Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Cannot ship to Canada all of a sudden?

So... all of a sudden, a TON of items on my loves page cannot be shipped to Canada. Some of these I've even already purchased in the past. What's going on here??

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.27.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.32.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.37.15 AM.png

Re: Cannot ship to Canada all of a sudden?

Right?? Nordies is looking like a star at this point. Can't wait til the Toronto one opens. 

Agree completely 

omg it's still like this???? i saw this last night at 4 or 5 am EST and I thought it was just an IT glitch because before that happened there were a TON of old items that were showing up on the site but when you clicked on it, it would say OOS. Some examples are a few Too Faced Collections from 2013-2014, specifically one that I have which is the 2013 Xmas palette, the big one with the blushes and bronzer, I forget the name. And a bunch of old Glamglow holiday sets like a full-size Supermud with two deluxe Youthmuds in tubes.

A distribution centre is not the kind of thing that just happens overnight.  You don't go to bed one night and then find one has materialized out of thin air in the morning.

This is the sort of business decision that takes months (at least) of planning to execute.

Theoretically if they were smart, they would have done some due diligence to find out what the Canadian packaging laws were, and at least notified all the brands they sell about the creation of a Canadian distribution centre, and any repercussions that might have, so that those brands *could* (if they chose) opt to comply with the extra requirements.  It's not Sephora's responsibility to make sure brands participate in this, but as a company that wants to make money, it would have been in their best interest to do so.

Since it is the law in Canada for all packaging to be bilingual, that is not Sephora's fault.  It is their fault that (as usual) the execution and communication of this change was handled so poorly.  A Canadian distribution centre could have been a great, positive talking point... No more duties!  The correct amount of points applied to your account when you order!  Faster (hopefully) shipping times!  

Instead this is just one big clusterf&*k... again.

I agree with every word you wrote mocha. I simply don't get in what world Sephora management is living. It's one of the basic business rule to communicate changes with your employees and clientele prior to implementation.

It would have been great if instead of seeking our opinion about things like "MakeUp bag designs" and " Beauty workshop" kind of things, they ask what our expectations will be about Canadian distribution center and informed us about expected changes.

Agree with both of you!  Like honestly they aren't just entering the country.  They've been shipping here for years and have sooo many stores. Come on. UGH!  Like I said who ever is running the show isn't all that bright.  I'd do a better job! Communication skills = ZERO!!!!

murale.ca carries a few of the brands and you can get shoppers optimum points... but nothing like what sephora used to carry online 😞

Yeah... I already buy as much as I can at SDM/Murale, but some brands I can only get through Sephora, or are much cheaper to get through Sephora.

I find it really funny that even some Guerlain products (like the Ecrin 6 couleurs eyeshadow palette I ordered just last week) are now included in the multitudes of items that cannot be shipped here anymore due to reasons such as 'not meeting Canada packaging requirements' when Guerlain's packaging is entirely in French.

On a somber side note, RIP drybar - I'm going to miss you.

Just saw someone posted on FB about Lavanilla not being available in Canada.... And Sephora replied it's due to packaging issues for some brands... EXCEPT Lavanilla is/was sold in my Sephora.  So if it's sold in stores they must meet requirements right???  So are we getting a BS story now??? Seriously who runs this show??? They should get fired!

A lot of the stuff I see on my loves list I am hoping it's a system issue and didn't update properly but again Sephora lacks communication skills.  We should be told which brand will no longer ship to Canada. UGH

This is the reason that I'm holding onto the tiniest shred of hope that some of these products will return for purchase from Canadians. I am looking at my Love list and already see at least 10 products that are currently unavailable to ship, yet I have seen them in Canadian Sephora stores locations. Obviously they are available to ship to the store... why not individuals?

I think if it was a licensing issue, it would affect a brand across its whole line.

I've seen some brands (PTR and BITE, for example) where I can purchase some items but not others.

This is pretty upsetting. Half my loves lost is now not available to ship to Canada. I have ordered items which only have English on the package and I have a feeling it has to do with French not written on the packaging. Some people probably complained that there is no French on the labels. Why not just provide an insert with a translation written in French  so that you can still sell us Canadians all these wonderful products???

Many of the VIB promo codes say OOS too. Now, I can't tell if they're actually OOS or if it's because of these shipping restrictions because they were in stock yesterday

It looks like the reason these are 'out of stock' is primarily due to the Canadian warehouse relocation fiasco - most of the OOS promos apply to products that are deemed ineligible to ship to Canada.

life

Epic-fail_o_116991.jpg

LOL so much this^^^ haha

Has anyone ever seen Peter Thomas Roth's 40% Triple Acid Peel for sale in a Canadian Sephora store? My local Sephora has the PTR line but not the peel. When I asked a while back, the SA said "oh, I don't think we're allowed to sell anything with such a high concentration in Canada - you have to get it on the website." I see that most of PTR's products have repopulated on the 'new Sephora Canada' site, but not this one. 😞  

If *only* Sephora had just given us a 48 hr heads-up this was happening so we could get what we needed... ugh... so frustrating! 

Yeah a little forwarding would have been nice.  They would have made a lot of money in the process. 

2 Replies
testing