Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Cannot ship to Canada all of a sudden?

So... all of a sudden, a TON of items on my loves page cannot be shipped to Canada. Some of these I've even already purchased in the past. What's going on here??

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.27.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.32.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.37.15 AM.png

Re: Cannot ship to Canada all of a sudden?

Nope, I haven't seen it in store, nor the Max Complexion pads I use (which also haven't made it to the Canadian site)

I am so sad due to Max Complexion Pads, I am so loving this stuff, I would have purchased multiple tubs as backup if they only informed us on time 😞

d

Does anyone find it hilarious that Shiseido is one of the brands?! Not like we can't get it at every other large department or beauty store!

Yeah.  I have 3 UD blushes on my loves list. 2 ship here the other one is restricted! ha!

That's just perfection!  Lol. 

bizarre, bizarre, bizarre criteria they are using.  They really are shooting themselves in the foot here.  They have completely taken the purchasing decision right out of my hands...

Oh dear...  I am absolutely affected by this too because I travel extensively back and forth the border that the new restrictions really puts a kink into how I plan to make purchases. This is awful given that retailers such as Saks and periodically, Neimans, offer free express global shipping and duties anyways. I sincerely hope this is just a temporary setback. Aren't Canadian laws supposed to help protect Canadians and not make their lives difficult?  

it is altogether way to easy to accommodate the laws with a friggen sticker.  

I know this doesn't matter to you Rouge girls, but another thing is that the free shipping minimum is still $75. I'd hope at least that would be lowered. 😣

I read on Facebook it's been lowered to $50

What I don't understand, and I'm hoping someone can clarify, is why some things are restricted on Sephora, and yet we can buy them in store here? Like Korres and Bobbi Brown for example. If it's a packaging issue, why can places like the Bay and SDM sell them, but not sephora? 

This is absolutely ridiculous. I cannot believe they did not give us a heads up so we could stock up on certain items. 

On another note - has anyone noticed price increases? I was looking around and noticed for example the benefit mascaras (they're real and roller lash) are $31. Did they not used to be $29? And the travel size they're real is $16, wasn't it $12?

I did notice a few increases as well.

To be fair, I just checked the Murale website and those mascaras are $31 and $16 there too. So it looks like just benefit is to blame for this one, lol

Lol... dammit Benefit!

It was definitely $12.

The strangest thing about this is that the customer service rep who I spoke with on the phone was positioning this as a positive change -- since Canada has a distribution centre, Canadians will no longer have to pay duties or experience long shipping times. This is supposed to be a good thing.

But how can this be a good thing if I cannot buy what I want? If anything, they're losing money from Canadian customers who will now need to go elsewhere with their business! I have a local Sephora but I buy online because the selection is better and I get so much more with my purchase.

I happened to be near by local Sephora this morning and asked someone there about it, and she didn't even know anything! If employees aren't aware of it, you can certainly expect that customers will be the last to know. This is truly bizarre. Unless Sephora was somehow strong-armed into opening a Canadian distribution centre against their will, this was a very poor business decision.

It is in part a good decision. But the lack of communication with customers and they obviously didn't take into account the negative effects for customers, makes this a pretty idiotic decision

I agree. I understand the benefit (singular), but honestly, I'd MUCH rather have a few extra days waiting than have such a limited number of brands.

Maybe if they allow us to still buy from the US warehouse with a notice that they cannot guarantee shipping times and etc, this could work out, but I don't see how they'd incorporate that. 

Even if they gave us a notice 48 hours in advance, I could respect this decision more. We'd have had notice to buy things that would otherwise be affected. 

I am right there with you, I don't mind longer shipping time and few extra cents when in return I can buy what I want/love 😞

3 Replies
testing