sometimes I've noticed the processing with Ontrac takes forever, even though shipping usually only takes 2 days from when they receive the package. My order from Tuesday has processed but still not shipped, which means I'll now have to wait to get it after the weekend!

unblownkisses

(0) Hearts

Has anyone else not been getting tracking numbers lately? 
That only happens for me when they come OnTrac (and not always...)
Between the lack of shipping info and the drivers, I never know if I have a package.

malday

(0) Hearts

This happened to me with my last order but it came UPS

guzelkiz

(0) Hearts

Yes.Lately when it's been ontrac I have gotten shipping  emails without tracking emails but I was able to see the tracking number when I log into my account on sephora.com

redtopper

OnTrac service is beyond horrible!!!  I'm so disappointed that Sephora is using them for delivery.  In my area, all of their reviews on Yelp scored 1 star out of 5.  They lost my Sephora order - couldn't find it anywhere.  So I reordered and finally received my package several days later than the promised delivery date.  The delivery van was a jumbled mess inside - it looked as though someone took it and shook it upside down.  The driver searched all over for my package and finally found it on the front seat of the van.  I never want to see another order delivered via OnTrac - ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tehprincessjenn

[ Edited ]

So how many people have actually called Sephora Corporate to complain? 

I actually have a mix of UPS, USPS and OnTrac. I haven't had any issues with OnTrac since my packages arrived undamaged. 

My OnTrac order was... on June 24 and it was for an Hourglass Primer and the VIBFRESH promo. 

My last UPS orders were on January 6- T3 Straightener and December 16- Guerlain foundation

USPS orders were for the Black Friday items with VIB Free shipping (1 time promo). 

I don't think there's a pattern though since the Primer was close in price to the Foundation. 

State: California. 

I do not like OnTrac as they seem to be low budget just running around in a white van pretty much. But then again, UPS and FedEx are conglomerates in the shipping world. Not counting government USPS. 

MK89

(0) Hearts

I once randomly got UPS but lately they've pretty much been OnTrac. They made the change for our area in the past few months I think

melde

(0) Hearts

I did mention it once when I called about another issue. However, I don't think the nice people who answer the phones at CS have much pull at the warehouse/in the logistics department, so I doubt it really mattered. :smileysad:

BrideSona

My last two packages were delivered by them. They were scheduled to deliver by end of day. It was 9:45pm and they still had not delivered. I called their customer service to find out if it was going to come or not. They wouldn't answer and told me to call sephora cs. But sephora cs is closed at 9pm (my time). So I just sat there disappointed that I wouldn't get my package till the next day. Then at 11:14PM they came! At night! Good thing I was still awake. Ugh....I don't like it when they are the delivery method.

bratknits

(0) Hearts

Delivering that late is flat out dangerous for the drivers and unnerving for the customers. 

melde

(0) Hearts

That is really creepy. :smileysad:

groder

OnTrac is absolutely horrible. I was so upset when I saw that my latest Sephora order was being delivered by them, instead of UPS. OnTrac literally throws packages against my door, rather than ring the bell. I work from home, and my office is right next to the front door so I hear the "thump" whenever OnTrac is the delivery service. I can't express how disappointed I was when I saw they were the couriers for my last Sephora package.

My UPS guy, by contrast, is courteous, respectful, and always smiles. I love seeing him! And I can say I've never returned a single Sephora item due to damage. I've returned two other items delivered through OnTrac (not from Sephora) that arrived broken--one was a piece of computer equipment. I hate them as a courier.

I may still order from Sephora, but I know it won't be as often or without huge misgivings. It's not worth the hassle and disappointment. Most of the items Sephora sells can be purchased elsewhere.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 69 replies
  • 73 hearts
  • 38 in conversation
    • kalex
    • itscarin
    • tehprincessjenn
    • malday
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • unblownkisses