Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Cannot ship to Canada all of a sudden?

So... all of a sudden, a TON of items on my loves page cannot be shipped to Canada. Some of these I've even already purchased in the past. What's going on here??

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.27.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.32.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 11.37.15 AM.png

Re: Cannot ship to Canada all of a sudden?

Agreed, a heads up would be nice. I would have bought back ups of a few staples. Now I have to search for an alternate hair serum. 

Looks like I'll be shopping at SDM more now. I just racked up enough points for $170 worth of free stuff the other day. 

I totally would have stocked up on a tonne of things! I literally don't know if I even like Sephora anymore

OMG!! NOOOOOO!!!

Hello,

I just called customer service a little while ago and I was told the change is permanent. Sephora has a distribution centre in canada now. Before, orders were being filled and shipped from the U.S. through Borderfree. Many items are off the site or have that message now because of packaging restrictions and/ingredients not allowed for distribution in canada. I am sooooo upset and sad! I was just getting ready to place an order and everything in my cart is restricted!

Customer service mentioned the change has to do with many complaints in regards to shipping and borderfree so the no longer offer the service. I personally never had an issue with shipping! I let them know my sephora shopping addiction was fed by the joy of being able to purchase so many awesome things not offered at the physical store, in Montreal. Now it will be very hard to keep my ROUGE status. 

By the way....ALL the Vib Rouge Only items are not accessible 😞

I hope this isn't true!!! I know I complain all the time that it takes exactly a week for my orders to get to me (I live in Montreal too) but if Sephora would have asked, I would have hands down preferred the weeklong wait with using Borderfree as opposed to a ton of items I love now being restricted!!!!!

I'm guessing Canadians can only buy items that are available in Canadian distribution centre from now on?

whaaaaaaaat!!!!! I've never had any problems with shipping to Canada!!

screenshot-www.sephora.com 2015-06-27 11-11-26.png

The Nars tinted moisturizer and Dior foundation are definitely in Canadian stores. Why can't they be shippied??

There will definitely be waaaaaay more complaints from this change than complaints from Borderfree. Ugh

I ordered Nars tinted moisturizer and Tatcha enzyme rice powder just yesterday and now today it says can't be shipped to Canada 😮

The versions in the Canadian Sephora stores have no mention of SPF. 

So you can still buy these in stores, but they will have different labels than the US versions. I have St. Moritz from the website and Alaska purchased in store, and the labels are different. The ingredients are exactly the same, but it just doesn't say SPF. 

If that's true, that sucks. Basically, a lot of items are now not obtainable at all--say, if I wanted a full size of the Sunday Riley Luna oil, where would I even get it?!

Sephora is getting less and less popular with me. I know I can get Korres in SDM and some of these items are not available to Canada because of the SPF, so some of their "non-SPF" versions--same ingredients, no mention of SPF, can be found in the Sephoras here...but what about Givenchy nail polish?? Some of these items can't be found in stores!!! GAHHH

Just checked my love list. My Laura Mercier Infusion de Rose, Drybar 100 proof treatment oil are two staples in my routine that I have no idea where/how to replace 😞

Ahh... makes sense. I was trying to order a Tarte brush yesterday and it said the same thing - can't ship to Canada... Even though I've bought three Tarte brushes online in the past without an issue. As well, today, I went to find an item by Korres and the entire Korres line is gone. At first I panicked, but I assume it must be some tech glitch. Hope it all resolves soon! 

Most Korres products can be purchased in SDM, but I'm not sure about the value sets...

I hope it's a glitch. A while back I kept getting "Can not be shipped to Canada" for a toner I routinely buy online. Calling the Rouge line it turned out, the glitch is,if I choose a perfume sample as one of 3 free samples every liquid product in my basket shows not available for Canadian shipping and the order went through once CS associate replaced perfume sample. Weird right.

I was just browsing and noticed that too... + all the PTR product reviews have gone missing.. 0 stars all around. Odd.

I noticed it earlier when I was placing an order.

I posted a thread in CS for them.

I did notice the points seem to be accruing at CDN dollars now though.

Oh so we get ripped off with the product selection but we don't have to call and beg for our own points anymore eh? Lol bad trade off. I would rather have the better selection of products, even though at times it is a pain to get your points corrected..

I'm thinking it's a glitch too. I just got an order with a Givenchy lipstick and now all the Givenchy things in my Loves list "cannot be shipped to Canada".

Also, the Boscia SPF BB cream I use cannot be shipped, but other sunscreens can, and other Boscia items can. 

I'm hoping it's a computer glitch.

I remember the same thing happened several months ago and they fixed it. I think it happened when they were updating servers, if I recall.

I sure hope so.. because I was literally about to place an order for something that is now unavailable!

I feel your pain kb, i had a sunday riley oil and a drunk elephant serum in my basket yesterday and decided to hold off till I got paid today. Now i'm wishing I would've just clicked order!

I super hope that's what is happening right now!

2 Replies
testing