cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

What's New Wednesday: rms beauty

05.14_WNW_V4.jpg

Ready for a pure new take on natural cosmetics? Rose-Marie Swift brings her passion for effectiveness and unprocessed, natural ingredients to Sephora with her brand, rms beauty. A world-renowned makeup artist for more than 35 years, Swift incorporates pure, certified organic ingredients and avoids over-processing for products that are as good for your skin as they at showcasing your natural beauty.

Beauty Oil

Containing only the finest and lightest oils and rare herbal extract, this balancing oil helps to moisturize skin for heightened radiance while providing antioxidant protection and a non-greasy feel.

Un Cover-up Concealer/Foundation

This lightweight and hydrating concealer and foundation minimizes the appearance of pores, redness, and imperfections for a radiant, no-makeup look. It melts into the skin and never looks heavy or dry and boasts a high concentration of natural and certified organic ingredients.

What do you think of rms beauty? Show & Tell!

Re: What's New Wednesday: rms beauty

Turned out better in concept than in practice for me; first heard about the brand when they were being stocked in JCrew a while back and ended up getting the Luminizer, lip balms, cream shadows, uncover up....none of them worked out well - and I really tried.  The Luminizer was ok but as a self-proclaimed highlighter afficionado, I never reach for it. All in all, nice concept and ingredient friendly but still needs tweaking, which is a problem I've found with a lot of more natural-based beauty.

Incase it's helpful in deciding between mix master and living luminizer, I thought I'd add that mix master has more sparkle than living luminizer.  I don't think it's sparkly, but the shimmer in Living L. is much more fine and is always fool proof.   

This is one of my two favorite brands, so I'm thrilled it's at Sephora!!!  Does anyone know if Sephora is going to carry their lip gloss and lip and cheek products?  I buy those all the time.  I've used all their products and love them, but they are not for everyone. I've been using them for years, so I'll give you my 2 cents incase it helps anyone.  It's just my way of paying it forward for all the help you’ve given me.  

Their bronzer is great but it's just s touch too red for me.  If it's the right color for you, I think most people would like it.  

I love their eye polishes and have several colors.  These are probably their most loved or hated product.  These do crease, and you have to apply sparingly.  To me, nothing looks better when first applied, but they don't stay that way.  If you want your eye makeup to look the same a few hours later with no creasing ever, you would hate these.  For me, I don't mind using my finger and just slightly pressing my eye to fix the creases,  and I think a moist/cream shadow makes older eyes so much more youthful.  But, even I don't use them if I'm having a long important day.  I love their ingredients and will quickly use all their products on a no makeup day or to hang around the house because I feel that it’s like using a moisturizer that just happens to make me look better.    

I have used uncoverup. I don't think this is for everyone either, but I am guessing more people will probably like it than the eye polishes.  I have mixed them with their bronzer and luminzier and other things to create custom colors and finishes to use as tinted moisturizer. Lately I use Koh Gen Do MF instead.  For most skin types, I don't think you'd want to wear it that way, but I"m just sharing ideas about how flexible their products are.  Most people would want to use this as a concealer, I blend two of their colors together (all of their products mix/blend together perfectly, so it's easy to play). I have their products in an old mini lip palette because it's so easy just to have a whole face of makeup with me in one container I can use them in a pinch.  I do like it but it's not my favorite concealer.  It’s so easy to apply during the day if needed.

Living luminizer is one of their most loved products.  You just dab it on after it warms up on your fingers and gives the most gorgeous glow.  It's much more of a subtle sheen and glow than shimmer or sparkle (which I wouldn't use).  You can mix it with a lip gloss or cream blush too.  I can’t imagine anyone not liking their two highlighters unless you just don’t like cream products or want much more shimmer.  

Mix Master is my single favorite product that you would have to take out of my cold dead hands.  I can use it to warm up my face, as a highlighter, I can swipe it on my lids to perk me up when I'm just going for a natural but better look , I can mix it with cheek colors and lip gloss too.  I can do my whole face with this, add some mascara and brow product and I’m polished for a no makeup but better look.  I sound like I own stock in RMS at this point, I know!!!!

