tessie84

Coupon codes should be considered different from promo codes

It's ridiculous that we can't use our coupon codes as well as a promo code on Sephora's website. They should consider a coupon separate from a free promo item otherwise you have to choose between a discount or a promotional item (which may entice me enough to buy the full item if it's a deluxe sample). Ridiculous. I can't imagine I'm the only one upset by this...

kbmatthews

Re: Coupon codes should be considered different from promo codes

(0) Hearts

I genuinely hope Sephora employees read this and take the initiative to change this, because there's no excuse for not impmementing multiple promotion use, like many other sites do.

starsandbucks

Not having stackable codes in 2014 makes me batty. There's no excuse for a site like sephora. For an indie mom and pop site I'd look the other way. But this? Come on! These are the kind of details that lose you customers. Truly. Sephora has GOT to keep up with the times and having a tent at Coachella ain't cutting it. Maybe spend that money fixing your web site!

Biedazzle

I definitely agree. I missed out on a few samples that I might have bought later if I ended up loving them but I wanted my 15% off! Victoria's Secret allows you to have 3. I wish Sephora would follow their lead. Especially for VIB and Rogue. I mean it's pretty obvious we all are well worth it with what we're spending!

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

It Would be great.  Give us a spot for a promo code & another for a coupon code Which we can use for the #=% off or free shpiping (for those not Rouge).  I agree that the entire reason I pick specific promos is that I want to try before I buy.  I'm more apt to purchase the full size based on the samples I've gotten. 

Askenjuri

(0) Hearts

Add my voice to this chorus.  I feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick when having to choose between promos and coupons.  Yes, I'd like to save the money with the % off, but samples frequently lead me to buy a new product.  Seems like Sephora is shooting themselves in the pocketbook by dissing customers like this.

AlisG

That's one of the biggest things irritating me with this 15% off sale. Everytime you make an order you can either do 15% off or any of the samples.. Which sucks. Since we spend so much money.. The least they could do was let us have both :smileysad:

Alygal90

(0) Hearts

Augh... I so agree.

Missie772

A million times yes. I actually used a promo code instead of 15% off on a smaller item because I wanted the new D&G mini perfume... Ugh it sucks to choose!

LotusBoob

(0) Hearts

Oh yeah, I forgot about the D&G mini, I want that!

I do wish we could use coupons and promos in the same order. With the two orders I made with the coupon code, I opened them and I was like "dang..... no little pretty surprise in my package D: "

Maybe they could make that a perk for the VIBs and Rouges if they want to do it but be cheaper about it.

ireneh

THIS!! SO MUCH!!

I went to my local sephora to buy an item that was OOS and the SA offered me a free shipping code, but then I told her I wouldn't be able to use it in conjunction with the sale promo online. It just seemed kinda ridiculous that I had to choose between the 2 codes just because my local stores didn't have the item I was looking for :smileysad:

AmyC

We have asked and asked for more than one promo code box ESPECIALLY for VIB's and VIB ROUGE members to no avail. We are loyal customers!!

Chickibum

(0) Hearts

You're definitely not the only one annoyed at this :smileysad:

stephyd216

Most of the stores are automatically applying the 15% at the counter for us. Why can't the 15% off be automatically applied during checkout if you meet the status requirements? It would free up that promo code box that they are so stingy with.

jenn922

@kraezilyunique -- I think they gave some ludicrous "our technology won't allow us to do it" answer to why they can't allow the use of multiple codes.

OK, so if your IT people or priorities make the use of multiple codes technically impossible right now, here's another suggestion.  Automatically add promo items when people make a qualifying purchase!  I could go to any one of the major department stores or Ulta, look at a whole bunch of GWP specials, put the items that qualify into a cart and the GWP is added to the cart!  No choosing, no codes, no nothing.  Would THAT be a simpler solution to the problem, Sephora?

As for using codes during Chic Week to get discounts -- your system already knows who is a BI/VIB/Rouge.  Why not just apply the discount automatically?  Doesn't seem like it would really be that complicated.

newandaddicted

(0) Hearts

I call shenanigans on their reasoning.  OTHER sites have the technology, but they have the only IT guys and gals on the plant who can't make it happen?  Really?  Truly?  This can't be real life (no snark at you).

I understand they are in the business of making money, I give them a good portion on my "fun budget" but is allowing us to get samples really going to break them?  I would say a corporation as large as this one, would get those samples for FREE.  Shipping them with an order costs them nothing.

As someone said it gives them a chance to try before they buy, which is CHEAPER than me going into the store and having the SA give me the plastic container (which I'm sure they pay next to nothing for too). But some stores may not have the sample I want. *stomps foot*

I'm sure they are thinking if you get samples from the store, you will probably make a purchase while you are there.  I'm PROUD to say I have gone to the store got my samples and fled without purchasing anything extra.  It was hard but I didi it!

thechicgeek

"our technology won't allow us to do it"...Wow! Then someone should run tell Victoria's Secret because they have been allowing customers to apply up to 3 coupon codes for several  YEARS. smh

hackneyfl

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I mentioned that a while back. 3 codes, yep 3 codes in same order!

firefly02

As someone who works in the field, I can tell you that the "our technology won't allow us to do it" excuse is a complete bull.

Also, I personally think that saying it is to assume all of your customers are dumb, it's just so insulting.

tessie84

Preach!

crayzeeRN

There are a bajillion websites capable of taking multiple promo codes or finding other ways to work around this. Sorry, it ain't rocket science.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 56 replies
  • 163 hearts
  • 43 in conversation
    • AmyC
    • nathaliew
    • melissaleah
    • lmi82
    • stephyd216
    • thechicgeek