Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Cannot ship to Canada all of a sudden?

So... all of a sudden, a TON of items on my loves page cannot be shipped to Canada. Some of these I've even already purchased in the past. What's going on here??

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.27.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.32.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.37.15 AM.png

Re: Cannot ship to Canada all of a sudden?

I totally agree with you!!!

I think what I'm most annoyed about is that they've already pulled everything, but there also supposed to launch free shipping over 50$. If they can't sell that stuff out of Canada now why haven't they updated their shipping. This isn't about the customer tbh, they ignores me on social media. 

Just got a message from Bite saying they are looking into the LLLR release. Hope it gets fixed.

Here's hoping.

I would SERIOUSLY hope Bite Beauty figures this out - they are a CANADIAN company afterall and many of there products are made here.

So... Stuff can't be sold online due to "labelling issue" even though they're sold in stores? And international brands like The Face Shop from Korea can sell their products by sinmply slapping a sticker on them? I don't know about other Canadians, but I have been pissed off too many times by too many American companies that say they  can't ship to Canada for one BS reason or another. I must say though, Sephora is probably the worst. They have pissing off customers down to a fine art. If there was another store here that had the same selection as Sephora all in one place, I would definitely be shopping there instead. 

Oh this is so disappointing :(. I do understand that the decision was made so that canadian customers would have better service but not if a big part of the selection available at sephora is now inaccessible. Why not keep the Borderfree option and have the items that can't be sold in Canada still available via delivery from the US and charge the customers duties like it used to be? The rest can be shipped from the canadian warehouse but I'd be willing to wait longer and pay duties to get the brands that I want... 

Absolutely!!! We should have the option to ship from the U.S. And pay duties and wait longer in order to get the products we want. I don't think Sephora realizes how much they are messing up. Put it this way, I hope Ulta starts shipping to Canada because it would be the perfect time for them to steal a ton of Sephora's business!

I've actually heard that Ulta is preparing to ship to Canada...

OMG from where Veronika?! This would make me unbelievably happy lol

A girl in a group.  She said she signed up for rewards and everything.  I checked the site and I can't so I asked and she said she signed up in store... but apparently they are planning on shipping to Canada and opening stores here??? (I think)  Trying to find info online.

Ahhhhhhh I hope it's happening 😄

very good point. I would rather have the option of using Borderfree and pay the extra few bucks for duties. It is such a bad move for Sephora that we Canadian customers all of a sudden are ripped off our staple products which we trust Sephora to ship to us and with no warning, decided to make the big change and leave us hanging dry. 

Somehow, I'm not that surprised that this happened. With all that has happened lately, this doesn't really shock or even disappoint me anymore.

I am curious as to what ELSE is going to happen to Canadian Sephora customers in the future though....I don't think it can get any worse?

All the current events indicate a worst management disaster. The things which could have been considered great decisions are turning out as worst ones only due to miscommunication and the criteria of implementation.

Canadian market is smaller than US but not small enough that loosing it wouldn't put a hole in their stock. 

I'd really like to see what Sephora does once Nordstrom moves in though. That WOULD put a dent in their pocket if Nordstrom plays their cards right!

does Nordstrom have rewards & perks? 

(I've never shopped there)

They have something called Nordstrom Notes... I'm not exactly sure how it works, but perhaps someone else will be able to explain.

I touched on it on the other thread:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/Canadians-SDM-vs-Holt-vs-The-Bay-vs-Nordstrom/m-p/204...

Basically, yes, they do - but it's somewhat limited in Canada right now. 

thanks so much! 

Awesome info in the linked thread 🙂

It could get worse, though it's hard to imagine.  Maybe Sephora just closes all it's stores in Canada? smh

10 Replies
testing