I love their lip shines and I prefer them to any gloss on the market.  I carry a lip brush because sticking my fingers in the pot when I'm out seems germy.  I use an empty pot and have a few colors in there together so I always have anything with me in a minimalist container.  I'll dab the excess on my cheeks too.  Everyone is different, but I thought I’d mention I use all their products all over my face and have never broken out.  

I love one of their Lip2cheek shades that I use as my blush and my lips (I’ll usually mix this with their lip shine).  Sometimes the left over on my finger goes on my eyes as well.  Most of their Lip2cheek shades are too warm for me.  If you have olive skin, I would imagine you might adore these.  

I had a sample of their coconut oil wipe and didn’t care for it.  It was the wipe itself I didn’t like.  

I had one bottle of the old formula of the face oil and thoroughly loved it.  I’m using Sunday Riley at the moment, so I haven’t tried the new formulation.

I tried one of their face brushes and it was too rough for my skin.  I’m uber sensitive though and only use the softest of softest brushes.  It was the cutest brush I’ve ever seen however.  I think their products work so well with the warmth of your finger, that I don’t really crave using a brush anyway.  

Aside from the glosses that I go through quickly, I put their other products into a palette so I can use them really quickly without opening and closing all the containers.  I store the jars in my fridge.  I've had some in there for years and they are still fresh.  

Full disclosure, I'm drier and older, so all these cream products make my skin look much more glowy and youthful.  If you are oily, I would imagine you wouldn't like them.

Good to see Sephora carrying more "natural, green beauty products". 

I used to use the uncoverup, but the coconut oil does not sit well with my skin. However, for those that don't have a problem with it, its a good product. 😃

I have not heard of this brand, though I am interested in checking it out!

I've been waiting on Birchbox to send me a sample from this brand, because I've read great things. Still waiting. Maybe, we will see something in the Play! Box.

I'm so interested in the uncoverup & the coconut cleanser...and the oil 😄

@Randell I haven't found it to lighten color a lot, but it adds shimmer.  So far I've only used it for matte lipsticks to give them more sheen and glow.

@Mochapj Thanks! That sounds so cool! Does it lighten the color by a little, or a lot?

@Randell I have!  I haven't mixed it with foundations, but I mix it with lip products and use it as a sheer highlight sometimes

I want to try the Living Luminizer & Master Mixer! 

Master Mixer:

"-Mix with any of your favorite products to add luminosity and iridescence"

Iridescence always gets me. Anyone tried this yet??

This is exciting!  The closest retailer is over an hour away.

Excited that rms beauty has made it to Sephora! I've held off on trying it because in Canada it hasn't been that accessible to me.  I would love to try the Living Luminizer I've heard so much about and hope that Sephora will also be getting the Lip2Cheek colours as well.

RMS Beauty has always been "the J Crew makeup"  in my mind (a few years ago they announced that's what they used on their models.) I've always wanted to like RMS but haven't found that special enough to product yet. Looking forward to giving this line another go!

I'm intrigued to trial  this brand after reading all the comments above. If so many BTers like it then it is worth checking !

All of your excitement is making me even more excited! So apparently I need to get my hands on the Living Luminizer... What are some other must-haves from rms? 

I tried my friends luminizer from RMS beauty and I LOVED how natural it looked. Definitely going to pick that up from sephora now. 

Yay new brand! I've seen this brand on Birchbox but have never tried it. I'm really interested in the luminizer, concealer, and beauty oil! Excited for more reviews and photos

So excited!  I have been a big fan of the brand for years, I'm excited to try to master mixer!

Yayyyy! -so excited that Sephora is now carrying RMS beauty! I am a huge fan of natural/clean/healthy beauty products that also perform!!! I look forward trying more products from the brand! Love the Living Luminizer!

25 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • 05.14_WNW_V4.jpg
testing