melde

OnTrac?

With my last few shipments I noticed that Sephora started using OnTrac for rouge free three day shipping. I don't like the OnTrac online tracking system because it doesn't list an estimated delivery date. So how am I supposed to know if my package is.... on track?

If anyone has any advice on how to fix this, I would love to hear it. :smileyhappy:

sweetieeee

Re: OnTrac?

I agree!

i sen the guy from Ontrac toss my package then slightly kick it with his foot.

i was peeping through the door peep hole.

itscarin

I also don't like on trac.  My ups store moved about two blocks from it's previous location and on trac didn't deliver the package.  I know the old location has a sign up saying where the new location is, and obviously a change of address has been filed with the post office, but on trac wouldn't take the initiative to deliver it to the new location.  I called them and sephora for over a week to update the address and they never did.  Sucks for me because the person who sent me the birthday gift isn't going to send me anything now, and sucks for sephora because they're lost out on a $100 order.

bratknits

OnTrac pays by the piece.  They're being and have been sued several times for labor law violations.  This is what you get when you don't pay people a living wage.  

Mary92

Can't there be a vote on this or something-. - so sephora might be forced to switch back to UPS?!  Here we are spending our money on expensive products only to have it delivered by a crappy delivering service.  I don't like Ontrac one bit they make UPS look better. They left my package on my door step unattended and they take twice as long to deliver.

Why is it hard for them to drop it off at the managers office.   Thankfully I moved out of the old apt. I used to live at,  people would take packages even if it wasn't under their name.  Hopefully that never happens here.  PLEASE sephora switch back to UPS. I don't want to go back to worrying if my package will arrive like I did in the past.  

malday

Usually when I receive packages through Ontrac they are really good about delivery time (2 days max) and updating tracking, however that was when I'd order things through Amazon. Lately with my Sephora/Ontrac orders packages seem to take long to get here and tracking info is hardly updated :smileysad:

Ontrac works exclusively between West/Southwestern states no? I would have expected them to continue with quick delivery. Honestly these days I get packages much faster through USPS than any services like UPS, FedEx, Ontrac or DHL hah.

melde

(0) Hearts

My recent orders never "update" it always says that there has been some sort of error. So far they eventually arrive, luckily. I have been ordering from Sephora less, lately, because of this, though. :smileysad:

linda84

I really wish Sephora would stick to UPS. I hate OnTrac. The first time they delivered my package, they left my package on my driveway!! Anyone could have taken it. UPS always leaves it by my door near a fence like tower that covers the package so no one sees it until they get to the door. I am not on my second order, and I hope all goes well! I really am considering not ordering from Sephora online anymore because I do not like what I am reading about OnTrac. Sephora needs to take our experiences into consideration.

sp2001

ditto. I get legitimately bummed when I see it's assigned to Ontrac. They are forever changing their estimated arrival dates, just overall their business seems... antiquated

nightmaji

Ontrac and Sephora's relationship with them is terrible.  

Ontrac has lost 3 of my packages (one with sephora).  They are consistently rude, literally throwing the package at me without a word if I am home and NEVER leaving a doortag when I'm not (though they claim to).

Tried to call ontrac about my last sephora package (on hold for 20 minutes) and told promptly that Sephora forbade them from interacting with me.  Called Sephora and they call ontrac (on hold again for 15 minutes) before being told ontrac is too busy.  They refunded but never resolved the issue.  FYI this package said that it was delivered "left neighboring.." from the online site (because no door tag).  Where is that?  

I live in an urban area where you can't leave the package and there is no other secured area.  However Sephora refuses to let ontrac leave it at my local corner store (20 ft away) with a neighbor who lives above, owns and works in said store.  Because it's a business I'm not working at.  They won't leave it with this neighbor (who signs for all my packages from FedEX and UPS) that I know and trust but leave it to the driver to decide to leave it with whoever (ie. any neighbor in their residence) or any other old place.

Sephora's services are usually exemplary but Ontrac and their relationship with Ontrac has really tainted them in my eyes.  Never have these problems with Nordstroms, Ulta, Beauty.com, and others. 

melde

(0) Hearts

That is horrible! I'm sorry nightmaji!

Heatoyos1

I live in California, and the Sephora order that I placed at the end of April was delivered by Ontrac. 

I place an order on May 16, and it will be delivered by UPS (thank god!!!!) 

I wonder if Sephora received a lot of complaints about Ontrac, and switched back to UPS?

ilovebears

I think it just depends on what items are in your order, and which option is more economical for Sephora for each order.  I've had a couple orders arrive via OnTrac, and others via UPS.

Heatoyos1

I love bears, as well! Especially polar bear cubs, so cute! Love your screen name!

ilovebears

YES polar bears are my favorite :smileyhappy: :heart:

Heatoyos1

polar bear berlin zoo.jpggund bear polar 10.JPG

I'm crazy about the polar bear cubs at the Berlin zoo (I recently visited the San Diego zoo, but all of the polar bears were adults.) My boyfriend has some Gund Snuffles polar bears, and I think that they are the cutest!

Jazzy02

The day it ships just add two more days to it.

ilovebears

Since it's 3-day shipping, you add three days :smileyhappy:

pandy17

My last order I placed on May 6, it shipped on May 6, but wasn't delivered until May 13! I have never had an order take this long from Sephora in a very long time. I'm also rouge.

Now that this happen I have to say I will be nervous about any future order. I wasn't given any reason why it took so long. At first they were trying to say this could be normal. What! Even there own website says if you order by Tuesday your order will be here on Friday. This was also a Mother's Day gift too! Which I couldn't go to the store and buy another one then return the one shipped, because it wasn't available in the store! I So, I was totally embarrassed I didn't have a gift. Sephora  gave me some extra beauty points.

I'm in California, my package didn't have any hazard material. It came UPS, I have never had anything delivered by OnTrac, but if its going to take 6 days to get a package delivered from UPS, I would rather have OnTrac. Oh, and then my samples weren't even the ones I picked out, which I understand if they run out, but  they were still available online. But my question is why do they get replaced with mens product, I have never placed an order with a man's product.

Hopefully this doesn't happen again and it was a fluke. It seems like it has been a long time since we have had a rouge offer/promotion, does anyone know if there have been any rouge offers? I believe the last one was the bag of foils? Or the last one I saw...

melde

(0) Hearts

I'm pretty sure some of my orders have taken that long. They take a few days to leave the warehouse then "three" day shipping with OnTrac is sometimes 4 or so, so it can take a good week once you place your order. At this point I won't do flash on principle. :smileysad:

ilovebears

[ Edited ]

Oh no :smileysad:  I would have been very upset if this happened to me.  If your order shipped on May 6, it definitely should have arrived by May 9... or if it wasn't actually received by the shipper until May 7, then by May 12 at the latest :smileysad:

I think that sometimes the samples get substituted even if they are available online, since each warehouse has their own inventory of the samples.  Your sample might be available at a different warehouse than the one your order shipped from. :/  But it does seem like a waste to give out men's samples to women who won't use them.

starsandbucks

My latest order placed on 5/12/14 was just shipped by OnTrac (in CA) so they're still using it. Ugh!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 69 replies
  • 73 hearts
  • 38 in conversation
    • kalex
    • itscarin
    • tehprincessjenn
    • malday
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • unblownkisses