Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Cannot ship to Canada all of a sudden?

So... all of a sudden, a TON of items on my loves page cannot be shipped to Canada. Some of these I've even already purchased in the past. What's going on here??

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.27.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.32.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.37.15 AM.png

Re: Cannot ship to Canada all of a sudden?

Is anyone else wondering how they're stores get stock?  Is it sent directly from the company? That would seem like inventory hell. There must be some centre of control for receiving and distribution. If so, is this centre different from the one they are now shipping online order from?

I'm trying to logic through this situation and I just can't. How can brands that are currently in store with the correct packaging currently unavailable online due to packaging regulations? 

Also, can any American tell me which major US retailor sells Givenchy Beauty and Koh Gen Do? I was told D&G is a Sephora exclusive like Marc Jacobs so I guess I'm going to have to let them go. 

Net a porter carries Givenchy as well, but usually only part of the line

Beautylish also sells KGD.

Both Nordstrom and Beauty dot com offer KGD. Givenchy, I think barneys NY carries it. 

Thank you!! 

Sure thing! I think I've seen D&G Beauty on Saks as well, so you might want to check that out. Hope you (continue to) get everything you need!

So why don't one you contact one of the companies Sephora says they can't ship to Canada that is currently available in Canada?  Find out directly from that company if they're selling in Canada and if they will be selling in Canada through Sephora?

grumpy cat.jpg

Here's a bright idea Sephora:

When you've decided to make what I would consider to be a MAJOR change to your "shipping to Canada" policies you should have communicated that directly with your Canadian clients. Bless kbmatthews for creating a discussion that immediately answered my questions. Perhaps a clear announcement on the web page would have sufficed, (as we have all witnessed how effective the emails are).

Most of the really good Beauty deals are gone too. That was often the reason I shopped on line Sephora and not Holts or even Hudsons Bay. I'll switch a few brands and go back to HR, something I never wanted to do before.

Ok now that I'm done losing it over the state of my loves list.... a new distribution center for Canada could be a very good thing. And I'm thinking some of this must be a glitch. Some things, like the Fresh lip balms and some ysl lippies, are listed as "can't be shipped" though I can buy them in store with Canadian packaging (ie no mention of spf), so once this is sorted out they should be available online again (please don't tell me that with these changes in distribution I will see fewer brands/items in store, seriously). All of the new too faced blushes are suddenly listed as sold out though they were all available yesterday, along with a lot of other things that I doubt would have sold out overnight, so my bet is that this is still in the works. The list posted below of brands not able to ship anymore is not so long. I could deal with that. Please fix this soon Sephora. Every time I start to forgive you for something (the extraordinarily awful rewards experience most recently) you turn around and do something like this again. Why you gotta break my heart Sephora? Please fix this soon and make it a positive thing for Canadians rather than the usual disappointment.

Half of my love list can no longer ship to Canada plus another quarter that is currently not in stock (in the Canadian warehouse I suppose) 

So far Sephora is really helping me sticking to a low buy... 

Now I'm just mad at myself for not buying D&G products while they were still available

Just saw this post...and OMG!! This is sooo unfair!! I wish there is some kind of media release from the company to tell us what in the world is going on and how long we can expect for this to last.... Guess my Sephora spending is gonna decrease even more now. This will really help me in the goal of not reaching Rouge this year =_=. 

I am so done with Sephora...I can't wait for Nordstrom and Saks to open up here!!

I just contacted Sephora about this and they told me they're actually gonna start shipping from within Canada from now on, which means no duties, shorter shipping time, and more BI points.

This is what they wrote:

"Now that Sephora is fulfilling orders in Canada, we must comply with Canada Law and there are some brands that will be discontinued for Canada due to regulatory issues such as not meeting Canada packaging requirements.

There will not be any more duties and your beauty insider points will now be added to your account correctly! The new Distribution Center is located in Ontario. It should cut down on shipping timeframe tremendously! The new shipping timeframe to Canada will now be 2 to 5 business days."

I know it sucks to be unable to buy products that were previously available on the website but personally, I think this is a good change.

Hope this helps!

Hopefully these brands and products that cannot be shipped or are showing out of stock will become available on a gradual basis as Sephora and said companies comply by Canadian law.  Surely opening a distribution center in a different country is a huge undertaking which most would understand but the lack of communication is a problem.  I also think in time this is a good change.

I've honestly never paid duties on an order and I have always received orders within 1-2 weeks through Borderfree, I could care less about the useless BI points, so I see no real benefit currently to having a Canadian distribution centre. I'd rather have more choices in products 😞

Not sure how you managed to avoid duties but in my case, I've always been charged for "duties & taxes", which were slightly more than the normal sales tax in my province. I guess you didn't notice that?

I'm not happy with the limited selection of products either but I just wanted to let others know. Seems like there's nothing that can be done at the moment unless you wanna go to their headquarters in San Francisco and do something about it.

Uhhh...really makes me wonder how all the other companies like Bay and Murale are shipping the brands/items that Sephora says they "can't". Feels like it's just an excuse for them!!

I'm getting that impression.  I've said a couple times already that usually when the requirements haven't been met, they can meet them with a sticker.  

Shouldnt sephora be applying for an injunction to allow them to continue doing business while they get their stuff in order? 

Wow. Thanks Sephora. Message received, loud and clear.

I can't buy Phyto? I can't buy Alterna? Some MUFE is not available to Canada?  Fine, I can shop elsewhere for Phyto and NAP is looking good to me, right now.

testing