Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

What’s New Wednesday: Endless Waves

11.09_WNW.jpg

Bio Ionic Eternity Wand Pro Styling Wand 1"

Let’s talk about Bio Ionic’s latest tool for a minute: the Eternity Wand Pro Styling Wand. Want to create a head of modern curls that last and last? This clipless wand stepped it up with natural volcanic rock mineral that infuses micro hydration into your hair, while BioCeramic heaters provide constant heat. The result? It works in half of the time of traditional curling irons, yet leaves you with longer-lasting curls and waves. It’s an easy-to-use tool to help you navigate work day styles to holiday party season looks—and it’s the hair tool gift that keeps on giving. –Lauren P.

What's your secret to long-lasting curls? Show & Tell!

Re: What’s New Wednesday: Endless Waves

My personal secret to obtaining my curls is the Calista hot rollers for long hair. My boyfriend's mom gifted me with a set a few years ago because she just bought it off QVC, but then cut her hair and they were just too bulky for her shorter length. This set is a lifesaver because my hair is past my hips and the longer rollers definitely grab on and distribute hair better than traditional sized rollers which don't emit enough heat on the limited surface area.

My next step in keeping my curls is Living Proof's Prime Style Extending Cream. With how long my hair is, the weight of it drags curl, even though my hair has no issues taking to heat styling. The primer cream helps lock curls to where I can comb them out later for softer waves. I also pair it with the Flex and Control hairspray from LP, both are brushable and don't leave my hair flaky or crunchy.

I shared my love for the curlers in the below thread from a while back---

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hair/help-hot-rollers-that-work/m-p/961285/highlight/true#M3851

As of late, I've been taking a hack to the curling process by putting my hair up in a high ponytail and just sectioning the tail for each hot roller. I have a giant "bun" of curlers and let that cool and set, then unroll, take down the ponytail, and finish styling.

Two tips from an out-of-work pro:

1.  Hold the wand in the direction you want your curls to fall.  So, don't hold the wand horizontal, which is something I've seen often.  Hold the wand vertically and you'll get a better fall on your curls.

2.  Hold the end of your section to the body/handle of the wand, and wave the wand in a horizontal circle, wrapping the hair around the wand from the bottom up.  This will create a beachier look to your waves/curls, making the texture a more "organic" look, i.e. not fake curls.

Bonus tip:  Once you drop the hair strand from the wand, grab the ends and give the curl a good tug downwards.  This lengthens/stretches the curl, and results in a softer look.  Or, you can curl your whole head, without manipulating each strand as you drop them.  Once all of the hair has cooled completely, gently comb through all the hair gently with a wide tooth comb.  Again, softens the curls and results in a more organic look.

I love curl wands!  I took the handles off all my curling irons as a quick DIY wand but I really need to refresh my collection of hair tools.

Oh I might have to try this! I LOVE Bio Ionic! I own their hair dryer, flat iron and a curling iron. They are older models... probably close to 10 years now... but that to me just proves they last!!! I've tried many other brands before and this is still my top one! If mine die I'm getting Bio Ionic again!

This looks fun! But I've never had luck with wands. Mind you I've only tried one and it was a tapered one.  It would make my hair super curly rather than give cute waves, I looked wild lol!

I currently use Sarah Potempa's Beachwaver S1 and love it.  It spins for me and seems to give the perfect wave, no issues at all! You guys should carry the brand!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • 11.09_WNW.jpg
testing