Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

What's New Wednesday: Nilotica

02.08_WNW.jpg

LXMI Pure Nilotica Melt Nourishing Balm-to-Oil

Discover the secrets of the Nile. This vegan, naturally derived overnight moisturizer nourishes and provides rich hydration with 100 percent organic Nilotica Reserve. The soothing balm-to-oil formula melts into skin to provide overnight moisture and help protect the skin from dryness and signs of aging. Nilotica Reserve is rich in essential fatty acids (25 percent more than shea butter) and is perfect for soothing skin through dry winter air or long flights. –Kris G.

What’s your favorite skin-nourishing product? Show & Tell!

Re: What's New Wednesday: Nilotica

Hi again, it's Leila here. This product is definitely ideal for face -- here's a quick video overview on how to apply it to your face (featuring me - yikes!). Let us know what you think!

This sounds a lot like May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon.

i have combo-oily skin, and products that typically claim to be "nourishing" typically can be too heavy for my skin (even if i love how they feel). 

i think of "nourishing" products as skin food and "hydrating" products as, well, skin drink. my skin is typically well fed (thanks oil) but constantly thirsty. my facial oils are typically dehydration and clarifying oriented, while my moisturizers are light and more water based.

so, that said, i love a cleanser that is 'nourishing' as it comes off and i don't risk it clogging my pores. REN evercalm gentle cleansing milk comes to mind. it's thick but not too thick. super comforting to massage your face with (i use this as a morning cleanser or a second cleanse after my makeup has already been removed), it smells vaguely of tea, i'd say. 

http://www.sephora.com/evercalm-gentle-cleansing-milk-P174626?skuId=1585645&icid2=products%20grid:p1...

Anonymous Insider

@lostaloha Hi, this is Leila, founder of LXMI! Thanks so much for your question. Nilotica Reserve™ is a rich, hydrating skin butter, so it's most appropriate for dry, dehydrated and sensitive skin types. That being said, it is classified as non-comedogenic, so we've had reports that it is helping clients with acne-prone skin. For example, a Sephora Sr. Skincare Advisor wrote us the following: 
"It has helped a ton with controlling my eczema patches around my chin, but also helped quickly heal a couple hormonal pimples! I'm a fan!"

We hope that you will give it a try to see if your skin enjoys its benefits. In my experience, the Melt makes my skin more hydrated and supple, so my breakouts are kept at bay, and, if they do appear, they heal much more quickly. Let me know how it goes. Xx.

How does this behave with acne prone skin?  Many products labeled acne safe don't actually work for me, my skin seems to be very fussy.  I'm very intrigued by this product 🙂

Oh wow! For some reason I assumed balm-to-oil was for cleansing like a cleansing balm. So this is an intense face moisturizer? Awesome!

As for myself, I don't know if I can name a favorite because I only have products which are facial oils only or moisturizers only. But I'll keep my eye out for even more suggestions that will pop up in this thread.

Oh I'm so excited to try this! I have been using Creme du Nil and I thought it might be too rich for my face, but it's actually great for winter especially on the tops of my cheeks and temples where I get a lot of dryness. I was breaking out when I first tried it and was worried the rich texture was contributing, but my cleanser was actually the culprit. I've recently started using it again and am really enjoying it.  

The other stand out nourishing product from my routine is La Mer's Treatment Lotion. It's more of a thin serum or essence in texture but it is so deeply hydrating and nourishing.  This is a new product for me and I didn't realize how much I loved it until I stopped using it for a few days and my skin went back to being dull and dry.  I quickly put it back in my line-up!

I love the packaging, too. Not too sure if the shea butter would be to heavy for my skin, but it totally looks worth trying. 

One of my favourite skin nourishing products is Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream.

I also enjoy her original 100% Argan Oil.

And even though its not sold at Sephora anymore, the Rescue Oil from NUDE. It bums me so that I'm running low on my stash.

What a cool concept! Balm to oil sounds more efficient to use 🙂 I'm loving the elegant packaging too. 

This sounds similar to the Dr Jart Ceramidin Oil Balm. I just found a sample in my stash and I've started to use it now. I'm not sure if I like it yet, lol.

I really like Shiseido Benefiance Nutriperfect Night Cream, but I think it's been discontinued on the SephoraCanada site. It's more of a thicker cream, but I feel that really hydrates my skin. They used to have another just called Shiseido Benefiance Revitalizing Cream a few years ago that I really loved, but also discontinued. 

Thanks for the quick response @KatieBT!   This is definitely something I will aim to try.  Oddly enough, the product hat has worked best for intense nurturing/moisturizing for my face lately has been Clinique Moisture Surge.  I used to hate that stuff, but after starting a new prescription face gel, Moisture Surge has been the only thing that can really calm my skin down.

@Tamara76 it looks like this product is meant to be used on the face as a moisturizer and a mask but I bet it would do wonders on the body as well!

This is intriguing!  I am super interested in LXMI after we got to chat with the founder a few weeks ago.

Is the Nilotica Melt meant to be used on your face? Body? Both?

I'm currently loving Tatcha Indigo Soothing Body Butterbto nourish my skin, but am always on the lookout for new products.

This sounds interesting... something I would want to try. On the love list it goes!

I don't know if I have a favorite at the moment but I am trying different things from May Lindstrom, Odacite, Consonant, Josie Maran and Fresh.  I really like oils, balms or "richer" creams. I have to be careful though some products have too much of a strong scent that I just can't handle.

14 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 32 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos1
  • 02.08_WNW.jpg
testing