makeupobesessed

New website

Has anyone else tried the new website? It seems to have many new and better aspects but the BT site redirects to the old site on here...I wonder if they'll be integrated? My favorite is that ur able to see the 100 and 500 pt perks wo being eligible so at least you'll kow if they're worth it wo having to check out.
whigrose

Re: New website

I liked it ok at first, but I think ordering on the new beta site for the Chic sale messed up my beauty insider points!  Needless to say, I am very upset.  I ordered about $100 worth of makeup as a gift for my mom.  I also ordered about $50 for myself.  I decided I liked what I got for my mom so much, I ended up ordering it for me as well.  So, I spent about $250 in less than a week (though I am planning on returning 1 item).  Anyway, I logged onto the site to check my balance, and it tells me I need to spend $201 more to reach VIB!  Excuse me!  No.  I only need about $100 more thank you!  ($140 or so once I do my return).

I have now written to Sephora twice about the problem.  I'm really upset about it.  If I know for certain my BI points are $100-$150 off, I will return pretty much everything, buy the same stuff at Ulta (where I can go in person, unlike Sephora who has no local store near me), and I'll never order from Sephora again.  Still, I'm hoping they fix the problems.  I was really excited about being a VIB for the first time this year.  Only time will tell, as long as they don't wait too long so I can't do the returns.

keelybt

(0) Hearts

@Whigrose I am so sorry to hear that.  I will be happy to take a look at your account and send you a message with more information.

mrsl81

I love the new site and am excited about the ability to see if things are available in my local store!  I am a little bit disappointed that there are several items (~30) that have disappeared from my shopping list; in fact the shopping list that loaded this morning is from over a month ago.  I also looked at my recent purchas history and while my points are accurate there are some items that are missing.  Overall I love the new site and am excited to explore it!

oliviabt

(0) Hearts

mrsl81 wrote:

I love the new site and am excited about the ability to see if things are available in my local store!  I am a little bit disappointed that there are several items (~30) that have disappeared from my shopping list; in fact the shopping list that loaded this morning is from over a month ago.  I also looked at my recent purchas history and while my points are accurate there are some items that are missing.  Overall I love the new site and am excited to explore it!

So excited you're excited! I LOVE the store lookup too!

Regarding the shopping list, we are looking into some issues that have been reported here. There appears to be a delay with some of the data being migrated over so I suggest waiting it out a day or so to see if it updates. If not, you may need to re-add those items. Either way, I have sent this report to our IT department to look into further. Thanks for reporting, and please keep us posted if it updates!

XO,
Olivia
ran8

[ Edited ]

So far, not too bad.  Glad to see some of the bugs fixed.

When looking at threads in BT, the alignment is off for the row starting with the facebook fan fridays (even in full screen mode).  I would have used the Give feedback now if it worked for BT (works fine with the new sephora layout though).  Pictures below:

faceoffcenterbt.jpg

Other monitor view (full screen):

btalignment.jpg

Edit:  Seems to only be happening in Firefox.  The bar is aligned in Google Chrome.

janinebt

ran8 wrote:

So far, not too bad.  Glad to see some of the bugs fixed.

When looking at threads in BT, the alignment is off for the row starting with the facebook fan fridays (even in full screen mode).  I would have used the Give feedback now if it worked for BT (works fine with the new sephora layout though).  Pictures below:

faceoffcenterbt.jpg

Other monitor view (full screen):

btalignment.jpg

Edit:  Seems to only be happening in Firefox.  The bar is aligned in Google Chrome.

Thanks for the call out ran8 I'll be sure to pass this feedback along to the appropriate contacts. Glad to hear you're enjoying the new site!

Whimsically yours,
Janine
missjr

I visited the new site yesterday and again today and I am VERY impressed!  I love the focus on the "Color of the Year," as well as the new tutorial videos.  By the way, Gilbert is great!  Barely 2 seconds after wondering if this color is for me, I found an awesome feature that recommends products for individual users based on eye color, hair color and skin tone.  I was thrilled to see there are so many great options for dark-skinned women.  I can't WAIT to experiment with the different looks this summer!

Keep it up, Sephora! 

melissa77

I love the new website sooo much! It's much more clean, modern, and fresh looking than the old version is. Plus everything is laid out in a better way, not so clunky and weird. 

I feel like the photos and the suggestions are better along with how it handles details like the GWP, the samples, and all that stuff. 

oliviabt

melissa77 wrote:

I love the new website sooo much! It's much more clean, modern, and fresh looking than the old version is. Plus everything is laid out in a better way, not so clunky and weird. 

I feel like the photos and the suggestions are better along with how it handles details like the GWP, the samples, and all that stuff. 

Thanks so much for the kind words, melissa77! Glad you like it! :heart:
XO,
Olivia
makeupobesessed

Does anyone know when the new website will take over?
dianabt

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi makeupobessed, 

The full launch is coming soon! :smileyhappy: Very exciting! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
marinaanne147

I have been checking out and using the new site as well and I must say that it is AMAZING. So beautifully done. And when Beauty Talk is added to it, it'll be even better! Great job, Sephora! Looking forward to 2 weeks from now!

missjr

I just noticed that the items from my shopping list didn't transfer over to the new website.  Instead, there's a wish list that is empty and it appears that I will have to start from scratch.  Is there any way this glitch can be fixed before the official launch?

oliviabt

missjr wrote:

I just noticed that the items from my shopping list didn't transfer over to the new website.  Instead, there's a wish list that is empty and it appears that I will have to start from scratch.  Is there any way this glitch can be fixed before the official launch?

Good catch! The lists will be transferred for full launch. Thanks for your input and patience in the meantime!

XO,
Olivia
dianabt

Thank you everyone for the feedback!

@missjr, I'll send you a message to see what we can do :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lizzytotoro

I really like the new Sephora website! I think it looks a lot more sleek and elegant than the old site. However, I have run into some glitches with it - i.e. not being able to see what the sample options are (is it just me?) and having trouble logging on (once again, could be my computer). Thanks!

oliviabt

lizzytotoro wrote:

I really like the new Sephora website! I think it looks a lot more sleek and elegant than the old site. However, I have run into some glitches with it - i.e. not being able to see what the sample options are (is it just me?) and having trouble logging on (once again, could be my computer). Thanks!

Lizzytotoro - Don't forget we have a special phone line for Beta questions: 866-977-3836. Please give us a ring if you are still unable to login.

XO,
Olivia
kalex

I placed an order on the Beta site the day I received the invite!  Besides some issues I noticed while shopping (I couldn't find the Betsey Johnson polish to name one), the checkout process was great.  I received my order today though and was disappointed to find that none of my free samples were included with the rest of my stuff.  They product names for what I chose are listed on my Order Form but there is ** in place of the UPC number.  I'm guessing the asterisks are the issue. 

Just wanted to let everyone know!  I'm not going to place another order on the Beta site until all the bugs are worked out - I like my free samples!

dianabt

@kalex oh no! I'll send you a message to follow up on those missing samples. :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lowrah

There should be a section for VIB promos!:smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 60 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • oliviabt
    • keelybt