violalea

Missing deluxe sample and wrong 1 out of 3 small sample

[ Edited ]

Hi,

My order just came and i used the code MOISTURIZE and I was supposed to get a full size Origins A Perfect World SPF 25 Age-Defense and instead I received a tiny 0.24fl. oz. My ordered missed the deluxe item for one thing, the worse part was its a tiny sample not even a deluxe size. I honestly made this order because of the code MOISTURIZE. Also, for the 1 out of 3 samples I also got a wrong one but I do know that sometimes substitutions may occur when samples are out of stock.

I am very disappointed with the missing deluxe sample. 

serioustree

Re: Missing deluxe sample and wrong 1 out of 3 small sample

(0) Hearts

Another one of my orders came in, only two samples the mascara and Bumble & Bumble shampoo/cond, no lipgloss again.

...blahhhh

ginger304

(0) Hearts

happens to me all the time.dont mind so much when it is just the smaller samples but when its the ones that you have to spend so much to get free and you don't get it I get really pissed off.seems to be more often then not too.the only Sephora I have by me is in jc penny and their samples suck.but I do so love when the ups guy pulls up in front of my house(at least 2x per month from Sephora) so what can you do??

serioustree

Yeah, I totally made an order for the samples--not even the deluxe sample, for the BUXOM lipgloss that was on there last week. 

When it came in yesterday, GUESS WHAT. The foldy paper thing was there but NOT THE LIPGLOSS. WTHECKKKKKK. 

I know it was small but it ruined my day. I hope to never have my items packed by that person again. 

carrierose

I think I got your lipgloss, I didn't get the paper part.  I was actually shocked to get it after all the people saying they didn't get theirs.

violalea

yep, I ordered because of the deluxe sample and the lip gloss sample but guess what I DID NOT GET THE LIP GLOSS EITHER. I got a Guerlain foundation in this order and also my last order. SO DISAPPOINTED. But it was just 1 out of 3 samples so I did not say anything but today missing deluxe sample and got a different sample instead of the lip gloss.

mkupgk

I got a deluxe smashbox primer in replace of a foil packet.  I guess they ran out of stock.

buzzbee3

(0) Hearts

Yep same here! I got a sample of powder foundation no where near my skin color :smileysad:  I soooo wanted to try that lip gloss!

dianabt

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi everyone, 

Promo codes are good only while supplies last and we cannot guarantee that any of the promo codes posted in an ongoing thread will still be active or in stock. We advise that you proceed with caution before using an older promotional code and encourage you to view our list of current and active codes here>

http://www.sephora.com/beauty-weekly-specials?mediaId=11000020

Thank you for your understanding!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
sephoralovex

Did you check everywhere in the box? Made sure it wasn't under anything? I'd be disappointed. Could've at least given you a different sample. I chose that one too as one of my 3 sample choices. My package should be here tomorrow so I hope I get mines.

serioustree

You know, I was afraid that would happen so I specifically put the box and paper on my table and CAREFULLY UNFOLDED everything. Got nothing. I was really bummed. I wouldn't have minded if it was substituted but to just give me an empty? wthey man. 

violalea

sephoralovex,

I did check and nothing. I just went to the Haul page and someone used the code and received the full size Origin. So no, if I was able to put in the code then I should have got the full size. I wanted to use   other 4 codes as well but MOISTURIZE was my first choice. 

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Aww that's terrible! I've had a sample substitution where I wanted the kit with Dior mini-lipstick but it was out so I got a BM kit with a purple/grey lip gloss. There was once that I thought they forgot to put in a sample, but it turns out it was suck/buried in the packaging instead of together with the rest in the middle, so maybe check your packaging? Otherwise, good luck. =(

violalea

nope it was missing. So a Beauty advisor messaged me and said sorry for the glitch, the code was last year and they system should have not allowed me to use the code and gave me 100 points. I would still prefer my deluxe sample instead of 100 points. I have a ton of them. But I guess something better than nothing.

miabt

Hi Violalea,

While I know that there is currently an "Active Promo Codes" thread floating around Beauty Talk, we always suggest visiting our Promotions Page on Sephora.com here> http://bit.ly/LJ26em, as these are our current promos.  The Active Promo Thread is not reliable & lists older promotions.  I apologize for the confusion!  I'll check with the other mods, but if the lists posted by community members cause problems with missing items in other client orders, we may have to remove it :smileysad: 

xo, Mia

violalea

(0) Hearts

And no please if you guys are not happy with me voicing my opinion here, I will not be doing it anymore. But please do NOT remove the code list, I dont want other ladies have to suffer because of the mistake your system caused in the first place.

violalea

Yes, roxystar4 has just replied and she said she used the MOISTURIZE code last Friday and received the full size and I believe I ordered last Thursday or Friday as well. So please dont blame on the old code. If the system allowed me to put in the code, I should have received the promised deluxe item. 

violalea

(0) Hearts

miabt,

Someone on the haul page used the code last week and received the full size Origins.

roxystar4

@violalea maybe it has to do with where we are located in the country?  Like the warehouse that is near me had a few but maybe the warehouse near you didnt?  

miabt

(0) Hearts

I completely understand your frustration!  Old promos do have limited/low stock, which is why we no longer promote them, so it is highly possible that between the last time it was used & now, it was no longer available.  Thanks for clarifying!

sephoralovex

[ Edited ]

I agree, when using older promo codes you're basically taking a risk.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 32 replies
  • 26 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • ginger304
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • carrierose
    • dianabt