Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

New Canadian Distribution Center: FAQs

We are excited to announce that as of this past weekend, we have started shipping to Canadian addresses from our new warehouse in Canada. By being able to ship directly within Canada, our clients will receive many new benefits, including faster processing and delivery times, elimination of duty charges and the addition of new brands and items to our Canadian product assortment. If there are certain favorites that appear to be out of stock, try searching for the product by name; in some cases the product item number for the product may just be different now. For other products that no longer appear on the site, we apologize that this is due to language compliance on packaging that is required to adhere to by law in order to ship within Canada. Please continue to check back as these products may become available again in the future.

Q: What are some of the brands that have been removed?
A: SK-II, select Murad, Peter Thomas Roth, and Kate Somerville acne and SPF products are not available for now, but we are working hard with all our brands to get their packaging Canada compliant so that we can offer them to you in the future.

Q: Which brands have been added?
A: We recently added shu uemera and Biotherm.

Q: Why are some brands no longer available on Sephora.ca but available in store?
A: Depending on the region, some Canadian stores may be able to carry these brands due to French language compliance. Store assortment is not affected. Please contact your store directly for specific product availability.

Q: How do I find out if Sephora.ca still carries the products I love?
A: Search by the product name as the product item number (that is used in your basket or love list) may have changed.

Q: Will I still be able to get early access or limited edition products and promotions?
A: Yes! We are working hard to get the hottest launches that are available and compliant for our Canadian clients.

Q: How much faster will I get my Sephora orders?
A: Much faster! Because we are now shipping from Canada, you save the time between our US distribution center to Canada.

Q: Do I still have to pay duty on my orders?
A: No duties are charged now that we’re delivering from Canada.

Q: What about returns?
A: If you aren’t happy with your products, returns are now free!

Q: Will this move affect my BI points?
A: Yes, actually. Your BI points on Sephora.ca will now be allocated based on the CAD list price, vs the USD price.

Re: New Canadian Distribution Center: FAQs

And ours is mostly nail polish at that.

Old stock nail polish at that

Hi, I am wondering about the value sets that we received an email about 10 days ago.  Specifically the Kat Von D Chrysalis Palette Set, there isn't even an icon to email when available but the products are available separately.  Will we get access to these value sets?

I am also wondering about the KVD Palette Set!
As well as the Tarte Full Face of Gorgeous Color Collection, Tarte Sculpt and Glow Radiant Essentials, and Bobbi Brown Nude Basics Value Sets. 

I emailed Sephora, but the response I received felt like a generic auto reply to any questions regarding the new Canadian changes since they didn't really answer my question. 😞

I think I probably got the same reply for my email attempt.  I guess we just keep watching? I am going to go into a new Sephora store tonight, maybe they will have it in store! Or know if it will be coming in.

Is Urban Decay still going to be sold in British Columbia Sephora stores?!?

Hi Randee,

I hope Sephora Canada steps up their game. The fact that we Canadians were not given a heads up about this change lost Sephora money. When so many Canadians would have stocked up on items that would no longer be available to us Sephora lost out. I myself placed a 780.00 with Nordstroms for a bunch of Laura Mercier products because I was not sure if this was a new thing coming in that LM products could not be shipped to Canada. So my point is how many other Canadians went elsewhere. It makes no sense to me on a business sense.

Further more with the lack of brands we are now not able to get it is now worth it for other to shop online with other retailers that offer much better deals on a regular basis such as Murale with their 20.00-30.00 card offered with only a 100.00 in purchases or even when The Bay has great deals on as well.

The fact that the Canadians are shafted out of the special offers is another thing as well. We all remember that big mess from not too long ago.

I really hope Sephora ups their game and starts caring about their Canadian customers. Perhaps Sephora could learn from Target.Target was another company that treated their Canadian customers less than par with cheap items and not stocking the stores with the same as the U.S and wondered why they could not make a go of it here.

Please Sephora start listening to your Canadian customers!

agreed!

Yeah you forgot that most of the promos and old point perks no longer work.

Why weren't we given a heads up about these changes? A warehouse just doesn't happen overnight. Even an announcement with a loose timeframe would have sufficed, ie, stating end of June/early July. The lack of communication from Sephora is troubling. 

I 100% agree with the girls above! I really do appreciate the point system being changed and some of the change outcomes do seem positive, but unfortunately I wish the entire change was communicated earlier. A heads up is much better than being blind sided. This change was going to be implemented, but dang Sephora.

Was there a reason this wasn't communicated up until now?

Exactly. Instead of making this post now, if they had made it a couple of weeks ago and had given us clear picture of what will not be available to Canadians anymore,,,I am sure many of us had bought backups for our Staples.

I agree with this!

As well, giving us a heads up would have ultimately benefited Sephora because many Canadians would have placed large orders for items knowing they may no longer be available to us.

Hee hee - I was just thinking this. I'd have probably gone to Sunday Riley town. 🙊

Just a quick FYI. You may want to change your flashing promo banners under the header bar on the Canadian site. You're advertising codes (ie. JulyFour - pick one of three samples) that we have no access to. 

MDSolarSciences is no longer available on the Canadian site but isn't listed in your brand exclusions above, is it going to be added in at a later date or is it in fact also no longer available for Canadians?

i think Canada is more strict with the labelling laws, especially with SPF products. Products must get approved before being able to sell in the Canadian market. I think once MDSolarScience gets their products approved, they will be able to sell it again through Sephora.ca .

Yeah but I haven't heard anything from Sephora themselves about it

So we are excluded from Becca Champagne Pop limited edition, why is that?

They're saying it will be available later today but no time has been given.

This is crap. 

2 Replies
Photos1
  • sephora.jpg
testing