jennypenny1995

Free samples

Although I'm a VIB Rouge, I feel I'm probably speaking for many shoppers of Sephora with this post.  Currently, 9 of the 12 free samples with orders is a fragrance sample.  Please, Sephora, please stop making so many of our choices limited to 1 product category.  I'm being really blunt when I say "It's overpowering."  Thank you.

snowshoe

Re: Free samples

(0) Hearts

I think they're pimping the fragrances because of the upcoming February promotion.  That being said, I agree with you--it'd be nice if their sample pony had more than one trick.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

But, even with a promo coming, it's wise to remember that not all your customers are fragrance people.  ; )

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Here's an idea: Sephora, I have personally bought more than 1 lipstick/gloss because of samples that I'd gotten from an order (ex: 2 YSLs that cost WAY more than I'd normally spend all because the samples were THAT convincing).  Why not give us color samples to choose from and then give us travel size options of skin care every so often?

jojobe

There were good selections for the last few days and I think with the sudden influx of orders (due to that wonderful promo) that they just stick in what they already have stock # 's for and fragrances are usually plentiful. I remember those awful foundation samples too! OMG ... it was like here is a dab, hope you like it to color match. That is about all they were good for. It's not as bad as the first of the year there were 10 mens cologne and 2 women's. That was bad. I am sure in the next week or so they will update with more diverse selection. 

iheartfishapods

(0) Hearts

Pretty bad, it really needs to change ASAP

daeidre

I don't use many if any of the samples myself. I find most of the skincare samples wouldn't really be useful to me, and if they are, they're not large enough to really judge how a product goes. Foundation is useless, it's always far too dark. So I kind of like getting fragrance samples because it's a lot easier to pawn them off to friends. And, you know, if there is a fragrance I'd actually wear/try, that's pretty handy too.

tracygirl64

(0) Hearts

Couldn't agree more. I haven't selected any free samples the last couple of times that I have ordered. They have mostly been all fragrances, and the other items have been crap loaded with bad chemicals in them.

Titian06

I'd rather there be a mix of products.  Fragrances are a migraine trigger for me, so I will never select a fragrance to sample unless I'm getting it for someone else.

I'm also allergic to Vitamin A derivatives, so that limits my choices even further.  I don't expect Sephora to cater to me; this is just an example of why a mix of products would be a good idea.  These two issues already narrow my "playing field" considerably.  :smileysad:

princesskat17

I know the 3x points is coming up on fragrance, but I feel like this happens to me all the time. I really don't need any more fragrance samples!

shoppiturt

I don't actually mind fragrance samples. If I use any sample at all, it will probably be a fragrance one. My issue is that the samples are usually the same ones I've seen a million times. I'd love to see more variety in that respect. >_<

AllyKatVA

(0) Hearts

Amen! It does not make me want to rush out and order, I have too many as it is!

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

I feel ya! it seems though as if your lucky to find anything other then  a perfume sample!

NurseCupcake

Sometimes when I'm ready to make a purchase I'll put items in my shopping cart and wait and stalk the website until there are other samples than the fragrance ones. I have a TON of fragrance samples. I'm trying to get through them. I think the problem with the 3 free ones is they don't really have anything interesting or worth trying or that I haven't tried already. 

kalex

[ Edited ]

They tend to go in spurts with the sample selection.  Awhile back we were in foundation samples up to our ears and now it's fragrance.  I can't remember what was going on promo-wise with the foundation samples, but I'm betting all the fragrances are because of 3x points on fragrance purchases next month.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • kalex
    • jojobe
    • tracygirl64
    • jennypenny1995
    • princesskat17
    • Titian06