Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

What’s New Wednesday: Water Drop Moisturizer!?

Water Drop_v8.jpg

On a quest for a new way to treat dry, lackluster skin? Dr. Jart+ Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer actually transforms into tiny water droplets when it comes into contact with your skin, which absorb for all-day hydration. This super-hydrating moisturizer brightens while relieving and revitalizing dry, sensitive skin. It prevents the visible signs of aging with its concentrated antioxidants for a healthy-looking complexion. Just rub the moisturizer onto your skin, patting the remaining liquid droplets into skin to absorb. It’s the modern way to achieve lightweight hydration and a healthy-looking complexion. –Lauren P.

Any tips on keeping your skin healthy and hydrated? Show & Tell!

Re: What’s New Wednesday: Water Drop Moisturizer!?

I'm so obsessed with these new Dior mask pods! They are amazing for my dry skin. I apply at night as a sleeping mask and wake up to skin that's hydrated all day, and my makeup applies beautifully.

http://www.sephora.com/hydra-life-beauty-awakening-rehydrating-mask-capsules-P408131?skuId=1814722&i...

I try to drink water now because I used to not really drink enough at all! I use thicker moisturizers as my skin is so so dry and the climate where I am is semi arid which that plus the hard water just completely a strips the skin of its precious oils. My skin is always so so dry. This product sounds nice. I hope to try it 🙂

This product sounds so cool! I love Dr. Jart.

For me, I keep my skin hydrated by using sleeping masks 2-3 times a week. My current favorite is Boscia's Tsubaki one. I also love using face mists throughout the day, Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist is one of my ultimate faves. 

This looks super intriguing! I may need to try it out this summer.

Summer here = lots of AC = super dry skin.

I have been using Evian water spray everyday for decades...I don't know what I would do without it!

http://www.sephora.com/mineral-water-spray-P2043?skuId=1158716&icid2=brand%20content_evian_bestselle...

This sounds very refreshing and light! 

Some things I do to care for my skin to keep it healthy and hydrated:

• start from the inside- try to hydrate with lots of water (much easier for me in the summer than winter even though my skin needs it more in the winter)
  • Use warm water instead of hot- especially when washing my face.
  • exfoliate with either my clarisonic or chemical exfoliant as needed by my skin (usually about twice total per week).
  • use an essence before applying serum/moisturizer 
  • sometimes I mix oil with my foundation or moisturizer and sometimes just apply it alone, depending on how supple my skin looks & feels. 
  • Clarify with a deep pore mask at least once a week 
  • Add a hydration mask as my skin feels it needs it

@kssweetheart I haven't tried it personally but I hear it has an herbal scent. This may be worth testing in-store to see if it's for you!

Wow those are some amazing tips, thanks for sharing 🙂 *scours the internet for a humidifier*

Wowser! The name alone is so enticing, someone really had their thinking cap on! This sounds so amazing, the description was quite helpful. I really want to buy it right now! My only hesitation is the fragrance. That can be a real deal breaker for me. Do you know what it smells like and if the smell lingers?

My moisturizing tips - One way to keep my skin hydrated is by using Evian Mineral Water Sprays - or something like it. Nice and cool in the summer but great in the winter months too.

The other way I stay hydrated in the winder is by using a humidifier. There are tons of them out there in all shapes, sizes and price points. (I need a new one, so very hard to decide.) I usually have it on all night long in my bedroom, sometimes even during the day, can't hurt. It doesn't need to be a warm mist, cool is just fine. You can place them in any room of the house for day and/or night use. My preference is night time bedroom.

You know how you wake up in the winter and your throat can feel sore and scratchy? It's a thing of the past in my little world. It also helps moisten the nasal passages, sounds funny, but for me it's a great plus. It definitely makes a difference in my skins moisture level and appearance. I promise. You could use a cool mist one in the summer if you're in a more arid climate or if it's just hot whereever you live you can use a nice cool mist while the a/c is running, especially if your a/c has a 'dry' setting. You might not need to use it as often during hazy, hot, humid summers. Depends on your needs.

*Bonus - It's also good for wood furniture (maybe even wood doors and window frames.) It actually provides moisture to the wood - not wetness, just moisture. It will keep your wood furniture looking great for decades to come, especially if there is a wooden heirloom in the family that will be passed on to future generations. It really helps.Those are the best tips I can think of at the moment.

I lied - there's always good old moisturize immediately after your shower especially in the winter.(some people don't even fully dry off) Nobody is going to want to read this next one, but fewer hot showers 😔, particularly difficult in the winter when a long hot shower feels Soooooo good! Maybe a short hot shower will have to do. Or start hot and finish up warm. (Then cool as a final rinse for my hair) Another obvious one is using a gentle moisturizing soap or shower gel. Guess that's about it. Hope this helps someone, sorry it's so long.

P.S. - When we moved to our new house I had a possible reaction to something used on the floors, the Dermatologist wasn't 100% sure. My feet were a mess, so dry cracked and painful. But she suggested avoiding pricey Rx's or fancy foot lotions to start off. Believe it or not, she had me use

A-D Ointment (correct spelling? A+D? Should remember, we always say A and D ointment.) It's like Desitin that you use for babies tender little bottoms. She had me use the A&D at night, with socks on if doable. Problem solved! Without tons of $$. Just an idea. Thinking better for night time treatments when/where needed - it doesn't have a gross smell, but I wouldn't want to smell like it all day long. Imagine what people might think! 😛

Finally, The End.

thanks!!

Thank you!

@sephoraaddict322 Here you go: Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Arbutin, Sodium chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hyaluronic Acid, Camellia sinensis leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance

thanks.. if you can post the full ingredient list i'd appreciate it.. without knowing each specific ingredient i'm unable to determine if it's a product i can use. 

@sephoraaddict322 and @HarlemJPN here are the key ingredients:

• Centella Asiatica Extract controls and promotes collagen synthesis.
  • Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate converts into Vitamin C to remove aggressors created by excessive exposure to UV rays.
  • Green Tea Extract is an antioxidant that removes free radicals.
  • Sodium Hyaluronate holds 6,000 times more moisture content than its weigh to provide elasticity and moisture.

Hope that helps!

Katie

Yes, please! Publish ingredient deck!

what are the ingredients? under the ingredients tab it only lists Hyaluronic Acid. i need a full ingredient list. thanks!

14 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos1
  • Water Drop_v8.jpg
testing