cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

What's New Wednesday: Gold Spun Lip Balm

09.28_WNW.jpg

Looking for a lip balm with a touch of glistening gold? Tatcha’s antioxidant-rich Camellia Gold Spun Lip Balm contains 23-karat gold flakes to add a hint of sensual golden shimmer to lips. The ultra-hydrating, quick-absorbing balm is enriched with nourishing camellia oil and squalene, melting into lips for a smooth, soft, supple feel. It’s great to use as an all-over lip sheer with a lustrous, eye-catching finish. Simply swipe on whenever lips are in need of some T.L.C. and apply as needed throughout the day. –Tracy J.

What's the most luxe beauty product you've used? Show & Tell!

Re: What's New Wednesday: Gold Spun Lip Balm

Wow that is decadence! i'm sure you would feel like a goddess wearing 23 karat gold flake lip balm. I love tatcha's products and their packaging is always so beautiful ❤️ Someday I may just toss all resistance aside and buy their whole line.

This is interesting and beautiful in the jar!  Tatcha makes such high quality products that the Camelia Gold Sun Lip Balm is probably right up there with the rest of their line.  I would love to try it!

I just added this to my loves!

I love this lippy! It reminds me of the one with the gold foil on top that they had/have?

And that by far has to be the must luxurious product I have used.

@DiVWA @bratknits @k617 @lipstick4soul we got in contact with Tatcha and they confirmed that the gold is edible so similar to what you'd decorate dessert with 🙂 

Its so pretty and luxurious! 

That looks so pretty but I would never want to use it because it's too gorgeous to stick a finger/brush in lol

amazing!

@franceslovesyou I think the only difference is that this one is not a sheet of gold overlay on top but specks of gold in the lip balm.

does anyone know what the difference between this and the gold sheet version is? 

@DiVWA i assume they use edible gold leaf like they would for food. The regular version of this balm is clear with a little sheet of gold leaf on the top. Doesnt mean someone sensitive wouldnt have a reaction but not unheard of. 

Wow, this is so beautiful! Would be so pretty sitting on a vanity.

@DiVWA I don't know the effects of gold on your body but I wouldn't worry about it as long as the gold isn't actually another metal that's gold coloured.

Edible gold flakes and gold leaf are used for cake decorations so if Tatcha is using a similar type/grade or better, there should be no concerns.

Edit: found an order for gold leaf I ordered years ago for cake decorating. That one is also 23k gold.

Gold is fine on the lips, they used to, and sometimes still do, use it for dental work.  It does however give me contact dermatitis depending on what it's cut with so that 1 karat of unknown makes this one a pass.

This lip balm looks pretty but I wonder if gold metal on lips is all that safe (especially if it's accidentally ingested when licking lips).

Oh I am always on the lookout for new lip balms! I have my HG which can't be beat but I still like to try new ones. On the love list it goes 😄

Omg this looks so beautiful, I wouldn't even want to touch it! Just added to my loves list! 

16 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • 09.28_WNW.jpg
testing