cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

What's New Wednesday: Ouai

12.17_WNW.jpg

There’s nothing like an incredible, red carpet-ready hair day. Designed by the much-loved celebrity stylist Jen Atkin for the busy woman in fashion, editorial, runway, music video, and films, Ouai Haircare features a complete range of products that creates effortless everyday style. –Tracy J.

Treatment Masque

This luxurious, restorative mask is formulated with artichoke leaf extract to leave strands incredibly soft and smooth in as little as one treatment. Hair is protected, silky, and ultra-hydrated.

Texturizing Hair Spray

This lightweight hair spray not only holds hair in place, it builds volume and adds texture for a voluminous look and feel. Hair is left delicately scented with Ouai No. 3 fragrance, which contains notes of Italian bergamot, water lily, and white musk.

Hair Oil

It’s all about the oils. This multitasking oil smooths frizz and seals split ends for a vibrant finish. Great for use as a hydrating overnight hair mask, hair will be shiny and touchably soft.

What's your first impression of Ouai? Show & tell!

Re: What's New Wednesday: Ouai

I will definitely have to check it out then.

@ragdoll4mom it smells like fresh gardenias in my opinion!

KatieBT, what is the scent of the hair oil?  It has so many different things that could create the dominant smell.

Let me tell you the scent of the hair oil, has that smell like you just got your hair done at the salon! Definitely love Ouai hair products! I think Jen Atkins is a hair goddess and let me tell you all the products exceeded my expectations!

I'm planning to buy the wave spray and texturizing hair spray today!  PS, yes, this is pronounced "way" but the proper way to pronounce the word "yes" in french is "wee".  The difference between ouai and oui is that one is more casual than the other, so they mean the same thing but are pronounced differently.  If you are taught french, you learn to say oui, not ouai.

I follow Jen Atkin on Instagram and I'm definitely going to check her line out. Looks amazing. Congrats Jen.

@wildhoney let us know how you like the wave spray! If it smells anything like the oil I may need to try that out... 

@katieBT i wouldn't know either if i hadn't read the article! 

anyways i am excited to try the products! i just bought the wave spray.  i have naturally curly/wavy hair so i am excited to see how it will perform.

I have never heard of this brand before, but I am definitely intrigued. The SMOOTH shampoo and conditioner seem right up my alley and I'm also interested in the hair masks. I have very picky curly dry hair so I'll probably have to sample this before I commit.

btw, the best way I can describe how to say Ouai is "weh" (like saying the word "wet" without the "T"). Slowed down it sounds like you're saying "ooh" and "eh" (like the e in elephant). (My first language is French and I'm a language/linguistics nerd. lol)

Ooh! Can't wait to try it. 

@wildhoney glad I'm not the only one pronouncing it wrong! That's what I get for consulting the internet... And I guess cat's out the bag that I don't speak French 🙂 

@kssweetheart I tried out the Hair Oil today and it smells incredible and made my hair feel so silky so it's definitely worth trying out!

I like the description of the products shown, I think they could work for me. These need to go on my loves list for sure.

I also like the clean, sleek and simple packaging, good choice by their Marketing Department.

Regardless of pronunciation, I hope 'we' will see more products in this line. I like to try an entire line of Haircare - shampoo, conditioner and after products  (or overnight products in the case of the Hair Oil) Once I try an entire line, then I pick and choose and play around with mixing different brands to achieve desired results. I look forward to seeing reviews and, as usual, I'm always curious about the scent of products. Looking good to me though. 😊 Thanks for highlighting this new brand katieBT.

"You can be your friend that's correcting your other girlfriends . . . 'no, it's pronounced way.'  - Directly from an article with Jen Atkin.  It's based on the french "ouais" which is casual for oui.

@H216 it's "yes" in French so pronounced "weee!" The name alone sold me on the brand. 

How do you pronounce it?

15 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos1
  • 12.17_WNW.jpg
testing