Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Cannot ship to Canada all of a sudden?

So... all of a sudden, a TON of items on my loves page cannot be shipped to Canada. Some of these I've even already purchased in the past. What's going on here??

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.27.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.32.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.37.15 AM.png

Re: Cannot ship to Canada all of a sudden?

sephoracanada.jpg

Not sure if you ladies are aware but they have also modified SEPHORA CANADA return policy.

They will only accept returns now within 30days with a receipt.  Even if you are trying to return a gift for an exchange; they will not return it.  Eventhough no other retailer in Canada sells that brand.  I have posted many times on their website and instagram and twitter.  Just the cookie cutter reponse that everyone else is getting. The fact that the Sephora Canada sale page has 50 items and Sephora USA has 188 or that the palettes/value sets have 130 on Sephora Canada and over 200 on the Sephora USA site is completely depressing!!!!  

I want the TF soul mates bronzer in Carrie/Big - purchased Rachel/Ross last month.  It is available on the Sephora USA site, but they told me not available in Canada -- so ship from USA warehouse.  They wont do it.  But, I can purchase the other TF items but not this one.  Then there are all the new releases that are not available in Canada (showing out of stock) but available in USA.  As someone said -- completely unprepared and uninterested the customer feedback.  They do have the monopoly!  My recommendation -- we need to pressure ULTA to ship to Canada!!! encourage Murale to increase their brand(s).  Until Sephora feels it impacts their bottom line they will not care.  That's my opinion.

I just don't understand  why or how a company that spends so much $ developing effective marketing approaches wouldn't think it would be worth while to launch the new  Cdn shipping center in a professional manner. Why wouldn't you wait to ship from Cdn warehouse until it's fully stocked with properly labelled products and until that happens continue shipping from US so customers don't experience difficulties in not being able to get products they are accustomed to purchasing from you (and on that note..aren't those the same properly labelled products you do somehow have in stock in your Cdn stores). Then following that why wouldn't you launch this new shopping experience with a better than average Cdn exclusive promo instead of making a bunch of existing and any new promos invalid for Cdn shopper.  This could have been a completely different experience with a tiny bit of thought and planning...which is particularly disappointing from a company who has become known for its innovative marketing strategies. I've been a loyal shopper for years and this is the first year I haven't qualified for VIB. In previous years I would make a purchase at least once a month from Sephora online..but now I've only made one purchase so far this year. I am shopping elsewhere as many of us are. 

If fellow BTers want Sephora to make changes understand that the only motivation for sephora to do this is if their sales are impacted.  I find their scarcity driven marketing approaches have turned me off rather than pulled me in (like early product launches, which just means regular customers are waiting longer to receive item..this costs sephora $0 and creates a false sense of getting special access...or very limited number promos (like the 1000 pt. promos, which were largely unavailable for Cdns anyways).  Why should shopping be so complicated?

In general I much prefer shopping at places that want my business rather than a place that offers less and less over the years and has exhibited some sketchy business practices (like charging the incorrect provincial taxes and ignoring questions about this which probably was what we later say as duties mixed in with taxes..I think, or former practice of saying the higher cost when dollar was at par was due to the manufacturer ..which in many cases it was not...or having a higher Cdn $ requirement for promos which was instituted before the dollar value changed). All these things say you don't value your Cdn clients.

You see the thing is Sephora has almost no competition in Canada...makes it a lot easier for them to retain their customer base even if they don't give a sh*t about us. 

what about those brands and products which allegedly weren't available to us before and now are?

Biotherm and Shu Uemera

blah... Biotherm is avail in SDM right? and I could swear I saw Shu in Eaton Centre and maybe at some other locations as well... 

thank yoi for replying 🙂

Biothem has always been available in store as well...and I prefer to get Shu Umera from the Bay

Shu has always been available at Hudson's Bay and the selection is huge.  Holts also has the whole line. Unlike Sephora, which does not carry the full line.

Ohh I noticed I can now order shu uemera. Silver lining? 😀

You get waaaay better gift with purchase if you shop shu at the bay! 

When orders were being shipped from the U.S I got my package in 5 days (not including weekends). For example I would place an order on Monday, they shipped it on Tuesday and by Wednesday or Thursday I got an email from borderfree that my package has arrived in Canada and by Friday its in my mailbox. I Recently placed an order on Monday they shipped it Tuesday and based on Canada post tracking I should receive it tomorrow(Friday) and I live 5 minutes from the distribution centre in Brampton lol. Having a warehouse in Canada just for same shipping time or getting the package a day or two sooner really does not compare to having access to all the brands. :(. I wish they had given us heads up so we could have stocked up on our favorites or even so we could have told them "Nooooooo..." lol.

Just wanted to say Happy Canada's Day to everyone 🙂

Although Canadians get screwed over and over by Seohora, I still feel thankful that I'm Canadian!

Yeah, I'll just go cry and think about my free healthcare and my reasonable tuition.

Me too, Happy Canada Day!

sephora commenting on Facebook that brands are excluded in Canada: https://www.facebook.com/Sephora/photos/a.72908389404.73006.16453004404/10153067988784405/?type=1&th...

I was hoping for a better response from Sephora, but here it is:

"Orders are being fulfilled within Canada some brands have been discontinued due to regulatory issues. If you need any assistance with placing an order or with a technical issue please call us at 1-877-SEPHORA.

If you have a cart created we suggest emptying it and making a new one."

I know. What an absolutely horrible response . AKA "we don't want to draw attention here to all the brands we've nixed without telling our loyal customers...so just dump it, and spend 30 min looking for your favourite brands that are no longer available or just settle for what we are letting you buy".....right. Thanks. 

LOL I did empty my cart, and I made a new one at murale. Maybe if we support them more they'll be able to bring in more stores and more brands.

Good thinking....let's support Canadian companies who actually want our business 

Agreed! I'm heading over there right now to start my shopping 🙂 

testing