Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Cannot ship to Canada all of a sudden?

So... all of a sudden, a TON of items on my loves page cannot be shipped to Canada. Some of these I've even already purchased in the past. What's going on here??

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.27.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.32.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.37.15 AM.png

Re: Cannot ship to Canada all of a sudden?

Update: They responded to an email I had sent and here is the list of brands that can no longer be shipped to Canada: 

Bobbi Brown (select products)
Bvlgari
CHANEL
Clarisonic
Clinique
Donna Karan
Giorgio Armani
Illamasqua (select products)
Lancôme (select products)
Laura Mercier (select products)
LAVANILA
L'Occitane
Michael Kors
Murad
Narciso Rodriguez
Perricone MD (DMAE products only)
Ralph Lauren
Shiseido (select products)
Silk'N

this is not complete, I have seen on other venues that they also cannot ship to Canada;

Sunday Riley, DryBar, COOLA

Isn't murad canadian?  Yeah it is! 

Murad is Canadian but some of their products are not available on their Canadian website anymorew (The one I know for sure is Rapid darkspot and pigment lightening serum) but it is available on Murad's US website as well as @ Sephora.

They stopped selling that here cause hydroquinone was thought to be a human carcinogen in Canada.   I know this because they did a recall I got my money back. 

That's interesting.. I wonder if this is an updated list seeing as they haven't carried Illamasqua for some time now. I'm very happy not to see D&G on that list as I'm almost out of my foundation and don't know where else I would get it lol. There's nothing on that list as far as I can tell that we can't get at SDM or the bay.

This doesn't make sense because we can get most of these brands at the Bay etc. So even the stuff from these brands that they sell in store, why would I choose to buy from Sephora as opposed to from the brands themselves or the bay etc? Not being able to buy online totally takes away the incentive for me to buy from Sephora... No ebates.ca, promo codes and samples in store, I have over 7000 points, which are pretty useless, so there is no incentive anymore. I'm better off buying from elsewhere with better GWP.  Idk how they didn't think that people would realize this... 

You're absolutely right.  As much as I hate having things waved in front of my nose and taken away, I haven't lost anything.  My hubby will be appreciative I'm not buying things in bed anymore at least.

"buying things in bed" Hahahaah I do that all the time too! Impulse buys are horrible the next day...haha

Ha, it's one of my favorite ways to shop!  I can sit there and put things in and out of my cart for hours.

I'm actually kind of happy they did this now. My spending went down after the extraordinary rewards fiasco, but this really forces me to stop my random spending. It's so easy to order online, to get excited about something and order it on a whim... This takes that away. I tend to put more thought into an in store purchase, and it won't be to buy from Sephora in store where I maybe get a foil thrown in my bag, when everyone else offers better GWP lol

My spending as well.  I was just getting over that fiasco too.  Oh well. 

thanks for letting us know! I hope thats all the brands... but still so weird that you can buy almost all of those at a SDM or Sephora store!

Going through my Love list, I noticed many products that are sold at SDM, Murale and The Bay stores and currently are on no Canadian shipping list. Many Sephora brand products are in restricted list as well so I hope some of the things are just messed up by Sephora IT team and will get fixed in few days if not all, many of the products will be back for us. 

This is showing up on items I'm supposed to have have en route and items I just ordered.  I'll keep you posted as to whether they still ship them.  hey did some maintenance on the site last night i was told but it appears we are no longer able to get the makeup bundles for VIB rouges unless they're all sold out?  I just checked- they're not available to us anymore.  

Showing us stuff and then taking it away after a day or two is really bad customer service.  Canadian rouges get screwed again. 

Fall can't come fast enough for me at this point.  I can't wait for the Nordstrom at pacific center to open.  

hearts, did you know they moved the SDM in Kits to a new location across the street, and they're totally revamped the Beauty Boutique there? They have UD, Benefit, Paul and Joe (!) and others at the location. I'm kind of impressed!

If you're ever in Kitsilano, might be worth taking a look 🙂

I'll go to kits for Paul and joe alone but now I have a local UD outlet as well!   Thanks for the heads up. 

I also placed an order yesterday which is been sent to Border Free and all items in that orders are not available for Canadian shipping now.

I was giving them another shot but at this point, I can't get my skincare and half the makeup I wanted so what's the point?   I'm done being disappinted.  

The fact that I was planning on buying a couple of the rouge sets last night and I am not allowed now really pisses me off. This is exactly what they did with the mega points event.  I'd rather pay full shipping directly from each company than deal with this bull.  

If something amazing is not done to calm me down they will never see another cent from me or from the five women I drag with me when I shop. 

heartsmyface - If Sephora can't ship the items to you, I doubt the companies can ship to you either.  If it's a package labeling issue, the companies are going to have the same packaging they give to Sephora.  You have to remember, Sephora is a "middle man"; they sell what the companies give them.  If the companies do not package the items correctly per Canadian regulations, neither Sephora nor the companies themselves are going to have the correct packaging.

No, I am not taking Sephora's side--they did not handle this well.  I just don't want you to be disappointed (and angry) if you can't get your items from the companies for the same reason.

I have a us address now.  I just liked the convenience of ordering from one place instead of typing my info in for each individual company.   I have to do that now.  

What's really bugging me is that sephora is carrying a lot of these brands in store.  Are they going to have to pull them all from the shelves?  And how did these regulations slip by them for so long? 

testing