Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Cannot ship to Canada all of a sudden?

So... all of a sudden, a TON of items on my loves page cannot be shipped to Canada. Some of these I've even already purchased in the past. What's going on here??

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.27.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.32.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.37.15 AM.png

Re: Cannot ship to Canada all of a sudden?

And online at Murale and The Bay! 

I didn't know The Bay has it!! Thx!! I've seen it on Murale but it sucks that you always have to pay shipping no matter how much you spend

Murale also has free shipping promos every so often, but yes, I agree it would be nice if it was more common. 

Is it possible they raised prices due to the poor CAD to USD exchange rate?

On the other hand, The Bay was selling the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer for $52, while it was $49 at Sephora before the price increase. Now Sephora is also selling for $52. Shoot it's actually $54 now. Why are all my favourite foundation-type products so expensive?!

It's probably the poor exchange rate, yet there's no chance they'll reduce prices when (if!) it gets better. A $40 lipstick is a tough pill to swallow 😧

I hate when companies raise the price and cite the exchange rate. We were at parity for quite a while and they didn't change it then... 

Wow,they've raised prices exclusively for Canadians... Sometimes with inflation things go up in price but this seems like more of a decision on Sephora behalf... Nars audacious lipsticks still retail for 32$ on the US site which was the same price when they launched. Where as when you browse the Canadian site they are 39$ as opposed to the 37$ they were when they launched. This is ridiculous.

Sunday Riley, Eve Lom, Omorvicza, Drunk Elephant, much of PTR, etc. All the great brands that set Sephora apart from everyone else - gone to Canadians, and with no word. I'm beyond unimpressed. Now what do I do??? I'm actually SO angry about it! I had promised myself that I would buy Artemis as a gift to myself for an accomplishment to come, and now I'm terribly let down. 

Sephora, what have you done??!

If you live anywhere near Toronto you can buy Sunday Riley at GEE Beauty! 

I had no idea! Thank you!

you can get Sunday Riley at the eskincarestore

http://www.eskincarestore.com/Sunday-Riley

Yes, thank you! It's just that GEE is close by so no shipping costs. They may not have a huge selection, though.  I'll have to check it out.

What is GEE?

What's funny about this is that now Sephora has made themselves really not that competitive with stores like Shopper's, Murale, the Bay, and Holts. And it's not like their rewards system makes them stand out, either. For other brands, we'll just go directly to that brands website or shop from Canadian or Canada-friendly stores like eskincarestore, beautylish, nordstrom... etc. Maybe they don't view us as that big of a market but it was a huge huge selling point to me that I could get brands like Sunday Riley, Drunk Elephant, Omarovicsza, etc.

Anyway, Sephora once again expresses a total lack of consumer awareness. Followed by a total lack of customer service. I can say I won't be shopping there anymore, and I won't - I don't really have a choice in the matter! 

PS for the few of you that have been worrying about getting your Luna on, it IS available on eskincarestore! The only one that's not on there is the new Sunday Riley rose oil. 

Just wanted to post a quick note about Sunday Riley Flora (rose oil). I ordered it from cultbeauty.co.uk - which is based in the UK but they offer free international shipping. They also have various codes for percentages off, so I paid $94 Canadian 'all-in'. It shipped the next day, took 6 business days to arrive via Canada Post (you have to sign for it), and I didn't get dinged for any duties or taxes. I actually order stuff from the UK a few times a year (boots, jewelry etc) and I've never got hit with duties/taxes for some reason. Anyway - just in case someone is looking for Flora (or even other SR items), you might want to check out Cult Beauty. The package arrived safely and you do get some nice (generous) samples included.

The KVD LE liner was supposed to be up today???  STILL WAITING!!!!! UGH

Good news from Drybar at least - just tried to place an order directly with them, but they don't ship to Canada from their site (sigh). However they did say they are working with Sephora to repackage their items to meet Canadian requirements and would probably be back on the site by late fall. Crossing my fingers!

Honestly, I hate to give Sephora my business after this fiasco (why didn't they work with suppliers FIRST before making the change???) but I need my Drybar.

For such a large company they seem very disorganized.

Disorganized and lacking communication... among other things.  Not to mention hiring a bunch of **bleep** hats to "run the show". They have a free ongoing focus group with BT and they never bother to listen to customers... IMO this is gold... any other company would love to have such feedback... they well.. just seem to ignore all of us.

You know, I used to think that was what BT was created for.  

i don't trust the reviews on products because most of the time people are rushed into giving an opinion right after it's ordered, before they've been given the chance to give things a real shot.  Most of my earlier reviews are bunk because of this and I can't delete them.  

I will sift through people's opinions here to get the real down low on products.  If I see something a lot of people are enjoying then I'll go for it.   I thought that sephora would be doing the same sort of thing.  Shrug, their loss. 

That is great news...I love their 100 Proof Treatment Oil and would hate to have to look for something else. One bottle lasts me about a year and I'm barely halfway into this one, so hopefully they will work out their packaging issues before I run out!

Now if only Ouidad will also fix their packaging...their Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner is another HG of mine.

4 Replies
testing