Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Cannot ship to Canada all of a sudden?

So... all of a sudden, a TON of items on my loves page cannot be shipped to Canada. Some of these I've even already purchased in the past. What's going on here??

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.27.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.32.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.37.15 AM.png

Re: Cannot ship to Canada all of a sudden?

I know!  I'm so upset as well! Bite beauty should really open a lip lab in Toronto.

That is just stupid ridiculous. 

I usually roll my eyes whenever I read a comment about how "I'm never shopping at Sephora again" & I feel like I've been very understanding with them and their recent f*** ups (eg: November VIB sale mess, fail "Extraordinary Rewards"). However I truly think that this was the straw that broke the camel's back for me... I'm going to try my best to purchase from other retailers as much as I can & I guess now as Canadians we're forced to do that anyways... I really don't know how they think they can get away with this scot-free.

and Bite is a CANADIAN COMPANY. What gives? I just do not understand.

I don't think they are Canadian anymore... I think they sold out to a US company... the same that owns Formula X, KVD, MJ, etc...

According to their website, they are still operating out of downtown Toronto.

Ah I did not know this, thanks! I'm not up on the business side of things, just the pretty lipstick side! 🙂 

I'm not sure about this... waiting to hear info from Bite... I don't think they wanna answer me though... ha

A Canadian brand can't be shipped to Canada? lmao...

The majority of my loves list is now not shipping to Canada either.

The Algenist SPF 50 is something I've purchased multiple times and now won't be able to get it.

also, all the items I had put on my loves list for the 4X the points sale is no longer shipping to Canada:

TRIA laser

Cosmocube x 2

ZUCA make up suitcase thingy

verso skincare

sunday Riley skincare. 

tatcha enzyme perl

PTR peeling gel

illiminage stuff

That's over $2000 in loss sales now for Sephora. 

I can not believe that Sephora continues to treat Canadian costumers like this. No notification or heads up at all!!

And I was feeling more love towards Seohora recently since I got one of those Formula X kits...

For those that called, did they say that the Canadian distribution centers would get those items at all?

It was mentioned to me that it is up to the brand itself to make changes to their packaging (I think it has to do with language issues). For example "Living Proof" is sold in canada but i saw that some of the items not allowed shipping anymore, the bottles i have from previous orders coincidentally are only in english. So bottom line is when the company/brand decides to update their packaging, start selling it in canada (as we seem to get everything ages later) and you see it in stores....you will see it online. If it has to do with ingredients not allowed in canada then it will probably never be available. I am soooo disappointed!!!!

Anonymous Insider

I've bought some of these things in stores in Canada, though. Like the NARS tinted moisturizer. I got it up here a month ago. I am so confused. Is there going to be anything left in the stores?? 

Nars has different packaging for their tinted moisturizers. The US ones market them as "tinted moisturizer SPF 49" (or something with SPF). I have a tube I purchased from the Bay, and it says "pure radiant tinted moisturizer", no mention of SPF. So, we should still be able to at least have that in stores.

I didn't ask about the majority of those products, but for things that contain SPF (sunscreen, skincare, foundations, lip balms) we won't be getting them because Canada has really wonky rules about what's considered SPF and can be labeled as such. As a result, unless a bunch of companies decide to change their labels, Canadians are out of luck. 😞

Does anyone know where else to get Sunday Riley Luna Oil in Canada? I got the sample size and loved it so I was going to order the full size today... I can't find it any where else online that will ship to canada 😞

Nordstrom carries Sunday Riley but I can't find Luna on Nordie's site either. I'm hoping the Calgary Nordstrom has Sunday Riley, but Im not hopeful...

I am in the exact same boat, was gonna order it today and now this...cant find it on sunday rileys site either so I sent them an email asking where in Canada to get it. Ill report back with their answer

Thanks so much!

Yep, I also called CS and it's definitely permanent. It sounds a bit extreme, but I'm probably gonna cut up my Rouge card… I was doing 95% of my shopping online (even though I have Sephoras close by). It never ceases to amaze me how Sephora just continues to keep treating Canadians as second-class customers. I am so, so, shocked. 😞

I completely agree, I don't have a nearby store

It would've been nice to have a heads up about this, I'm so incredibly disappointed. The online shopping selection was a huge part of why I preferred Sephora. Canadians getting the sh*t end of the stick again. I feel like boycotting

testing