Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Cannot ship to Canada all of a sudden?

So... all of a sudden, a TON of items on my loves page cannot be shipped to Canada. Some of these I've even already purchased in the past. What's going on here??

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.27.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.32.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.37.15 AM.png

Re: Cannot ship to Canada all of a sudden?

I'm super annoyed the hourglass jumbo can't be shipped, the pump is awful on the 1 oz and the 2 oz is miuch more reasonably priced to

PSA!!

Some items are being taken off the Canadian site even after being re-sku'ed!

I just checked my loves list and some items have become unavailable once again (specifically Dior).

Basically if there is something that now appears available to Canadians it may be taken down, again.

This happened to me the other day.  

I had the Canadian sku for the PTR cucumber serum on my list.  A day or two ago I got a "sorry, this product's been discontinued' email 

😞

how can it be discontinued?  It's brand new!

Exactly! I'm beginning to feel like I need to buy out my loves list because even though it's the Canadian version they might just take down a product for fun. I also don't like that pressure and uncertainty. Being a Canadian Sephora customer is becoming stressful.... 😕

I like to plan my purchases so I can control my spending but this is becoming next to impossible with Sephora's love of unpredictable and sudden changes.

sorry to bother you guys. I am in Canada east coast. Did anyone download this app. In playstore its says U.S but I guess I can order. I noticed also ALOT of items they don't ship here. Does anyone think it is worth the app ect? 

@Cind56  You just need to go into the app and switch your country to Canada. I use the apple version. You can order just as easily from the website on a web browser in my opinion, but there are some app exclusive deals every now and again or early access if you keep an eye out for it. 

Will Drybar ever be available??  I've never seen it in stores, only mini's in Sephora Favourite kits.  I was going to place an order online but turns out it's no longer available.

Does anyone know if the Marula Oil will be back in stock... That has become my everyday moisturizer now 😞

Spoiler

Another annoying thing is checking stock for items that are still available in store but not online. I am having to switch over to the American site then put in the closest zip code to check for where the item is available in store in the last 24 hours. Am I missing something here?

There is also a new item listed, the YSL pur couture mat lipstick in 210 Nude Acoustic that was showing out of stock online on Friday night on the Canadian site. I noted that it was in stock at a store about 100 km away so I asked a friend to get it for me instead of waiting on a prayer for it to be back in stock, and I stuck it on my loves list. My hunch was right: I check back Saturday morning and that shade is now NOT AVAILABLE TO SHIP TO CANADA (overnight!!!). That particular one shade magically hopped itself over to the American site. My friend picked it up for me today (Sunday) and she said it was the last one in the store.

Message_1437340805227_0.jpg

This is an very discouraging shopping experience and the hoops to jump through to get an item is frustrating.  

So just a warning: the Canadian site still does not appear to be settled out yet and I wouldn't trust it still because it may change on you.

I can't wait for Nordstrom Vancouver to open on Sept 18 so I can start spending my money there instead.  😞

Omg i agree ive been using a u.s zipcode as well and still some products that show available never even were in store and vice versa..im so confused. I think if u switch to mobile site thats the only time we can search via pc but then if i add to cart it doesnt transfer to the website version. 

Keep in mind even though a product might say "Cannot be shipped to Canada", the product might have a new SKU at the Canadian warehouse. 

It seems like they're still working on getting all the products over to Canada... 

The easiest solution of it is that you call the store you are planning to visit and ask them if they have particular item in stock. You can request them to hold it for you to pack up within 48 hours.

True, however I don't feel I should need to call now to workaround what was previously a comprehensive online shopping process before the change.  

More so, a call to that store would have been long distance for me ...

Sephora has opted to decentralize their shopping warehouse.  I would argue that this is typically done if there is enough sale volume to support decentralization or there is an improvement in services.  Neither reason seems to be the case at the moment.

I totally understand your frustration 😞 but sadly there is no other option for us right now.

Anonymous Insider

I've spent so much at Sephora that I've re qualified three(?) times for Rouge this year. This makes me beyond **bleep** angry. Bad enough I live at least an hour away from modern civilization (..."good" shopping) now I have to place 10 orders from different sites instead of just placing ONE with Sephora. I love the points system, which is why I've put up with their monkey-poop-throwing act for so long. And I don't particularly enjoy complaining in public because I hate ruining the happy vibe on boards like this one, but I just CANT NOT anymore.

DO these people NOT realize that VERY few stores and companies either REFUSE to ship to us, OR they'll ding us with a $25+ dollar flat rate charge PLUS taxes and duties?! Seriously, what the hell have we Canadians done to piss off the beauty/fashion world?! I want to say nothing, because generally we're too busy watching our Leader pet kittens on TV and, like, refusing to pick sides in drama...  Jesus tapdancing christ. 

Whatever, I guess. They've officially lost $ 2-3K a year from me. Their loss. 

I feel EXACTLY the same!!!!

Now St. Tropez isn't sold to Canada?! They just keep taking stuff away!! I'm so tired of Sephora... 

I saw the St. Tropez at Shopppers Drug Mart and I was like oh 'I'll order that on Sephora so I can use promo's'  I go check out Sephora online and it's not available to Canadians... ughhh so annoying. I went and bought it at Shoppers afterwards.

St. Tropez can be found at Shoppers Drug Mart, if you don't mind taking your business elsewhere!

I also found it on The Shopping Channel! Thx!

5 Replies
testing