makeupobesessed

Dont like change....

It's going to take me a while to get used to this new forum.  I'm not one for change,  it does have some good features but I'm finding it a little hard to navigate.  Anybody else think good or bad?overall, I think I'll find it to be a good thing once I get used to it.

prettyinpa

Re: Dont like change....

Nope, I can't see my hearts yet either. Ahh, that was one of the fun things about spending time on here, seeing who gave you hearts and how many views your post got. I have no idea why those features would have been removed.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I don't know but the old forum was alot better.

cocobella

I totally feel you, but I feel like we might give them a little time? I hasn't even been a week yet since they made the changes. If they say they're working on it I'm sure they are. (Compared to Facebook, where if you ask them about something after a change who knows long it takes for them to get back to you!)

lylysa

I'm finding it more and more difficult to navigate through because rather than have the most currently created threads show up on the main page, the main page now shows the threads that just have the most recent responses. I'm seeing threads from 2011 being sprung up, granted sharing information and updates is helpful, but I highly doubt anyone who made a thread in 2011 is constantly checking up on it in 2012 going into 2012.

This is flooding the main page with old threads that frequent forum users are responding to in a sense "dead" threads as opposed to being able to help the most current topic where the poster may still be online and looking for answers to.

kimmi1115

I haven't really browsed the makeup categories due to the flood of "dead" threads.  I can understanding reviving a thread that enables a discussion of a topic among everyone, but I don't think there's a need to revive a one question topic that may already have a bunch of answers to.

After the update, it looked like some older threads appeared before any users provided an updated reply.  

prettyinpa

@lylysa-  Yeah, I noticed that I was responding to posts from 2011!  I am reduced to checking when a reply has been posted to tell what's new, it's so frustrating because it is a big job to dig through a post with more than a few replies. Have you noticed any new improvements with the site?  It seems like nothing has changed for nearly a week. :smileysad:

beautylovingirl

@prettyinpa- I know if I see one more post from 4-2011 I'm gonna scream there's nothing new to respond to and I'm not digging thru over a years post to reply or comment. And no nothing has changed at all in a week!

corrin99

I like using larger letters and colors to split up sections for easier reading and now it's not an option, boooo.  I also like to see who hearts my posts and see how many views, that's why this page makes me feel good.  So it would be great if the moderators could look into our issues.

Apocalyptica

I'm not really a fan of the new layout. It's not that I don't like change, I like it when it's for the better. This layout seems much harder to read and follow for me. I've actually found myself coming to the forums less and less recently because of it. It almost hurts my eyes in a weird way. :smileysad:

glamournut

ok. I guess I have a response after playing around for a bit. Mine does show up as one long column. Also, I think giving hearts is a lot harder. I have had to click several times to get a heart to take. Again, thank you for listening to us!

sephoramusthave

I dont know if this was said, the responses are not in order and I dont want to read through everything backwards or out of order, but the color thing doesnt work. I highlighted my words in purple and posted it, and it came out black.

beautytester----Thank you so much for the link! Makes my life a lot easier!

kimmi1115

My responses are not in order either!  The crazy response pattern I have been seeing lately makes a Sudoku puzzle look easy (and I hate sudoku puzzles).  

It also looks like some topics "disappeared."  I looked for the What are You Wearing Today thread, and I didn't see it.  I'll see if I can find it today.

prettyinpa

LOL, a Sudoku puzzle!  I find it like doing my taxes, I'm constantly flipping backward and forward trying to follow the track of what's going on!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

I've been flipping back and forth as well.  So far, I'm not a fan of the individual responses to each post.  It only gets cluttered up after a while.  

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

It's a pain, but you can sort the posts within a message/question "by thread" or "linear". If you choose linear, it goes from earliest to latest. I find the limited sorting choice and the fact there's only page link on the bottom a pain, but that's at least some sort of order.

Fix the front page!! Fix the user profile!! I don't care how pretty it looks, it's chaos as long as those 2 remain a mess.

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

The choices are a pain.  I thought Facebook Timeline was annoying when it first came out, but I've changed my mind now.  

Have you played around with the different display views from your settings yet?

lowrah

(0) Hearts

It's aesthetically pleasing, but confusing as well. It will take me a little while to get used to it.

I do like that recent posts pop up to the top. I didn't like having to dig around to see which posts were updated on the old version.

I don't like how the posts on a thread are backwards. It should be in chronological order.. but again, the old version there would be posts that got bumped up too.

I also like being able to reply without hitting "reply" on a message.

sephoraadmin2

Hi ladies! I wanted to come on and say thank you all for your feedback. We realize change is hard and can be jarring, but we're working hard to make this a great experience. I am personally keeping a running list of all of your feedback here, and what you've sent me in private messages, and we are taking ALL of it into account. This is the just the beginning, there are changes and updates still being made, and we are working to bring back some of your favorite features. So please keep the feedback coming. I promise you, we're listening!

Best,

Candace

BeautyTalk Community Manager

glamournut

I agree, thank you for listening to us! I was kind of shocked to come on here today and see the changes. In a weird way, it reminds me of facebook a little. So far, I am not sure whether I like it or not...but I know I will get used to it.

kimmi1115

I absolutely agree with lylysa.  It is so nice how you all are taking the feedback from the users into account.  Not many sites would do that.

lylysa

You and the Sephora team here are so receptive and welcoming, Candace! It's really comforting and reassuring to have admins and mods interact with us to make us feel connected and all on the same page. Changes can always feel uneasy, but the fact that the Sephora team makes everyone feel like they have a voice and should use it is what makes us able to all grow and continue to prosper here! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 70 replies
  • 156 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • cocobella
    • corrin99
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • maltipoo66
    • anaa