Dont like change....

makeupobesessed

Dont like change....

It's going to take me a while to get used to this new forum.  I'm not one for change,  it does have some good features but I'm finding it a little hard to navigate.  Anybody else think good or bad?overall, I think I'll find it to be a good thing once I get used to it.

lylysa

Re: Dont like change....

Big downer, I can't post from my phone anymore! I'm not on an actual desktop all too often, so when I'm at home or during nights and checked in the forum before I could respond on my browser on my phone, but I tried to respond this weekend and nothing worked. Not the forum or personal messages! :smileysad:

prettyinpa

I'm shocked (though not surprised) that the new site doesn't work on phones! I thought that because I was using a Mac that I was having trouble, but to not work on a phone is pretty strange. I think this new site is a big failure and Sephora needs to restore the old format. I spent very little time on here all weekend, my house is a lot cleaner, but I sure miss the fun. lol

lylysa

Before on the old set up I had a few issues with personal messages not allowing me to punctualize or capitalize any of my messages, but at least I could still write a message. The laptop I have is a Mac, so if you're having trouble I wonder what I'll run into.

beautylovingirl

This whole lay out is just bad!:smileysad: It's so hard to look at anything I wish they would of concentrated more on the things that really needed to be changed and left beauty talk alone!

lylysa

Oh yeah, does anyone else not really favor the "click here to see your response" addition after posting? I feel like that's just one more screen that's not needed, compared to the old forum where after you post it loads the page with your answer.

kimmi1115

I feel kind of lost on here now.  It looks like some replies are out of order, too.  I've played around with the display settings, but it isn't helping much.  The descending replies can start to look like a tangled mess, and some may get overlooked. 

Personally, I thought the old layout (one reply after another) was fine and easier to read.  The new one is just as confusing as the discussion forums I had to use for my online classes!  I can see the purpose for replying to certain replies, but it wasn't that hard to type certain usernames.  

babybear04

I used to be so happy everytime I logged into BeautyTalk, and now I'm just sad!! I keep forgetting about the changes, and everytime I log in I'm like aw man! this sucks. please sephora go back to your old ways!

anaa

I don't have time to navigate around, but I agree with Pretty in PA.  Why the change?

ChicDabbler

Well, the Sephora website went through an overhaul but BeautyTalk didn't, so for a while BeautyTalk section look very disconnected with the rest of Sephora site. I think the new style and avatars are chic-er, but the user interface part is less convinient, especially the front page, and access to other parts within profiles.

Does anyone else find the tiny teeny reply box annoying?

prettyinpa

Yess!!! I have trouble proofreading because it's so teeny. My spelling and typing is bad enough that I really need to proof before pushing reply. Please Sephora, have pity on us who wear glasses already, give us a bigger box and bigger type already!

prettyinpa

[ Edited ]

I'm having even worse problems- my pages load very oddly!  The whole page loads as one column, so I have to do a ton of scrolling even to get to the sign in box! I have an up to date browser (Camino 2.1.2, which is Firefox for Macs) and it doesn't work on that browser, or Safari either. My computer is somewhat older, granted, and I can't update to the newest OS for that reason, but I'm not going to get a new computer just to post on Beauty Talk! ULTA's website works just fine for me, as do all the other forums I participate in, I just don't see why Sephora has to keep doing these website changes that make it impossible for me to participate!

I also miss being able to look at my older posts, I often just copy an old post into a new question so the person gets a good answer, even if I've already used it. (It seems like a lot of the questions are repetitive, though I feel that the person still deserves an answer). If I have to rewrite all my old answers, it's for sure that I'm not going to do it. I'm with Beautytester and Sephoramusthave, if things are this difficult, I'm not going to be on here much either. BT should be fun, not a challenge! Granted, Sephoraadmin2 has written me that the IT department is working on this, but I don't see why they can't return to the old format until they get the bugs worked out. (Just my opinion here).

drrragon

hey all, does anyone know where to find your bookmarked threads?  I noticed that we can choose to bookmark specific threads and I've bookmarked a few, but now I can't find the place to list all my bookmarks!

beautylovingirl

@prettyinpa- I think all of us feel the same way. You would think with all the top contributors feeling the same it would make a difference. The admin2 wrote the same thing to me.

waterbaby1981

Not liking it at ALL.  Way too hard to navigate, which is bad for how many of us are on here.  It no longer looks like a clean, streamlined forum, which is going to make it hard for a lot of us to reply to threads.

lylysa

I agree about it looking more like a blog. Blog formats are fine...for blogs, forums need to have a bit more structure to them because it's not just one person who runs it all and see multiple comments from multiple people.

prettyinpa

Hey, does anybody else notice that there have been much fewer posts in the last few days? Could this be that everyone is having a lot of trouble with the *new* site?

beautylovingirl

How do you tell who's hearted your post I can see everyone else's heart except the one's given to me?

prettyinpa

The only way I've found to see who hearted your post is to go to your profile page and look for the most recent addition(s) to your list of "received hearts from" column. I miss that feature too :smileysad:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I'm seriously hoping the heart feature comes back soon.:smileysad:

lylysa

Yeah, I totally miss that feature too!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

They have to add that feature back this is driving me crazy!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 70 replies
  • 156 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • cocobella
    • corrin99
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • maltipoo66
    • anaa