cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

What's New Wednesday: U.F.O.

07.18_WNW.jpg

On breakout days, we set our sights on Sunday Riley’s U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil to soothe our acne woes. This fast-acting, quick-drying, medicated, dry oil helps clear up acne and blackhead-causing buildup and debris from congested pores. Formulated with 1.5 percent salicylic acid to promote blemish-free skin, it’s also powered by tea tree and black cumin seed oils to support clear skin. It’s infused with hexylresorcinol and licorice to naturally brighten the look of dark spots for a more even-toned appearance. As an added bonus, it contains milk thistle and cucumber seed oils, which work together to smooth the appearance of lines and wrinkles and prevent your skin from drying out—without leaving behind a greasy residue. It’s the solution to clearer skin that you’ve been searching for. –Lauren P.

Oil for acne? What do you think?!

Anonymous Insider

Re: What's New Wednesday: U.F.O.

This product is currently my holy grail.  It takes care of major bumps overnight and controls my complexion so impending or active breakouts are practically invisible.  I am always eager to pass some out to friends when they have an emergency.  For dry skin, it's best as a spot treatment and only once or twice a day.  Otherwise, while there are drying ingredients, there are also soothing and moisturizing ingredients, so it's all about balanced usage.

Yeah, I'd, too, like to know for sure if UFO is or isn't good for dry skin. In its description, on UFO's page, it says it is good for dry skin, as well. So, why do they list dry skin there, if it's not intended for dry skin? Would be nice if someone could explain this for us dry skin folks. If it's ok for spot treatment only, they should point that out, too. It's a bit confusing...

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Normal
✔ Oily
✔ Combination
✔ Dry
✔ Sensitive

Oh, btw - my skin loooves neem! 🙂

@KatieBT thank you so much for having answers to my question from SR! I am excited to try U.F.O. 😄

I'm pretty much all in on green goo that references Aliens (I blame watching Roswell at an emotionally tender time in my life). I'm so in that even though at my advanced age acne isn't my primary problem, I may go for the Martian toner, anyway, as it saddens me that the UFO just doesn't seem appropriate for my dry, wrinkle-prone skin. Unless, of course, somebody can tell me why that assumption is incorrect. Totally open to that.

@moxiepancakes it smells exactly like Luna to me!

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to adding UFO and Luna to my skincare routine.

Very interested in this concept how does it smell? 

@KatieBT thanks for sharing SR's answer! That's great that the colour isn't from dyes...it's quite an intense green. The ingredients list is super promising. I obtained a small sample today and can't wait to try it out! Still crossing my fingers for a UFO promo like the Luna promos in the past!

@KatieBT it makes sense when I think about it.  We use it because it's a organic alternative to pesticides and chemicals, so why not use it for your skin, too.

I'm even more interested in trying this now! 🙂

@Mochapj hahaha that's hilarious! I just had to look it up out of curiosity and it's also amazing for skin... Who knew?

Wow @KatieBT it has Neem oil in it?  That's interesting - I use that in my garden for keeping pests away from my tomatoes 😄

@TriesToBoClassy we asked the brand about what makes U.F.O. green and got an amazing answer from Sunday!

Turns out that U.F.O. gets that green coloring from plant ingredients, specifically "extracts of: Neem leaf and flower, eggplant, aloe, basil, turmeric, coccinia indica (vine native to Asia), and red seaweed (coralline officinalis)."

As far as using U.F.O. with Luna and Good Genes, Sunday shared...

"U.F.O. can be incorporated any number of ways into a Luna and/or Good Genes routine.  The only thing I would avoid (only because it might be TOO much oil for an oily skinned client), is to use Luna and U.F.O. at the same time.

I would alternate, U.F.O. in the morning, Luna at night or U.F.O. on Monday, Wed, Fri evening, and Luna on Tu/Thur/Sat evening.  I also recommended blending a little bit of U.F.O. into your foundation in the palm of your hand before application, to give great anti-acne benefits to your color.

Good Genes can be applied after Luna or U.F.O."

Well I just learned a ton! Hope that helps 🙂 

Katie

OMG need this!!!  I love the Luna Oil so I am very interested in trying this! Like everyone else said, hopefully this comes out in a promo code!! 😄

This is PROMO CODE worthy!

I like the Luna Oil.  Very balancing. 

I really want to try this. I wish my SIJCP carried it. 

I've had some success using certain oils with my acne prone skin, so I'm definitely interested!  I hope Sephora offers a promo so we can give this a try soon.

I hope Sunday Riley and Sephora will release a promo soon. This looks promising but I bought a full bottle of Luna un-tested and that was an expensive mistake I won't repeat!

For anyone with dry skin: SR addressed this isnt intended for dry skin as its a drying oil. That being said, it may work as a spot treatment but I'm not sure. It would be a great promo for anyone to try! I love Luna even for acne- I'm a dry skin customer and seldom have breakouts but have found Luna to be effective. I'm very interested to see the new items SR comes out with for us dry skin customers (they're working on something) 🙂

I think I'll try this next. Hope it's in a promo!

i absolutely believe in oil for acne. i even use oil as a spot treatment. clears out the infected spot, and then keeps the skin nourished so no scarring. i'm  very interested in this new oil

33 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • 07.18_WNW.jpg
testing