veronika23

Equal treatment

So I was coming on here today after a very good day of shopping.  I wanted to share what I got and tell everyone what wonderful service I received.  (Shout out to Jason at the Rideau Centre, Stephanie at the Bayshore Centre and Brad on the rouge line). So going through the posts I see a nail polish on sale.  Wow 5$ US must be like 7$ Canadian.  Super good deal awesome color.  Switch over to the Canadian site and what... it's full price!!!  This isn't the first time this happens.  Canadians are being treated differently all the time and well I wouldn't mind if it's one thing or two but it just keeps piling on!  I'm tired of hearing we are working on it, our marketing team is aware blah blah blah. So if you are working on it find something to accommodate the customer in the meantime... this can't happen very often.  That's what good customer service is.  I'm not talking about adding points.  I'm talking about finding a way to give the sell price!  I'm sorry about this rant but all I want is fair and equal treatment.  If both sites carry the product it should be on sale on both sites.  And this is just one of many things that is frustrating about being a Canadian client. 

fhgarman

Re: Equal treatment

I know it is terribly frustrating for Sephora's Canadian customers. It's just not right. I also have seen the frustrated posts on FB. Sephora has always been known as a international company. All promotions, programs, gifts, sales and events should be the same for shoppers in both countries. As a Canadian-born Canadian & American citizen living in the States, it seems ridiculously unfair that Canadian shoppers don't get treated the same. I want my beautiful cousins and Aunt in Canada to have the same pleasant and fair Sephora experiences we have here. I do hope that Sephora senior management reads these forums and takes them seriously.

veronika23

I sure hope so too.  You wanna know the best part?  Looks like they have a marketing team IN Canada.  In Montreal, QC! I thought everything was in the states... I have no idea who's doing what but give me the job and I'll turn it around.  I'll fight for the customers!

Nicrohr

I had a really friendly and good experience overall in store today too, at Somerset Mall in Troy, MI :smileyhappy:.  I thought that was nice given the sale craziness.  Everyone was extra friendly and there were a lot of staff on hand; plus, people are starting to recognize me on sight, which is just kinda nice (sounds snotty when I say it that way, it's not, it's just nice that there's some benefit to being a Sephora junkie, as the official Rouge thing is none too exciting).

Only hiccup was there was a lot of confusion at the register, how to ring, how to use the sale code -- and then I was told by one SA there was a VIB/Rouge gift sample bag prepared... then someone else told me no, then someone else told me yes... and eventually it was yes and I got it.  But that was after like 6 SAs talked about it for 5 minutes behind the register.  And I never would have known except one of the SAs that helped me said I should ask for it bc they had them for VIBs.  But no biggie, and I got the bag, woohoooo -- several awesome samples including the PTR Oiless!  :smileyvery-happy:  Bonus, worth going in to the store.  I also got the large sephora tote with lips.

Thanks!

Nicrohr

P.S. I guess I am way off topic, I just saw your nice comment about having good service and good shopping today and it set me off :smileywink:.

I wish all our Canadian friendies better policies!!!

veronika23

No it's ok to share your good story :smileyhappy: Glad you had a good experience! I was just disappointed because there's always something you know. It's frustrating. lol :smileywink:

veronika23

Well I'm glad I have BT and met wonderful people here.  Thanks Brat!  You are one of a kind! :smileywink:

SydBristow

Veronika, your previous posts have really opened my eyes to some of the frustrations you have to deal with, it's not fair. :smileysad: I'm so sorry you and others have to deal with it and I hope it's able to get resolved soon! 

One of the sites I got some great sale items at I checked to see what their international policy was and they don't even ship outside the US. :smileysad: it's a little extra paperwork to ship but I don't see why some of these places don't open their business to whole new markets! 

Tayvm

I don't quite understand it either.  Sephora isn't the only chain store to do it though.  I guess I'm close enough to the border that I could shop in the US but I haven't been across the border in years. 

glossyguru

It really isn't fair :smileysad:

veronika23

yeah it's not just the sale items (this happened before) but you guys have contests that most of the time we can't get our hands on, other promos, the websites aren't the same... I have to go in the US website to get access to BT, points when we buy on-line are in US currency not Canadian currency so apparently we have to call after every order to get it fixed (man I be missing some points...) I don't receive the catalogs anymore, we weren't offered flash shipping, we can't receive or send e-mail gift cards, we can't use gift cards on the website, other promo codes we can't use on the website.  The 20% off on-line is new for Canadians as of this year... list goes on... It feels like the American customers are more valued and all I want is equal and fair treatment.

rikkie

Having grown up in Canada, I 100% get it. I agree, it's SO frustrating how many places just don't ship to Canada at all, or else there are absurd fees or crazy high spend amounts to get free shipping if they do sell to Canadians at all. 

The thing is that we (Canadians) are not equal. No matter if you are a better customer than most US customers, it still makes more sense from a business standpoint for Sephora and all the big US companies to focus on the US side of things. Even if they had every single person in Canada (~30 million) spending to become VIB (and how likely is that?), the market in the US is so much bigger that you can make more sales without even trying very hard, you know? They are more valued because it's a bigger, better market with more competition. :smileysad:

veronika23

I know I know.  But still.  They have no problems setting up shop here... All the big American retailers come here but some we still don't get the same treatment.  I was told today by a Sephora employee that the market is actually very good for Sephora in Canada right now since we haven't been hit by the recession as bad... but I know we are way less people... It just sucks because we spend too.  Any customer that spends money in a store should be treated equally... That's probably why I like small family owned businesses so much... You know that your business means something to them!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 30 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • veronika23
    • rikkie
    • glossyguru
    • fhgarman
    • SydBristow
    • Nicrohr