cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

What's New Wednesday: The Power of Makeup

WNW_08.03.jpg

Hot off the presses—Too Faced has teamed up with Global Beauty Megastar NikkieTutorials to create a unique, limited-edition, all-in-one kit that celebrates the transformative power of makeup. The exclusive collection features some of NikkieTutorials' favorite products designed to create a multitude of transformative looks from au naturel to all-out glam.

The Power of Makeup By NikkieTutorials

Wrapped in the festive packaging are nine eye shadows, a deluxe Better Than Sex Mascara in an exclusive purple shade, NikkieTutorials’ go-to highlighter in Champagne Truffle, and much, much more.

Do you think makeup is powerful? Show & Tell!

Re: What's New Wednesday: The Power of Makeup

I think Nikkie calling the original video "the power of makeup" was almost like a jab at everyone saying things like "take her swimming on the first date" and the many other similar memes. She also later addressed this with a light-hearted tutorial. She wanted to embrace how she looks naturally, so she left one half of her face bare. The other side she used to transform herself with makeup. This is why it is powerful-- she was confident about herself while showing her bare face as well as the difference she can make with makeup rather than acting like she was born with chiseled cheekbones. It is powerful to admit your "flaws" while also not being ashamed to change them with makeup if its something you enjoy doing. 

If makeup can make you feel more confident then I suppose you can attribute power to it, though in the end, that power comes from your own mind.  

Anonymous Insider

It depends on how you use it. Some women put on too much and it makes them look like a clown. You also have to clean your face before going to bed or it will make you look old. IJS

For me makeup is powerful. Makeup makes me feel pretty, it's a confidence booster, it makes me feel like I can go out the door in the morning and handle anything that's thrown my way.

As a side note I'm super excited for this collaboration! 

When I first started working, I was sitting at my desk looking at an Avon book.  One of the men in my office came in and said, "Ahhh, warpaint."  I've never thought of makeup the same.  It's like the football players who put the black stuff under their eyes.  Makeup is the "black stuff" under my eyes.  I feel more confident when I wear it, but if I stopped wearing makeup, I would eventually begin to feel confident anyway.  What purpose does makeup really serve?  None.  It's like wearing a business suite vs. jeans and a t-shirt to work.  You look and feel better and get noticed in a positive way.  Let's just drop the stupid marketing gimmicks!

Every time I head "the power of makeup" I think:

cinderella-transformation-gif.gif

No makeup isn't powerful. It's a medium with no inherent qualities. "The power of makeup" is a cute trendy phrase Nikki tutorials did a video on and it went viral, but at the end of the day, makeup itself doesn't make someone powerful and moreover, feeling attractive -- while it may make you more confident, at the end of the day attractiveness =/= power.  You might get more attention or be able to command a slightly higher salary over your female counterparts who don't use makeup, but at the end of the day beauty is ephemeral. 

Yes, makeup can make a difference in how you look and enhance your features but to quote Jordan Liberty, "It's not a magic wand."

cute tie phrase but ugly marketing approach. 

Are you guys sure that mascara is actually a full sized one? I think it's a mini!  And makeup is powerful! It can make someone feel completely different than they do without it! I know I feel super sexy and confident when I do a full face and go out dancing!

Yes, makeup is powerful, in my opinion. It makes me feel more polished and self confident. Even if I am having a bad day or feeling down, the ritual of applying my makeup instantly brightens my day!

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos2
  • WNW_08.03.jpg
  • cinderella-transformation-gif.gif
testing