Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

What's New Wednesday: Super Greens

01.18_WNW.jpg

Perricone MD Super Greens Dietary Supplement

They say true beauty starts from within. This tasty dietary supplement is designed to provide a host of essential vitamins and minerals to fight against free radicals, detoxify, nourish, and help you look and feel lovely. Each single-serve powder packet contains tons of vitamins A, C, riboflavin, B6, folic acid, and antioxidants from 11 vegetable sources. Tastes great, too! –Kris G.

How do you get your greens? Show & Tell!

Re: What's New Wednesday: Super Greens

I'm with @DiVWA.  Why take a supplement when you can actually eat all those great greens and other veggies?!

@JoannaMarieC - My mouth is watering!  🙂

I love smoothies! I don't like to sugar myself out with a juice so I get my greens smoothie style so I will still get my fiber in. I like this new item however I don't know if I would spring on a full package will a trial size be sold?

I love, love, love roasted veggies! I'll take a mix of veggies and add olive oil, sea salt, pepper (and sometimes other herbs and spices) and roast them for approximately 45 minutes, stirring halfway. My favorite is crispy, roasted brussel sprouts! 

@KatieBT

Im not wearing my glasses and the first thing I thought of when I saw that photo on the box was a bud. OOPS! 

Ok so back to the original topic. I used to hate greens. I would do anything to avoid eating them but now I really like eating healthy. I make a salad with a variety of greens ranging from kale, spinach, arugula, romaine lettuce. I toss in some more veggies, maybe some fruit and add some vinaigrette dressing. It all depends on my mood and what I have in my fridge.

My all time favorite leafy green is hydroponic butter lettuce. If I had a greenhouse I'd grow it myself to avoid paying the $5 per lettuce head.

I used to buy the pre-made green smoothies from Bolthouse and Naked and was chugging them like it was nothing. Well soon enough my pants started to feel snug and I was shocked to discover how much sugar is in these beverages. Now I make my own green smoothies and monitor how much sugar (fruit; yes there is a ton of sugar in fruit) I mix in with my greens (usually kale/spinach). They taste pretty good and don't have that sugary after taste you find in a lot of pre-made smoothies. 🙂

Is it weird that I actually eat them?

I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather drink my kale than chew it!

When it comes to green beauty products, I tried that green First Aid Beauty spray in a store last weekend, and it was so refreshing! And definitely smelled like a smoothie.

Funny enough, I just drank my green Bolthouse Farm juice a few days ago! 😛

One superfood/green product that I've been in love with is Nails Inc.'s Nail Kale Base Coat. When I first saw it launch I kind of scoffed thinking "C'mon, is kale REALLY necessary in nail care?!?" but after deciding to give my nails a long break from doing gel manicures I figured if I'm going to invest in a fortified base coat, what could it hurt? 

Since then I won't use another base coat, it's quick drying, has made a huge difference in the strength of my nails (thus in turn my nails grow longer), and I love the wide curved brush as my cuticles/nail beds are more curved versus being square. I'm not going to say it's solely the kale in the formula that has made this item a star, but I'm convinced it's a great item and have even turned some family and friends to it. It's sturdy enough to where I can do two coats and leave my nails as is for a few days if I can't get to color right away. 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos1
  • 01.18_WNW.jpg
testing