Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

What’s New Wednesday: Kopari

Kopari’s Hawaiian-born co-founder, and certified organic chef, Kiana Cabell sought to create rich, coconut oil-based products for head-to-toe nourishment and beauty. Kopari’s coconut oil is sustainably sourced from the Philippine Islands and they believe that products crafted from pure and premium materials perform, smell, and feel the best. We’ve rounded up some of our faves for any beauty routine. -Lauren P. 

Polish and hydrate skin for a gorgeous glow with the Coconut Crush Scrub. Coconut oil, crushed Tahitian coconut shells, and brown sugar buff and hydrate dry, dull skin for a silky smooth, radiant glow.

Coconut Melt is coconut oil that melts on contact as an undereye rescue, to nourish nails, remove makeup, hydrate hands, and even as a hair mask. This oil is ideal for dry skin, eczema-prone skin, and chemically-treated hair, and is enriched with fatty acids to seal in moisture and target inflammation.

Coconut Body Glow hydrates, supports antiaging, and creates a flattering, all-over glow. Just add it to your go-to lotion for subtle illumination, or apply it to the cheeks, collarbone, and brow bones for a more radiant highlight.

Are you using coconut oil in your beauty routine? Show & Tell!

Re: What’s New Wednesday: Kopari

Definitely interested in this, especially the scrub. Dreaming of far off beaches is one of my favourite winter activities. In the bath, with a coconut scrub just adds to my beach fantasizing ( I live in Canada) I would finish up my bath with the spritz and the smell would take me back when I'd get a whiff. Mmmm coconuts.... 

@KatieBT I was told I should shampoo my hair, and the put the coconut oil in my hair, leave it for twenty minutes, and then rinse it out and condition as usual

I haven't even heard of this brand until I saw this thread! Looks interesting, I love the smell of coconut oil and my mom swears by it as a beauty product! I definitely want to try something out from this line. Especially since they are from Hawaii and so am I. 

I too drench myself daily in coconut oil right out of the raw material container. I've never used it on my hair tho.

I'm glad to see new products out using my holy grail as its base rather then mineral oil or other oils that tend to spoil.

I would love to try this line out 🙂

Yay a new brand! I've never heard of them before so this is exciting. I am interested in the sheer oil, but concerned about the shea butter in it being too heavy for my face. But I will probably definitely try the body milk and scrub this winter. My lizard skin needs all the help it can get in the winter haha

I used good old organic raw coconut oil.  I use it all-over on whatever needs moisturizing.

My #1 tip is after I shave/wax, I use it on legs, bikini, underarms.  My skin is soooo soft, no stubbles for days and everything very silky smooth especially if I wax.

I feel like I need less deodorant and  stay patting my baby soft underarms.  Which is a very nice feeling after growing out to wax.  Ooooops, TMI????  hahahaha!

(I use Veet wax strips and also the coconut oil afterwards to remove the residue).

Just my two cents regarding the comedogenic issue. I have highly sensitive skin that breaks out due to many things, silicone being the main culprit. Even though everyone says silicone won't clog your pores, doesn't suffocate your skin, has no science to backup the breakout claim, yada yada, I'm living proof that silicones can and do cause cystic acne and massive zits. When I do wear my favorite foundation (which contains silicone), I have to wash it off the minute I get home, which is still risky for me. And I can't, under any circumstances, use skincare with silicone in it. It was the main reason my skin was terrible for years. 

Sooooo where I'm going is coconut oil. Everyone is different, and just because you are acne prone, do not write off coconut oil that easily. I use coconut oil daily. On my face, on my lips, elbows, feet, as a pre-cleanse makeup remover, under my eyes, in my hair and I use it to shave. I've been using it for around five years. And no, it has not caused any extra breakouts. I even put it ON active breakouts. It's naturally antibacterial and it's very soothing to angry, red zits. 

I'm happy to see more companies embracing this product, especially organic versions of coconut oil. The TL;DR is give coconut oil a chance, even if you are acne prone. Try it on a small area to test it first. I have had ZERO breakouts from it. 

Coconut melt & scrub sounds amazing. 

I currently use coconut oil (in conjunction with tea tree oil) on my hair 🙂 

It's super dry where I live, and the oil helps my scalp & hair a lot. 

Oooh..Coconut Melt sounds heavenly!

I currently have Madam CJ's Scent and Shine Coconut Oil and IGK Rich Kid's Coconut Oil Gel in my rotation (I use different products depending on my mood).

I used to use plain Trader Joe's coconut oil on my skin and it did clogged my pores, I don't know if it's because I use a food-grade instead of a cosmetic grade, but right now, I'm loving coconut oil on my hair!

I love coconut oil.  I use the boring plain natural one available everywhere but I also like it in products.  It works great for my skin and hair.

I'll check this brand out.  I've never heard of it but as a Coconut oil fan why not!!!

I cannot use coconut oil on my face as it causes me painful, cystic acne.  It's because it's highly comedogenic.  Opinions do not alter comedogenic ratings.

Also, houses with old plumbing should not use coconut oil that hasn't been treated so that it stays in a liquid state.  It can solidify in the plumbing and cause blockages.  Some things just aren't safe to wash down the drain.

However, products that have been treated and aren't used in the hair and face, I absolutely love!  Coconut is one of my favorite ingredients, and I'm really interested in trying Kopari.

@carrieloulou here's the brand's response, hope this helps!

While there are conflicting opinions on whether coconut oil is comedogenic or non-comedogenic, coconut oil does contain several properties that are known to soothe skin. We have had an overwhelming amount of customers share stories of how Kopari products have improved their skin. According to our consumer study involving 105 subjects:

• After 28 days of using the Coconut Melt 96% of women said their face, skin, hair and nails have never looked better.
  • After 28 days 93% of women said the Coconut Melt was non-irritating to their skin and eye area.
  • After 28 days of use, 88% of women said the Coconut Sheer Oil improved skin’s clarity.
  • After 28 days of using the Coconut Sheer Oil, 86% of women said their skin looked clearer. 

Kopari looks awesome. I have used the Madame CJ Walker scent and shine oil from the play box a couple times. The first time was pre-shower on dirty hair. It said it could be used pre wash for extra moisture. As usual, I did ends and worked up to roots. I'm so glad I was about to shower because it is not for my roots at all! Had to double wash to get it out. I loved the smell of it though so tried it as a refresher and one small drop worked great on my ends only. I'm glad I found a way to use this that worked for me. I was skeptical about getting it in my box but the smell alone does it for me.

The coconut melt sounds interesting!

@sultananatalie what do you mean by it wrecking your hair? If you explain how you used it I can see if there are some helpful tips for you!

@carrieloulou I would imagine the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of coconut oil may decongest pores for some but everyone reacts differently. I'm no expert though so I'll see what the brand has to say!

Coconut oil is comedogenic.  How does Kopari deal with this? 

I use the scrub in the shower! it's nice, it leaves my skin super soft after using it 🙂 

Some of my much loved DevaCurl products contain coconut oil. Although I straightened my hair today, I used the SuperCream Coconut Styler to smooth and fight frizz.

The Kopari line looks interesting!

@KatieBT - The balm is a bit thick and extremely moisturizing so it has been great on on my heels and for my extremely dry hands.  The scrub has been wonderful, I don't find it harsh in anyway and it doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy after being washed off like some other scrubs do.  My skin just feels soft and moisturized.  I can't wait to try the body milk soon. 

I used coconut oil as a mask once and it wrecked my hair. Any tips on how to use it better next time?

23 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing